The Manchester United Thread

Honestly, I think it was Valdes who made a phone call. :S

Yeah this might be one case when having spanish commando in the squad didn't help. With Van Gaal falling out with Valdes, his relationship with De Gea being uncertain, and Herrera probably not being too happy about his playtime...its not completely implausible that Pedro received text at last minute with a warning STAY THE **** AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WATCH OLD MAN'S BALLS.

You are joking right?

I do think it will be interesting to see just how good Pedro is. Playing each week with Messi and co will be very different to United/Chelsea

Not saying I don't rate him, I would snap him up at almost every club but I am interested to see how he does

This pedro saga is a bit strange. I wonder if we've been using pedro as a smokescreen to deter the press from our real targets like maybe bale,ronaldo,muller or cavani. The de gea thing has dragged on for so long, maybe we are asking for ronaldo or bale to be included in any deal.

"The hopeful fan"

This from the Express sums it up for me:

"After chief executive Ed Woodward flew to Barcelona on Monday apparently to close the deal, it is difficult to accept that Van Gaal simply lost interest in a player he had made his number one target to replace Angel Di Maria. United have been tracking Pedro ever since Di Maria ended his unhappy year at Old Trafford by moving to PSG earlier this month. And although there is strong interest in Thomas Muller, he is a different sort of player and Bayern Munich are highly unlikely to sell whatever United bid.

As Pedro had a release clause of £22m, United could not have been outbid by Chelsea. United are so flush with money that suggestions they were haggling over the method of payment and that Chelsea were prepared to pay more up front are hard to believe. It is also unlikely that Chelsea have offered Pedro a better contract than United.

What it boils down to then is that Pedro fancied Chelsea more than United, and preferred working with Jose Mourinho more than Van Gaal, who has also had a stand-off with his Spain international team-mate David De Gea. United picked up on those vibes and pulled the plug. But it is a major blow because Van Gaal had identified Pedro as the perfect player to give his attack the pace, creativity and goals it has lacked in the early games."

I do think it will be interesting to see just how good Pedro is. Playing each week with Messi and co will be very different to United/Chelsea

Not saying I don't rate him, I would snap him up at almost every club but I am interested to see how he does

Think of it this way, you don't get to play alongside Messi unless you are really good ;)

Think of it this way, you don't get to play alongside Messi unless you are really good ;)

And he was struggling to - the reason he is leaving. With a front three of Neymar, Messi and Suarez that is not exactly surprising though

I do think he will be a good signing, nonetheless

And he was struggling to - the reason he is leaving. With a front three of Neymar, Messi and Suarez that is not exactly surprising though

I do think he will be a good signing, nonetheless

Only 2-3 players in world football would be able to break into that troika mate. Pedro was good enough to play a key role in some of the best Barca teams ever

Only 2-3 players in world football would be able to break into that troika mate. Pedro was good enough to play a key role in some of the best Barca teams ever

I'd say two tbh and it's Ronaldo and Aguero.

Ronaldo - Aguero - Messi

oh man.... :) :) :)

Honestly couldn't think of a better three in the past 20-30 years, on paper anyway.

Ronaldinho in that 2-3 years might have something to say about it like, never seen a player like him during his pomp.

Back