The Manchester United Thread

The strangest part of this Pedro deal is that apparently you didn't want to "overpay" to get him, hence your reluctance to match his release clause. But anyone you go for now will most likely be overpriced.

United will be fine, they already saw off Spurs, beat Villa in there own backyard, and crushed invading infidels from Brugge.

Depay looks to be finding his feet fast, which is usually a few months in the English game.

Yes, you could have got Otamendi and Pedro for the price of Raheem Sterling, but the team looks fine albeit slow paced (passing wise). Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal havent improved that much yet.

It just the pending transfers from MCFC and Chelsea that will make the United suitation look worse, when really they have bought well and have a decent balanced side, maybe not a fully balanced squad but that will come soon enough.

We wanted Pedro for the goals (at least I did). I don't know who is going to contribute other than Rooney.... even that's a gamble, Depay and perhaps Mata/Januzaj with a few.

Majority of our attacks go down the left-side of the pitch, Mata just doesn't have the speed to go past a player, he's too one dimensional for that position. We really need an alternative option.

Last edited:
The strangest part of this Pedro deal is that apparently you didn't want to "overpay" to get him, hence your reluctance to match his release clause. But anyone you go for now will most likely be overpriced.

That;s if thats true. Also being said United are lining someone else else. Guess we will see. Could well be that they go forsome they feel is a better fit. No idea who. Gotze would be hilarious.

If that's the case - it's strange. They basically have the big bucks now with those sponsorship deals. Also, the new TV deal. Man, **** that. We're talking 3m here. It's not about the money one would assume. RIGHT MIKE?????!

Careful now, some might think you were not a City fan....

Naaaa.. ive just watched incarnations of United since 1985 onwards, they've seen worse than this. At the min you've still doing the rebuilding that you lost out on with Fergie not starting it sooner, having to dismantle what Moyes started into transfer wise (Kroos etc) and build on LVG's style.

The team has had to deal with retirements of the legacy, throw the replacements out from Moyes, and gone through Fergies last and Moyes last windows with an eye on a longer term plan, that was ditched when the Moyes experiement just didnt work.

You have to restart this twice already.. and its still going.

Moyes - got fergies half retired, half young squad.
LVG - got a half built disjointed squad, he's spending fast and building a team/style of his own, while still climbing the league by hook, crook or possession.

in what less than 4 seasons in total?

If that's the case - it's strange. They basically have the big bucks now with those sponsorship deals. Also, the new TV deal. Man, **** that. We're talking 3m here. It's not about the money one would assume. RIGHT MIKE?????!

If money is the issue then it makes zero sense. Which means it must be the player, which makes more sense but still not much, which means he either really rates Januzaj, or he rates him and is chasing someone else entirely different.

That;s if thats true. Also being said United are lining someone else else. Guess we will see. Could well be that they go forsome they feel is a better fit. No idea who. Gotze would be hilarious.

Isn't Gotze just another no.10 though? Would be kind of.... typical United. Signing another no.10 and playing him out-wide. Not sure if that's the answer.

It's very strange. He was saying all along we needed pace and creativity, and then doesn't want someone that can give us that?

I hope it's a case of having someone else lined up. but who...

I seriously doubt that's the case. The only sensible explanation is that he wasn't Van Gaal's first choice to begin with. Anyone with a bit of sense can see that in today's market 30 mil for Pedro is perfectly reasonable money.

Isn't Gotze just another no.10 though? Would be kind of.... typical United. Signing another no.10 and playing him out-wide. Not sure if that's the answer.

Gotze is quite quick though, closer to Di Maria, which case Mat goes central (or bench), and Gotze plays across the midfield, not just a 10.

It's very strange. He was saying all along we needed pace and creativity, and then doesn't want someone that can give us that?

I hope it's a case of having someone else lined up. but who...

Gaitan.

I seriously doubt that's the case. The only sensible explanation is that he wasn't Van Gaal's first choice to begin with. Anyone with a bit of sense can see that in today's market 30 mil for Pedro is perfectly reasonable money.

He'd have to be pretty **** sure of his alternative though to pull out of a deal like that.

This pedro saga is a bit strange. I wonder if we've been using pedro as a smokescreen to deter the press from our real targets like maybe bale,ronaldo,muller or cavani. The de gea thing has dragged on for so long, maybe we are asking for ronaldo or bale to be included in any deal.

Imo Götze plays best from the left wing...so at least we would have a decent Memphis deputy. :D

Is it just possible that Pedro didint want to join United? There is no way that didint have the money to buy.
And then they just say we are not interested in him anymore.

Lets see what happens in the coming transfer week.

Honestly, I think it was Valdes who made a phone call. :S

United lmao, top work lads.

Otamendi and Pedro going to city and chelsea within the space of a week, what's next benzema to arsenal?

Last edited:
Wtf just happened?....

I read somewhere on skysports stating we've dropped interest in pedro...

And to top it off, he's leaving for chelsea

Back