The Manchester United Thread

No player is joining Liverpool over Arsenal these days, even if you were also based in London. When was the last time you signed a world class player?

Dude. You have your centre backs as World Class this week.

By your definition of Worldie's I'll throw in Lovren.

In fact scrap that, let's go REAL BIG ..... Djimi Traore.

Just as *****, sorry, 'World Class' (STOP laughing at the back) as your current centre backs but at least he has 1 more European Cup winners medal than Arsenal FC will EVER see .....

Last edited:
Firstly, United never even bid in for Ronaldo, Bale, Clyne, Otamendi or Firmino. United were reluctant to sign Pedro and later pulled out. The only player they really failed with was Ramos. My point was that when United compete with other clubs on players, they rarely miss out.

Hilarious, just hilarious.

And to think most United fans call us scouse deluded.

Can we stop the fighting about teams that aren't in the thread title? Besides, who would actually want to play for teams like Liverpool and Arsenal (A)

But seriously, the city is a big factor for some people, to others its not. I personally would hate to live in a big crowded city like London. Other people love it.

I meant the whole "If United wan't anyone they usually get them"

Otamendi
Ramos
Pedro
Firmino (que saying you never did)
Clyne
Bale
Ronaldo
Who else? I'm sure there are more, usually though ;)

United only went for Ramos, Pedro, Bale in terms of bids, and have a long standing interest in Ronaldo.

If you re gonna make a smart *** point, make it accurate, or take the ******* contest somewhere else

That goes for arsenal vs Liverpool too.

Last edited:
United only went for Ramos, Pedro, Bale in terms of bids, and have a long standing interest in Ronaldo.

If you re gonna make a smart *** point, make it accurate, or take the ******* contest somewhere else

That goes for arsenal vs Liverpool too.

Just like when United fans make their constant smart **** points on our thread?

Suppose they get the same treatment when they do it....

Just like when United fans make their constant smart **** points on our thread?

Suppose they get the same treatment when they do it....

Damola isn't a United fan? and zzeezzy made the point that Pedro wouldnt go to a non cl club with two cl clubs chasing him, pretty accurate.

And we definitely don't care about Arsenal vs Liverpool on a United thread.

How much was the Mane bid rumoured to be out of interest?

Not surprised Southampton turned it down. They can't go on selling like this and keep surviving. Can't see them being anywhere near the 7th place they had last year as it is.

Not surprised Southampton turned it down. They can't go on selling like this and keep surviving. Can't see them being anywhere near the 7th place they had last year as it is.

They'll win europa league and be in CL next season though ;)

Sorry i had a point but its been lost because i am on the bevvies. Chocolate brownie beer is the way forward

1. As i have said from the beginning of the Pedro saga i was underwhelmed by the prospectof him joining.2. However im quite peed off/alarmed he s going to chelski instead as:(a) It shows very bad planning by us to obviously be after a player but to dither and not get him.(b) Dont like losing targets to other teams/rivals cos it sends wrong kind of message out there as to our stature etc.3. Dont mind mane at all cos he's quite decent but only for the right price - arnd 20m. But its too late going after domestic player and we ll be likely robbed blind.4. I agree with LVG saying we need a galactico type player (in ability) but im not sure mane is it.5. We still need other players: another cf cos rooney wont be enough and our back ups are not up to scratch plus a developed cb. I know people will react about the cb but statistics do back me up. We may have let in few goals over the last 12 months or so but at the same time we apparently have one of biggest percentage of defensive errors and shots against(off and esp on target) in the league which shows that something other than the defense was keeping the shots out - probably DDG.6. We also need new gk for ddg s departure.7. Ill only start worrying when i ve watched us against a top team.

1. As i have said from the beginning of the Pedro saga i was underwhelmed by the prospectof him joining.2. However im quite peed off/alarmed he s going to chelski instead as:(a) It shows very bad planning by us to obviously be after a player but to dither and not get him.(b) Dont like losing targets to other teams/rivals cos it sends wrong kind of message out there as to our stature etc.3. Dont mind mane at all cos he's quite decent but only for the right price - arnd 20m. But its too late going after domestic player and we ll be likely robbed blind.4. I agree with LVG saying we need a galactico type player (in ability) but im not sure mane is it.5. We still need other players: another cf cos rooney wont be enough and our back ups are not up to scratch plus a developed cb. I know people will react about the cb but statistics do back me up. We may have let in few goals over the last 12 months or so but at the same time we apparently have one of biggest percentage of defensive errors and shots against(off and esp on target) in the league which shows that something other than the defense was keeping the shots out - probably DDG.6. We also need new gk for ddg s departure.7. Ill only start worrying when i ve watched us against a top team.

8. Paragraphs are your friend; )

Sorry i had a point but its been lost because i am on the bevvies. Chocolate brownie beer is the way forward

LOL. Drunk posting works for me!

Having been scared shitless by the level of organised violence in the final venue, Basle, last year which was worse than the first time we went (and I don't scare easy having seen most everything at the match over the years); Southampton are welcome to win it.

As Scouseinthehouse said, has anyone seen a rumoured price for what you offered for Mane?

EDIT: From what i've seen it is 15mil with Saints wanting 25mil

Last edited:
LOL. Drunk posting works for me!

Having been scared shitless by the level of organised violence in the final venue, Basle, last year which was worse than the first time we went (and I don't scare easy having seen most everything at the match over the years); Southampton are welcome to win it.

Football violence something i abhorr seem a fair share especially at roses derbies back in the day never got my head round it

Football violence something i abhorr seem a fair share especially at roses derbies back in the day never got my head round it

Won't derail the thread with this disgrace save to say Basle last year was on another level. It was like a military operation. Lads dressed from head to toe in black, all ballied up (balaclava wearing), running riot after. And those guys weren't playing. They were out to seriously injure or worse. We were expecting it after the last time we went there, and thought we'd played safe by stopping the other side of the Rhein in the German part of Basle (it had all gone the other side of the river the first time) but it was absolute carnage right through the night after the game. Worst I've seen in a long time. Even our little knobs **** themselves.

The prospect of the Europa final there, with what we'd take over, just doesn't bode well at all

im actually delighted we have pulled out of the pedro deal dont get me wrong he is a good player but like ive said before at what cost do we sign him pushing mata or januzaj to the bench? just so he gets first team football its known he doesnt want to be a bit part player someone who wants to start week in week out we cant go around garunteeeing players mane is a better option because he will not mind as much being a rotation option playing 20-25 games a season

Back