The Manchester United Thread

Precisely. Also Mane's only 23 so there's still time for him to develop. But the key to this deal (If true) is the price IMO, anything more than £18m and I'd walk away.

They bid last week it seens. Only bothered to tell the press today

Still laughable that we've gone from Pedro to Mane, when we were sniffing around Pedro for a month, Woody went to Barcelona few days back etc.

Not against Mane, but rather under-whelming how this has all came about now.... saving face over Pedro, that's all.

Look, if Mane was first or even second target, he would have been tied up along with Schneiderlin, two months ago.

He's not a bad option by any measure, but lets not delude ourselves that this is a target Van Gaal prefered.

And domestic transfer this late in the window is bound to be drastically overpriced.

I think LVG will go for a 4-3-3 now. I think he's happy how Januzaj and Memphis are playing atm. With Mata and Young as other options on the wings it isn't too bad. Plus this gives a position to Herrera on midfield.

Genuine question to United fans, who thinks we can win the league with this team if no other signings are made? When I say this team I also mean no DDG.

I think LVG will go for a 4-3-3 now. I think he's happy how Januzaj and Memphis are playing atm. With Mata and Young as other options on the wings it isn't too bad. Plus this gives a position to Herrera on midfield.

But, who, who, who, who, is our alternative option to Mata on the right? He's so one-dimensional there majority of time our play keeps going through the left.

We need a different option, someone with pace who can beat a man, get to the byline and cross a ball from time to time.

Last edited:
But, who, who, who, who, is our alternative option to Mata on the right? He's so one-dimensional there majority of time our play keeps going through the left.

We need a different option, someone with pace who can beat a man, get to the byline and cross a ball from time to time.

You don't think Januzaj could be(come) that one?

I think mane would be a quality signing. Looked very impressive last season and from what I can remember gave Chelsea's defence trouble when he played against us.

You don't think Januzaj could be(come) that one?

No, the problem with United is they have too many players who are suited to centrally/no.10 position so they have to accommodate them out-wide. Januzaj has been tried out-wide before.

I miss the old days of having some proper wingers. That's why I'd kind of welcome Mane with open arms. But not holding my breath.

Well sorry but not everyone has the pace of bale but he's not one dimensional...

He plays as a false winger...sometimes he's on the left, sometimes he's central...that assist to januzaj, he was slightly to the left

Well sorry but not everyone has the pace of bale but he's not one dimensional...

He plays as a false winger...sometimes he's on the left, sometimes he's central...that assist to januzaj, he was slightly to the left

That's one extreme to the other, comparing Mata to Bale in terms of pace.

If we put it in a digestible context, through FM attributes: -

Bale - Pace 19

Mata - Pace 12

Mane - Pace 17

Look, if Mane was first or even second target, he would have been tied up along with Schneiderlin, two months ago.

He's not a bad option by any measure, but lets not delude ourselves that this is a target Van Gaal prefered.

And domestic transfer this late in the window is bound to be drastically overpriced.

There are targets and there are back up options. Rojo was not our first choice target, Vermaelen was.

That's one extreme to the other, comparing Mata to Bale in terms of pace.

If we put it in a digestible context, through FM attributes: -

Bale - Pace 19

Mata - Pace 12

Mane - Pace 17

Mata isn't one dimensionl, not even remotely close to it. the only thing Mata doesnt have is outright pace, and yet yesterdat he was constantly in the heart of our movement, attacking and defensively.

Our play went down the left because we were countering, but our play predominantly goes down the right.

Genuine question to United fans, who thinks we can win the league with this team if no other signings are made? When I say this team I also mean no DDG.

Even with Pedro, you would still be behind Chelsea, MCFC on paper maybe tied with Arsenal, there defence is gash.

No, the problem with United is they have too many players who are suited to centrally/no.10 position so they have to accommodate them out-wide. Januzaj has been tried out-wide before.

I miss the old days of having some proper wingers. That's why I'd kind of welcome Mane with open arms. But not holding my breath.

Januzaj was at his best under Moyes outwide.... What are you talking about?

Still laughable that we've gone from Pedro to Mane, when we were sniffing around Pedro for a month, Woody went to Barcelona few days back etc.

Not against Mane, but rather under-whelming how this has all came about now.... saving face over Pedro, that's all.

You were underwhelmed when we went after Pedro, so your barometer is off the chart

Also Pedro and Mane are completely different styles of player... how has this not come up yet?

Back