The Manchester United Thread

Would take Gotze for sure, won't get any better in remaining days of window.

But Bayern might be Bayern and refuse to sell to us again.

I doubt that if they have a value for him. Relations are good between the clubs. It was Muller they were referring to when they say no one understandably. You can't lose two fan favourites to the same club in one season.

I want Griezzmann more than anything, he's just asking to be a United player and I think he'd fit in very well!

Bild are saying Bayern would sell Gotze for 31m. Does LvG read Bild?

Not sure about that, Pep said he will stay this season and also he won't fit our team. He is not strong but plays good one twos to score goals. He won't get any passes back from our team. In PL, City and Arsenal are better fit for him.

Again loads of nonsense. Dutch league was already on decline in the late 90s and big players were gone. You posts stopped amazing me. Everyone knows you just spout **** and run away like a little girl, also everyone knows you post about somethings that you have absolutely no idea, like how you made to look like a little ***** in Chelsea thread when started posting about Jose without even reading what was written in the article.

Is that meant to be an insult?

Deluded theories. I said players were signed from smaller clubs and leagues and that's a fact. Delusion is you thinking you know something about the club.

How about you ******* off and choosing other club for the season. Like I said, trying to act cool but always end up looking like an idiot in all the threads.

Edit: Here's a tip. Only 1 club made it to the knock out rounds of CL from 1996-00 and that happened only once. So much for one of the biggest league. Anyways like I said I'm not even surprised.

Going back 1 more year, from 1995 only 1 club made it to the knock outs and that happened only twice. So 1995-00, only Ajax made it to the KOs and twice.

If ManUtd signed players like RVN and Stam, internet would be full of ignorants like you moaning about it.

Somebody didn't have their milk this morning.

On Pedro, Van Gaal said he would not discuss the deal, but said: “I think that when we wanted Pedro it was not any problem. So, because there was a (release) clause in his (Barcelona) contract and it was the most easy of transfers. So you can write what you want but we cannot say what we want. That’s the difference.”

Van Gaal added: “I have the responsibility of protecting the interests of the club, of my players. And I cannot say too much. And when you ask me ‘Pedro, is he fitting in the profile?’ I can say ‘ok’. I cannot lie. But I don’t say that I am interested in the player. That’s the difference that you bring – that I am interested. I answer the question and there’s a difference.
“People need to know that what is written in the papers is not true because you cannot know it. Only the players know, the clubs know and that’s it. And also Barcelona protect their interests. And I have read for example that Barcelona doesn’t want to let him go. Why? You have to ask Barcelona how it (the transfer) can happen then. It’s like that. And I have the idea that you want to separate Ed Woodward with me. Never. Never. Because from every day I am updated by him and I trust him.”
Van Gaal continued: “I don’t want to let (you) know my strategy with players because when I say something about a player you put it in another context. You have done that again. By admitting that Pedro fits in my profile. But I cannot deny that because he is fast and creative. Then you put it in another perspective and then you say ‘okay he is coming to Manchester United’. I never said that. I said you will have to ask Pedro.”

Manchester United transfer news: If we wanted Pedro we would have beaten Chelsea to signing, says Louis van Gaal - Telegraph

I want Griezzmann more than anything, he's just asking to be a United player and I think he'd fit in very well!
Me too. But we would have to pay a fortune. Couldn't have got him earlier because he would have been at Chelsea already. Brilliant player and love his attitude.

Not sure about that, Pep said he will stay this season and also he won't fit our team. He is not strong but plays good one twos to score goals. He won't get any passes back from our team. In PL, City and Arsenal are better fit for him.
He can carry on the counter. When he was at Dortmund he was closer to ribery. And I he could encourage that more in our side.

He can carry on the counter. When he was at Dortmund he was closer to ribery. And I he could encourage that more in our side.

My worry is he will be easily pushed off the ball but at Arsenal and City they move the ball so fast and it would suit him.

