The Manchester United Thread

You don't buy a player because a rival gets them, you do your thing.

If you obsession is about players who beat a man then Mane is a better fit than Pedro, so really you shouldn't be underwhelmed at all.

All my point is relating to the fact that the Mane bid of last week is being briefed by the club now just to save face over Pedro. Is this really deniable? It's obvious.

I'm not against Mane signing just like I wasn't Pedro. Both would be good additions and add goals to the team.

You do realize he accepted all the terms and only thing left was the deal with Barca?

Yesterday media reported we agreed terms and in the very same evening they said Chelsea are set to sign him.

For a team that just throws away money on Bebe, they wouldn't think about paying 20 Million for Pedro. It's lot more complicated than what some media reports.

All my point is relating to the fact that the Mane bid of last week is being briefed by the club now just to save face over Pedro. Is this really deniable? It's obvious.

I'm not against Mane signing just like I wasn't Pedro. Both would be good additions and add goals to the team.

But then why is that underwhelming. That's what I dont get about you. Mane is the kind of player you wanted (I'd have perferred Pedro) you should be happy, since all month you have wanted a player who plays wide and beats a man

But then why is that underwhelming. That's what I dont get about you. Mane is the kind of player you wanted (I'd have perferred Pedro) you should be happy, since all month you have wanted a player who plays wide and beats a man

It's under-whelming because of the context, there is no way Mane was a prime target, we've lost out on one in Pedro. We don't have any real aspirations of getting Mane and know it will be really difficult with Southampton, if not impossible, at this stage of the window. Being briefed now only to save face and nothing more. I can't see us getting Mane now from a club like Southampton at this stage without paying big.

Apparently it was Moyes who told Pedro not to join United. Sociedad and Madrid's squads met for lunch a few days ago like they do every summer.

With the bad link Moyes has to United it was thought that he has told Pedro not to go...

Interesting...

Because same position doesn't mean anything. It's about the job, not where they play. There is a tremendous amount of variation in what makes a winger. Mata is a winger by position, that's is where he has played the vast amount of his career, only for 18 months did he play as a 10. His role is a playmaker/scorer hybrid though, even when wide.

Position defines who is a backup to who. I don't know why you would bring playstyle into this at all, that's entirely different discussion. Wilson and Chicharito have completely different capabilities and strengths than Rooney, but that doesn't magically stop them being backup strikers.

Go and re watch mane's hat rick against villa. ****** quick and strong. Pushes Ron vlaar out of the way with ease. There could be a lot of logic to him signing.

Apparently it was Moyes who told Pedro not to join United. Sociedad and Madrid's squads met for lunch a few days ago like they do every summer.

With the bad link Moyes has to United it was thought that he has told Pedro not to go...

Interesting...

That just sounds like BS tbf, why the **** would Pedro listen to Moyes anyway when Mata and Herrera are at United doing well. Thinking about it probably not Herrera right now but Mata is playing every game.

That just sounds like BS tbf, why the **** would Pedro listen to Moyes anyway when Mata and Herrera are at United doing well. Thinking about it probably not Herrera right now but Mata is playing every game.

Moyes and Pedro have always been good mates since Moyes nearly signed him for Everton when he was in his Barca youth. Pedro has always been open about his admiration for Moyes, google it!

Moyes and Pedro have always been good mates since Moyes nearly signed him for Everton when he was in his Barca youth. Pedro has always been open about his admiration for Moyes, google it!

But I don't think Moyes is like that and what could he possibly say to put Pedro off? Ohhh I was sacked for being **** so you shouldn't go there because there is no loyalty.

If anything the Valdes and Pedro story is more believable.

It's under-whelming because of the context, there is no way Mane was a prime target, we've lost out on one in Pedro. We don't have any real aspirations of getting Mane and know it will be really difficult with Southampton, if not impossible, at this stage of the window. Being briefed now only to save face and nothing more. I can't see us getting Mane now from a club like Southampton at this stage without paying big.
What context? They bid for Mane a week ago. If they hadn't have said anything you would be complaining right now that united aren't chasing anyone. We don't know any of that because actually we have no information bar what's just come out. You couldn't see us getting Di Maria, schweinsteiger or Scheiderlin...

Interesting...

"Don't go to Man Utd. The team that I managed for one season and did terrible. I totally know how the club works under LVG so don't go."

If that's true than **** Moyes. And **** Pedro. Why would you take the advice of someone that isn't at Man Utd? Ask DDG, Herrera, Mata and Valdes if you want an idea of how it's like at Man Utd.

But I don't think Moyes is like that and what could he possibly say to put Pedro off? Ohhh I was sacked for being **** so you shouldn't go there because there is no loyalty.

If anything the Valdes and Pedro story is more believable.

Did you google it?

What context? They bid for Mane a week ago. If they hadn't have said anything you would be complaining right now that united aren't chasing anyone. We don't know any of that because actually we have no information bar what's just come out. You couldn't see us getting Di Maria, schweinsteiger or Scheiderlin...

The context of us only releasing this now to save face over Pedro? Not of our aspirations or likelihood of getting him at this stage of the window.

Plus, Southampton said they didn't receive any bid.

The context of us only releasing this now to save face over Pedro? Not of our aspirations or likelihood of getting him at this stage of the window.

Plus, Southampton said they didn't receive any bid.
But why do you care? Again if nothing comes out, you'd have been annoyed. Dammed if they do or don't.

But why do you care? Again if nothing comes out, you'd have been annoyed. Dammed if they do or don't.

Knowing about a bid that happened last week doesn't really help a fan knowing that we've lost out on Pedro. Does it? Doesn't for me anyway!

Back