The Manchester United Thread

As Scouseinthehouse said, has anyone seen a rumoured price for what you offered for Mane?

EDIT: From what i've seen it is 15mil with Saints wanting 25mil

If we do make a 25 million bid then van gaal has got to be the biggest moron I have ever seen....

We could have had pedro for less but didn't want to shell out an extra 5 mil

If we do make a 25 million bid then van gaal has got to be the biggest moron I have ever seen....

dont agree like ive said pedro wants to be a consistent starter and i dont believe we are willing to offer him that
its not the transfer fee but squad status imo

I don't know, Pedro would have less competition here than in Chelsea. The whole thing is probably a combination of United stalling too long while chasing different target, and Pedro's wife wanting to shop in London.

I high doubt Man Utd would be trying to haggle for £5 million. If we wanted Pedro, we would have paid the money Barca were asking. There is more to it than just refusing to pay up.

I don't know, Pedro would have less competition here than in Chelsea. The whole thing is probably a combination of United stalling too long while chasing different target, and Pedro's wife wanting to shop in London.

I high doubt Man Utd would be trying to haggle for £5 million. If we wanted Pedro, we would have paid the money Barca were asking. There is more to it than just refusing to pay up.

Well one reason for the delay was that Neymar had mumps and Barcelona wanted to keep Pedro as cover for the two super cups. Then Pedro himself became unsure of a move to Old Trafford because of the way things have gone down between LVG and De Gea/Valdez

Well one reason for the delay was that Neymar had mumps and Barcelona wanted to keep Pedro as cover for the two super cups. Then Pedro himself became unsure of a move to Old Trafford because of the way things have gone down between LVG and De Gea/Valdez

That's a load of nonsense, that the rift between Van Gaal and De Gea/ Valdes has anything to do with the transfer. Manager and players fall out all the time. If that's the case then Pedro, Fabregas wouldn't have joined Chelsea after how he was benched by Jose.

I meant the whole "If United wan't anyone they usually get them"

Otamendi
Ramos
Pedro
Firmino (que saying you never did)
Clyne
Bale
Ronaldo
Who else? I'm sure there are more, usually though ;)

If you believe everything that is printed then sure we miss out on all the targets. If we sign all of them then we can' even fill them in Old Trafford stadium.

He told you that over brunch, did he?

United would have paid the release clause and signed him up a week ago if they really wanted him. It would be laughable to suggest that United would haggle over a tiny proportion of his transfer fee. Van Gaal has clearly has second thoughts over the deal and pulled out.

"Don't go to Man Utd. The team that I managed for one season and did terrible. I totally know how the club works under LVG so don't go."

If that's true than **** Moyes. And **** Pedro. Why would you take the advice of someone that isn't at Man Utd? Ask DDG, Herrera, Mata and Valdes if you want an idea of how it's like at Man Utd.

Better if he doesn't ask Valdes. :D

Being as we have more striker depth than just about anyone else, we could spare you a couple of Italians if that would help .....

Be as useful as your current number 10 but with a more stylish dress sense.

If depth means having **** players then no thanks.

1. As i have said from the beginning of the Pedro saga i was underwhelmed by the prospectof him joining.2. However im quite peed off/alarmed he s going to chelski instead as:(a) It shows very bad planning by us to obviously be after a player but to dither and not get him.(b) Dont like losing targets to other teams/rivals cos it sends wrong kind of message out there as to our stature etc.3. Dont mind mane at all cos he's quite decent but only for the right price - arnd 20m. But its too late going after domestic player and we ll be likely robbed blind.4. I agree with LVG saying we need a galactico type player (in ability) but im not sure mane is it.5. We still need other players: another cf cos rooney wont be enough and our back ups are not up to scratch plus a developed cb. I know people will react about the cb but statistics do back me up. We may have let in few goals over the last 12 months or so but at the same time we apparently have one of biggest percentage of defensive errors and shots against(off and esp on target) in the league which shows that something other than the defense was keeping the shots out - probably DDG.6. We also need new gk for ddg s departure.7. Ill only start worrying when i ve watched us against a top team.

Longest novel I've read since the Uni.

Van Gaal himself admitted in a press conference that he wanted more pace and creativity (basically to replace Di Maria).

So it makes him rejecting Pedro even more odd, unless Januzaj has suddenly shone a ray of light offering everything so we don't need anyone else. Considering Van Gaal assesses and surely knows all the players inside out by now, that won't be the case after two decent performances. I use the word decent because that's all they've really been from Januzaj in last two games.

Hasn't really told me we don't need an alternative more direct option on the right instead of Mata who can offer some pace and cross a ball from time to time.

Van Gaal himself admitted in a press conference that he wanted more pace and creativity (basically to replace Di Maria).

So it makes him rejecting Pedro even more odd, unless Januzaj has suddenly shone a ray of light offering everything so we don't need anyone else. Considering Van Gaal assesses and surely knows all the players inside out by now, that won't be the case after two decent performances. I use the word decent because that's all they've really been from Januzaj in last two games.

Hasn't really told me we don't need an alternative more direct option on the right instead of Mata who can offer some pace and cross a ball from time to time.

First of all, I se pedro as a downgrade from di maria...pedro doesn't really have mind blowing pace...and he isn't very creative either....

All he does is cuts in from the left and passes it to messi...

Back