The Manchester United Thread

Van Gaal himself admitted in a press conference that he wanted more pace and creativity (basically to replace Di Maria).

So it makes him rejecting Pedro even more odd, unless Januzaj has suddenly shone a ray of light offering everything so we don't need anyone else. Considering Van Gaal assesses and surely knows all the players inside out by now, that won't be the case after two decent performances. I use the word decent because that's all they've really been from Januzaj in last two games.

Hasn't really told me we don't need an alternative more direct option on the right instead of Mata who can offer some pace and cross a ball from time to time.

First of all, I se pedro as a downgrade from di maria...pedro doesn't really have mind blowing pace...and he isn't very creative either....

All he does is cuts in from the left and passes it to messi...

Van Gaal himself admitted in a press conference that he wanted more pace and creativity (basically to replace Di Maria).

So it makes him rejecting Pedro even more odd, unless Januzaj has suddenly shone a ray of light offering everything so we don't need anyone else. Considering Van Gaal assesses and surely knows all the players inside out by now, that won't be the case after two decent performances. I use the word decent because that's all they've really been from Januzaj in last two games.

Hasn't really told me we don't need an alternative more direct option on the right instead of Mata who can offer some pace and cross a ball from time to time.

That's the thing. No one knows what goes behind the scenes. One thing is for sure, transfer fee was never an issue considering our net spend is just 8 million pounds this season. There is much more to it and sadly we will never hear about it unless Pedro writes it in his book.

I don't know about others and don't know why people are so mad about missed transfers. They act as if every player movement depends on ManUtd decisions. We missed out on Pedro, so what? Previously we missed players like Shearer, Batigol, Ronaldinho, Hazard, Robben, Essien (work Permit), David Silva.

That's the thing. No one knows what goes behind the scenes. One thing is for sure, transfer fee was never an issue considering our net spend is just 8 million pounds this season. There is much more to it and sadly we will never hear about it unless Pedro writes it in his book.

I don't know about others and don't know why people are so mad about missed transfers. They act as if every player movement depends on ManUtd decisions. We missed out on Pedro, so what? Previously we missed players like Shearer, Batigol, Ronaldinho, Hazard, Robben, Essien (work Permit), David Silva.

Probably my negative thinking, but wouldn't surprise me if our transfer business is done. Unless Woody pulls off something special there is going to be no one available without over-paying. Especially domestically with players like Mane and Kane, also for the record, I'd like Mane, but not Kane because we'll get absolutely fleeced and he needs more than one season in Prem to prove himself.

You're assuming it was LvG's choice, not Pedro's.

The business I'd do now would be Berahino and Mane, because they'd both come in and offer something that we don't have in the team.

We'd overpay for both don't get me wrong, but it could be great options to have and be key for some games having them additional squad rotation/depth options. Plus, I just get the feeling and I may be on my own here, that Berahino and Mane would both push for a move to us. Would be literally a dream for them.

I don't like how people are writing off Mane, he had a better season than Pedro and was proven good in this league. Which again, Van Gaal said he wanted. Mane got 10 goals and 3 assists, for his first season that's pretty **** good. Sure someone said it but how long would it take someone like Young or Valencia to contribute that much? Plus some people have compared Mane to the old Valencia, I actually was a fan of the old Valencia where he was aggressive and would take on the player. Valencia's crossing wasn't great and tbh that's one of my concerns with Mane.

The business I'd do now would be Berahino and Mane, because they'd both come in and offer something that we don't have in the team.....

As Tottenham found, now the season's started, outside of stupid money, it's too late in the day for West Brom to part with him.

Been very surprised nobody's taken (IMHO) the calculated gamble of £20 million or so earlier for the most talented and well rounded young English striker out there.

Another good season of development like last and the price next summer will be a whole to higher than what it was this.

First of all, I se pedro as a downgrade from di maria...pedro doesn't really have mind blowing pace...and he isn't very creative either....

All he does is cuts in from the left and passes it to messi...

Presuming he adapts to the English game, I'd prepare yourself for major disappointment to just what he'll add to Chelsea.

And what he would of added to Utd.

Presuming he adapts to the English game, I'd prepare yourself for major disappointment to just what he'll add to Chelsea.

And what he would of added to Utd.

it doesnt matter what he might of added end of the day we have alot of promising youth that can play along the front 3 who deserve a chance we are manchester united not chelsea that casts our youth away regardless of if dey are ready to challenge in the 1st team

I'm actually hoping Pereira gets more of a look in this season, but again, the realisation is he's predominantly a no.10.

Although I'm sure with Brazil in the summer he done really well playing on the left and cutting in? Someone let me know if that's right. Even if he can play there, no chance of getting over Depay at the moment.

Probably my negative thinking, but wouldn't surprise me if our transfer business is done. Unless Woody pulls off something special there is going to be no one available without over-paying. Especially domestically with players like Mane and Kane, also for the record, I'd like Mane, but not Kane because we'll get absolutely fleeced and he needs more than one season in Prem to prove himself.