Also I don't think there is any truth in this story. Also Bild will report in Euros, so 31M euros would in mid 20M. Very good deal.

Yeah, the teenage troll i'm replying to who thinks he is cool didn't.

Your attempts at trash talk are about as sharp as an edge of a watermelon. Then again, I wouldn't expect anything else from a guy who thinks Jaap Stam, a world cup semi-finalist, was an unknown bargain found on a scrapyard through sheer power of Ferguson's genius.

The way some of yers all talk to each other in here .....

I only hope you have an on-screen persona and a different one in your real when you're conversing to folk there.

Your attempts at trash talk are about as sharp as an edge of a watermelon. Then again, I wouldn't expect anything else from a guy who thinks Jaap Stam, a world cup semi-finalist, was an unknown bargain found on a scrapyard through sheer power of Ferguson's genius.

This is exactly what I said. You have no idea what you even reply to.

I never said they were bargains, stam and RVN. I said signing from midtable teams and smaller leagues.

Carry on with your nonsense without even know what you are replying for.

I never said they were bargains, stam and RVN. I said signing from midtable teams and smaller leagues.

To be fair, doesn't every team do that... every year?

To be fair, doesn't every team do that... every year?

Yeah, every team does that and that post wasn't even praising Ferguson. It was how people react now when we are linked with players from smaller league and midtable when historically we have signed players mostly like them.

Players like Vidic, VDS, RVN, Stam, Solskjaer, Keane from smaller teams or from smaller leagues.

What is it with all of this ******** today, chill the **** out!!!! Who actually cares what stams reputation was before he joined United, all that matters is that he was quality and we let him go way too early. As for ferries transfer genius, yes he did sign some great players but he also made some shocking signings. Now go to your rooms children and don't come out till you can behave.

Can you imagine the scenes if we bought vidic and evra now?!

Imagine signing players like Great Dane, Solskjaer, Stam, RVN, Ronaldo, Irwin now. All from lower teams and smaller leagues.

Also imagine missing out on players like Shearer, Batigol, Zidane, Silva, Hazard, Robben, Essien today? Internet trolls would have killed internet and some ManUtd fans would have committed suicide.

Check your facts. Keane was one of the most expensive transfers ever done by a british club at the time, and Cantona wasn't that far off either.

Stam and RVN? Seriously? What is small league now, wasn't necessarily small in the 90s. Back then Dutch league was a lot bigger deal , top clubs had endless supply of world class talent, and everybody knew it. Stam was the most expensive defender transfer in history of football for a while.

As usual, any debate about Ferguson's transfer dealings is filled with much delusion about how the old git kept finding amazing deals in remote areas of Antarctica and buying them for box of nails.

So once again some troll who has no idea what was going on and just blabbered random things.

It was about people reaction when players from smaller league are signed and missing out on world class players, somehow this genius understood this as praising Fergie.

Well done.

No mate, what you said, is replying to post of Mike's that there would be "scenes" and widespread panic when signing Vidic or Evra, and you added Stam and RVN to Mike's list. Which pure and utter nonsense , because both of these two were worldwide known players, arriving with massive transfer fees and expectations (Stam - most expensive defender , and RVN was nearing british transfer record)

You're now trying to write your own post of context in which it happened, after it turned out you were talking rubbish.

I guess you just can't emotionally deal with the fact that I've been following this club for mere two years and already know more about it then you do.

Nice edit by the way, next time try thinking before you press "Save" and you won't have to rework your post into something completely different.

Last edited:
Vidic, Solskjaer and Evra sure, but RVN and Stam were all coming from the Champions of Holland, and top 1st/2nd team in the country at the time. They can hardly be lumped in with the unknown finds. They were well known accross Europe at the time even if the league was dropping past Spain/Germany in stature. VDS was vastly known everywhere.

Fergie was a master at it, but not with the Dutch lot for the most part. The twitterverse whould have moaned who? at the first 3, but i doubt it at the latter.

Back