The Manchester United Thread

Killjoy. Losing out on Pedro when no one else is available is literally mind-bendingly annoying. Ahh well, should be used to it now as a United fan.

Resus is so off the table that we are more likely to get Muller, sorry. I would be absolutely stunned if he were to come here.

Resus is so off the table that we are more likely to get Muller, sorry. I would be absolutely stunned if he were to come here.

Genuine question though, Muller is a Bayern icon and is absolutely loved by the fans. On the other hand Lewandowski was free transfer for Bayern and therefore surely it would be much more better to test their resolve with a player like him by putting a big bid in?

Plus in my view Lewandowski would fit in better than Muller for that striker position.

Genuine question though, Muller is a Bayern icon and is absolutely loved by the fans. On the other hand Lewandowski was free transfer for Bayern and therefore surely it would be much more better to test their resolve with a player like him by putting a big bid in?

Plus in my view Lewandowski would fit in better than Muller for that striker position.

Hilarious

Being as we have more striker depth than just about anyone else, we could spare you a couple of Italians if that would help .....

Be as useful as your current number 10 but with a more stylish dress sense.

Stick with Reus.

It's more realistic than anyone else leaving Bayern anytime soon. ;)

The fact that he was free is exactly why you won't get him. I guarantee you a player like that, leaving on a free, must have had contact and offers from every top club in Europe, United included, and he choose Bayern. Why would he leave now when he's a guaranteed starter and with Vidal joining they are looking stronger then ever?

Plus Munich is just couple hours drive from Polish border and 1h direct flight from Warsaw, which doesn't hurt.

I don't know if it's a factor in Pedro's case or not but the lure of London to foreign players really can no the discounted.

It doesn't matter how successful you are or how much money you throw at a guy, if he wants London that's often the deciding factor.

Someone still isn't over the Alexis snub! Success plays a huge part in a player's decision. If United want someone, they'll usually get them. Cities are rarely the deciding factor. It's usually money and future prospects at the club first.

The fact that he was free is exactly why you won't get him. I guarantee you a player like that, leaving on a free, must have had contact and offers from every top club in Europe, United included, and he choose Bayern. Why would he leave now when he's a guaranteed starter and with Vidal joining they are looking stronger then ever?

Plus Munich is just couple hours drive from Polish border and 1h direct flight from Warsaw, which doesn't hurt.

Good points, but if I remember rightly, I'm sure his agent was talking up Manchester United earlier in the window.

Someone still isn't over the Alexis snub! Success plays a huge part in a player's decision. If United want someone, they'll usually get them. Cities are rarely the deciding factor. It's usually money and future prospects at the club first.

Have you not seen your transfer dealings this season?

Good points, but if I remember rightly, I'm sure his agent was talking up Manchester United earlier in the window.
Britain isn't that far from Poland by flight at all. Reus is a very realistic target for last season's top 4. He's much more likely than Lewandowski. It would be very interesting if Benzema became available because Arsenal and possibly United are both looking for strikers. The only top quality fowards that may move from now are Benzema or Lacazette.

The Petr Cech situation was different because his wife and family had been living there for years. We also have ambition and good future prospects.

I meant the whole "If United wan't anyone they usually get them"

Otamendi
Ramos
Pedro
Firmino (que saying you never did)
Clyne
Bale
Ronaldo
Who else? I'm sure there are more, usually though ;)

When you get out of your FM fantasy World and back to reality we'll see you in 5 days.

I meant the whole "If United wan't anyone they usually get them"

Otamendi
Ramos
Pedro
Firmino (que saying you never did)
Clyne
Bale
Ronaldo
Who else? I'm sure there are more, usually though ;)

Firstly, United never even bid in for Ronaldo, Bale, Clyne, Otamendi or Firmino. United were reluctant to sign Pedro and later pulled out. The only player they really failed with was Ramos. My point was that when United compete with other clubs on players, they rarely miss out.

Lewandowski's agent is a ******** who accidentally stumbled upon a golden goose, which made him biggest agent in the country, even though he's not even competent enough to sell livestock. The way he operates looks like he learned his craft from Football Manager, just keeps "leaking" made-up rumours to such an extent that they stop even appearing plausible.

You wouldn't believe the amount of promising careers he ruined around here, squashing players into clubs where they have no chances of playing just to make a deal.

Last edited:
When you get out of your FM fantasy World and back to reality we'll see you in 5 days.
No player is joining Liverpool over Arsenal these days, even if you were also based in London. When was the last time you signed a world class player?

The only top strikers that can realistically move are Benzema and Lacazette.

Back