Yeah, even I believe our transfer business is done unless there is someone available late in the window like Falcao last season.
The business I'd do now would be Berahino and Mane, because they'd both come in and offer something that we don't have in the team.

We'd overpay for both don't get me wrong, but it could be great options to have and be key for some games having them additional squad rotation/depth options. Plus, I just get the feeling and I may be on my own here, that Berahino and Mane would both push for a move to us. Would be literally a dream for them.

I don't like how people are writing off Mane, he had a better season than Pedro and was proven good in this league. Which again, Van Gaal said he wanted. Mane got 10 goals and 3 assists, for his first season that's pretty **** good. Sure someone said it but how long would it take someone like Young or Valencia to contribute that much? Plus some people have compared Mane to the old Valencia, I actually was a fan of the old Valencia where he was aggressive and would take on the player. Valencia's crossing wasn't great and tbh that's one of my concerns with Mane.

Man you are all over the place. I remember very well I said Berahino would be good addition and you said we should be aiming lot higher and he is not the quality we should be looking (unless it was someone else and I don't remember it properly).

Btw, I agree with your point. Both would be good additions. Pace, power and can finish.

I'm actually hoping Pereira gets more of a look in this season, but again, the realisation is he's predominantly a no.10.

Although I'm sure with Brazil in the summer he done really well playing on the left and cutting in? Someone let me know if that's right. Even if he can play there, no chance of getting over Depay at the moment.

with youth players that play number 10 its better playing them in wide positions in early days as they have less traffic to go through and it gives them a chance to bulk up and improve as players

He was a #10 when he joined our academy but he has progressed well as a deeper midfielder. He was very good playing in deep lying role for U21s and it was bit surprising when he played on left wing for Brazil. Also it was very surprising to see his pace as at United he never got the chance to reach his full speed and he looked slow too.

I think for now he will play as winger as he has pace and trickery but his long term future would be as a CM. He is like Herrera with better passing range.

anyone know how ben pearson has been getting on since his injury last season is he still looking a promising all battling midfielder?

Aleksandr Kokorin's agent say we are interested in him. Surely not?

it doesnt matter what he might of added end of the day we have alot of promising youth that can play along the front 3 who deserve a chance we are manchester united not chelsea that casts our youth away regardless of if dey are ready to challenge in the 1st team

What youth has really left Chelsea and gone on to much of anything?

The 2 Belgium's Lukaku (at a push) and De Bruyne maybe but after that I'm struggling. Sturridge was 23 when we signed him so I wouldn't class him per se.

Honestly can't think of anyone young that's left, either after having gotten games or not; that you can say Chelsea weren't right in offloading as they weren't good enough. Shown in them going onto nothing much of anything after leaving.

Man you are all over the place. I remember very well I said Berahino would be good addition and you said we should be aiming lot higher and he is not the quality we should be looking (unless it was someone else and I don't remember it properly).

Btw, I agree with your point. Both would be good additions. Pace, power and can finish.

You sure that was me? I don't remember it.

Having said that, at the start of the window I wouldn't of considered him an option going for, my preference in terms of striker was always Benzema and Lewandowski. Then we signed Schweinsteiger practically ruling out the chance of Lewandowski.

Berahino isn't ideal, but at this stage of the window, I'd definitely take him as we're so lacking in striker position, it's better to have him who may be a hit or miss than no one. People forget how many games we'll actually have this season, depth is important. One injury to Rooney and we're literally screwed in my eyes for striker position, which isn't saying much because Rooney himself has been dreadful.

Wouldn't rule out Benzema yet btw.

As others have said.
I think our business is done and dusted, and as fans we should prepare for the season ahead with the current squad.

I'd personally like a striker and CB, but even if it's Blind and Smalling for the season, I'll still get behind them and trust the manager.

Edit: So many 'would of', 'should of' and 'could of's over the last page.
My stomach is churning.

What youth has really left Chelsea and gone on to much of anything?

The 2 Belgium's Lukaku (at a push) and De Bruyne maybe but after that I'm struggling. Sturridge was 23 when we signed him so I wouldn't class him per se.

Honestly can't think of anyone young that's left, either after having gotten games or not; that you can say Chelsea weren't right in offloading as they weren't good enough. Shown in them going onto nothing much of anything after leaving.

so your telling me no chelsea youth players deserve a chance in the first team john terry being the last player through the ranks to break through... when mourinho signed for chelsea his job as he stated was to bring the next generation through as in specifically youth i dont see that hapening anytime soon im not talking about de bruyne im talking about players like nathan ake/ruben loftus cheek and others

City nearing De Bruyne deal supposedly.

Woodward must of thought after the signings we had made that he'd be the talk of the summer. He has been overshadowed.

City nearing De Bruyne deal supposedly.

Woodward must of thought after the signings we had made that he'd be the talk of the summer. He has been overshadowed.

There is a big misconception about Woody that he likes all the limelight. There is a chelsea lad here who blames everything on woodward too and thinks he is muppet who thinks he can sign Mata.

Are you guys even know how it was under Gill? We missed many transfers and hardly signed big players. It was Fergie genius that won us titles.

Back