The Manchester United Thread

Yep. Sometimes you don't always need to go for the "big" name. Yes, ideally most United fans wanted Pedro but Mane still has a lot to offer and I completely understand why you're rumoured to be interested in him. After all this is the same player that caused us (Chelsea) all sorts of problems last season.

I remember him ripping a few teams a new one last season more than can be said for any united player last season. Van Gaal said he wants pace and we aren't exactly splitting teams open with neat passing so he would offer something different and a ton of speed.

Yep. Sometimes you don't always need to go for the "big" name. Yes, ideally most United fans wanted Pedro but Mane still has a lot to offer and I completely understand why you're rumoured to be interested in him. After all this is the same player that caused us (Chelsea) all sorts of problems last season.

Deadly counter attack option. The key will be if he is at his peak, or if he can add more to his game, that's the difference between him being a good signing and a great one.

actually the key is making these happen rather than talking about it. Got to react now.

To be honest Mane offers you exactly what you need, pace, creativity and goals. Sure he's not exactly a "big" name but it could be a good deal for you, given the rumours are true that is.

Depay offers us all that plus more...

Jesus christ, I don't see the difference between buying mane and keeping Danny welbeck

I'd actually really like Mane, getting Southampton to sell though is going to be very tough.

This is most likely just being briefed to save face over Pedro though, that's the reality of the situation. There is no way if Mane was a prime target we wouldn't of acted before now.

This is most likely just being briefed to save face over Pedro though, that's the reality of the situation. There is no way if Mane was a prime target we wouldn't of acted before now.

Prime target was Bale but that clearly was never going to happen.

If we sign Mané for a sum like 15 million (current market value is 12.6m pounds according to transfermarkt) whereas we could have signed Pedro for 23 million, we are dumb. Literally, dumb.

Holy *****, are we really discussing the possible transfer of Mané...is that still the United thread?

Why? Maybe Pedro was not interested in moving to ManUtd when he heard Chelsea were interested?

Our best players Shaw and Schneiderlin are from Southampton.

Sigh. People don't watch any team expect hearing big names in FM game and think everyone are just ****.

Mane scored 10 goals in league playing as winger, that's more than anyone in our team except Rooney. He is fast, can dribble and can score goals. Just because he is not a big name signing doesn't mean he is not good.

Darmian wasn't big name also, so was Scheneiderlin.

Players who fit the team >> Big name signing. Not saying Pedro doesn't fit our team, he was more than good enough but there are other players also who can improve us.

Sigh. People don't watch any team expect hearing big names in FM game and think everyone are just ****.

Mane scored 10 goals in league playing as winger, that's more than anyone in our team except Rooney. He is fast, can dribble and can score goals. Just because he is not a big name signing doesn't mean he is not good.

Players who fit the team >> Big name signing. Not saying Pedro doesn't fit our team, he was more than good enough but there are other players also who can improve us.

Have people not learned from Di Maria and Falcao yet? massive marquee names and lets be honest flopped.

They were looking at Mane last week, they are briefing now because Pedro is out. Turns out we never offered more than 18.5 in a structured deal, so it cant have been about the money if we have bid 3 times for Muller at 50m+

Precisely. Also Mane's only 23 so there's still time for him to develop. But the key to this deal (If true) is the price IMO, anything more than £18m and I'd walk away.

I'd take a fitting player over a big name player any day.

Di Maria??? ;)

(Though I do feel Di Maria would have got up to his full standard eventually)

Back