The Manchester United Thread

Only 2-3 players in world football would be able to break into that troika mate. Pedro was good enough to play a key role in some of the best Barca teams ever

Meh, I'm not sure. For all the media wankery about Messi-Suarez-Neymar, it wasn't actually Barca that scored the most goals last season. It was Madrid, playing half a season without Modric and injured Ronaldo.

Well, tbh, I think chelsea need pedro more than we do...particularly from how I saw depay play yesterday...it'll enable us give pereira and januzaj sufficient game time plus save up the cash to get a CB and a backup striker...has anyone thought about adruiz?

Congrats chelsea...

IMO Mane would be solid addition to the team. He is rapid and very strong physically. That's the type of players we have added this summer.

He is obviously not as good as Pedro but he would offer lot of pace down the right wing.

Btw, Jason Burt reported this story.

IMO Mane would be solid addition to the team. He is rapid and very strong physically. That's the type of players we have added this summer.

He is obviously not as good as Pedro but he would offer lot of pace down the right wing.

Btw, Jason Burt reported this story.

I dont think hes a bad player, I just dont think he'd offer us much more than just playing Valencia in his natural right wing position.

Liverpool 2.0 raiding Southampton. Mane is decent and all but we really are on the low end of our targets now.

I dont think hes a bad player, I just dont think he'd offer us much more than just playing Valencia in his natural right wing position.

Valencia can't beat full backs or a goal threat which Mane is. Valencia of old? Yes. He was but this Valencia is playing as RB for a reason.

Are we really trying to defend mane?...this is embarassing...

Mane is better than Valencia and Young as a winger. Just because you haven't watched him or noticed him doesn't mean he is not good enough.

IIRC he scored 10 goals from wing position. How many years it will take for Young and Valencia to reach that mark?

Mane would have been typical signing under Fergie. Young, rapid and need bigger stage to prove his worth.

Honestly couldn't think of a better three in the past 20-30 years, on paper anyway.

Ronaldinho in that 2-3 years might have something to say about it like, never seen a player like him during his pomp.

er the original Ronaldo says hi

To be honest Mane offers you exactly what you need, pace, creativity and goals. Sure he's not exactly a "big" name but it could be a good deal for you, given the rumours are true that is.

Mane out of all people? Saints will probably charge more then Chelsea paid for Pedro.

This is bizzare.

If we sign Mané for a sum like 15 million (current market value is 12.6m pounds according to transfermarkt) whereas we could have signed Pedro for 23 million, we are dumb. Literally, dumb.

Holy *****, are we really discussing the possible transfer of Mané...is that still the United thread?

To be honest Mane offers you exactly what you need, pace, creativity and goals. Sure he's not exactly a "big" name but it could be a good deal for you, given the rumours are true that is.

Not a bad player at all, feel bad that Legend and LFCmarshall think he is. Poor sods.

Not a bad player at all, feel bad that Legend and LFCmarshall think he is. Poor sods.

Yep. Sometimes you don't always need to go for the "big" name. Yes, ideally most United fans wanted Pedro but Mane still has a lot to offer and I completely understand why you're rumoured to be interested in him. After all this is the same player that caused us (Chelsea) all sorts of problems last season.

Back