The Manchester United Thread

When your backup option allows a superior player to join direct title rival, you're doing some seriously ****** job.

Odd back up to have since they are different players...

As an analyst, this kind of stuff really irritates me.

I just want people to watch a player for more than 3 games.

Hey I do that, and then I go on FM to check the stats and then comment on how good the player is. That's what the pro's do right? :P

I don't know why it would, since backup refers to position on the pitch and not the style of play. If you're buying a winger instead of the other winger, one of them is a backup transfer.

Hey I do that, and then I go on FM to check the stats and then comment on how good the player is. That's what the pro's do right? :P

You amateur. I buy them in FM, simulate at least 3 seasons while mimicking LVG tactics, and only then I bless you all with my experts opinions.

When your backup option allows a superior player to join direct title rival, you're doing some seriously ****** job.

Allowing him too join title rival? What can we do, kidnap him and point a gun and make him sign a contract?

Transfer market is not straight forward. You sign few players and you lose few. Not every player move depends on ManUtd decisions. Player makes the final decision.

They are more similar than different. Both very quick players who can score goals and play out wide. Both are good dribblers. Pedro is very good off the ball which is something I haven't seen much in Mane's game.

Everyone and his cat knows we wanted Pedro, we just didn't get the deal done. Different players yes, but it's still under-whelming and blatant face-saving that the Mane bid of last week has been leaked by United now.

You were underwhelmed when we went after Pedro, so your barometer is off the chart

Stop the petty commenting Mike. I said he'd add much needed goals to the team but I also said he wouldn't solve all of our creativity issues in the final third. I said I wanted him though, why are you commenting this? Can we not just admit that's it's really ****** to lose out on a player we've been after to a direct rival who hasn't started the season well. This could spark Chelsea back into life.

Januzaj was at his best under Moyes outwide.... What are you talking about?

I was making the point to the guy I quoted that I would like someone such as Mane as an alternative option to Mata on the right as I feel we have too many no.10's currently who are having to play out-wide just to accommodate them.

Not saying Januzaj was bad out-wide, just would like him to have consistency in the position which LVG has said which is shadow striker or maybe striker could be classed as. Will help his progression, plus I like what I've seen of him so far this season in these positions more, making good intelligent runs like vs Villa which Mata picked out leading to the goal.

Last edited:
We will never really know why pedro has chosen Chelsea over United. He might want to live in London, be managed by mourinho or be good friends with fabregas. Maybe lvg has had a conversation with pedro and something didn't seem quite right so we pulled the plug. I'd be quite happy with mane. He's younger, still quick, strong , tested in the prem and scores goals. Just because he is not a 40 million player doesn't mean he's not the right player. Still think we should put Rooney in the no10 role and have a striker with pace so we can get in behind defences with Rooney pinging the ball around.

Everyone and his cat knows we wanted Pedro, we just didn't get the deal done.

Stop the petty commenting Mike. I said he'd add much needed goals to the team but I also said he wouldn't solve all of our creativity issues in the final third. I said I wanted him though, why are you commenting this? Can we not just admit that's it's really ****** to lose out on a player we've been after to a direct rival who hasn't started the season well. This could spark Chelsea back into life.

I was making the point to the guy I quoted that I would like someone such as Mane as an alternative option to Mata on the right as I feel we have too many no.10's currently who are having to play out-wide just to accommodate them.

Not saying Januzaj was bad out-wide, just would like him to have consistency in the position which LVG has said which is shadow striker or maybe striker could be classed as. Will help his progression, plus I like what I've seen of him so far this season in these positions more, making good intelligent runs like vs Villa which Mata picked out leading to the goal.

You don't buy a player because a rival gets them, you do your thing.

If you obsession is about players who beat a man then Mane is a better fit than Pedro, so really you shouldn't be underwhelmed at all.

Allowing him too join title rival? What can we do, kidnap him and point a gun and make him sign a contract?

You do realize he accepted all the terms and only thing left was the deal with Barca?

I don't know why it would, since backup refers to position on the pitch and not the style of play. If you're buying a winger instead of the other winger, one of them is a backup transfer.

Because same position doesn't mean anything. It's about the job, not where they play. There is a tremendous amount of variation in what makes a winger. Mata is a winger by position, that's is where he has played the vast amount of his career, only for 18 months did he play as a 10. His role is a playmaker/scorer hybrid though, even when wide.

Back