The Manchester United Thread

No mate, what you said, is replying to post of Mike's that there would be "scenes" and widespread panic when signing Vidic or Evra, and you added Stam and RVN to Mike's list. Which pure and utter nonsense , because both of these two were worldwide known players, arriving with massive transfer fees and expectations (Stam - most expensive defender , and RVN was nearing british transfer record)

You're now trying to write your own post of context in which it happened, after it turned out you were talking rubbish.

I guess you just can't emotionally deal with the fact that I've been following this club for mere two years and already know more about it then you do.

Nice edit by the way, next time try thinking before you press "Save" and you won't have to rework your post into something completely different.

Yeah Stam was such a know player who played just 140 league games in Dutch league by the time he was 26. And RVN was 25 and still playing in Dutch league and scored less than 5 goals for Netherland at that point.

I don't know whether you are so dumb to understand or act like one.

I'l explain for one last tmie. If we pay big money for players who are playing in Dutch league even when they are 25, 26 people would have gone mad about it when historically we always signed players like that.

Oh nice last line. Delusion is very strong and I don't care.

Vidic, Solskjaer and Evra sure, but RVN and Stam were all coming from the Champions of Holland, and top 1st/2nd team in the country at the time. They can hardly be lumped in with the unknown finds. They were well known accross Europe at the time even if the league was dropping past Spain/Germany in stature. VDS was vastly known everywhere.

Fergie was a master at it, but not with the Dutch lot for the most part. The twitterverse whould have moaned who? at the first 3, but i doubt it at the latter.

VDS was 35 years old and was playing for Fulham. You don't think twitter world would have moaned about that transfer?

Re RVN and Stam, RVN wasn't even in their world cup 1998 squad and missed Euro 2000 because of injury. He was hardly world known player. Stam played like 20 times for Netherlands when ManUtd signed him and that was when he was 26 and he played only 140 league games in Dutch league. Hardly world known stars.

Yeah Stam was such a know player who played just 140 league games in Dutch league by the time he was 26.

Winning Dutch Footballer Of the Year and featuring in World Cup semis, yeah.

And RVN was 25 and still playing in Dutch league and scored less than 5 goals for Netherland at that point.

Dutch footballer of the year twice, Dutch league top scorer of the year twice, already full international in one of the strongest teams in the world. Yeah, who would have signed this guy.

I'l explain for one last tmie. If we pay big money for players who are playing in Dutch league even when they are 25, 26 people would have gone mad

You mean just how everybody is mad after you just paid big money for 21 year old Memphis from Dutch league?

Oh.

You have completely no idea what you are talking about, stop embarrassing yourself.

VDS was 35 years old and was playing for Fulham. You don't think twitter world would have moaned about that transfer?

Re RVN and Stam, RVN wasn't even in their world cup 1998 squad and missed Euro 2000 because of injury. He was hardly world known player. Stam played like 20 times for Netherlands when ManUtd signed him and that was when he was 26 and he played only 140 league games in Dutch league. Hardly world known stars.

I dont think they would have whinged as much, The dutch league was still one of the big 5 at the time.

RVN had just fired the champions to 62 goals in 67 games.

Stam was Captain and a double winner. They played at Newcastle and Barcelona in the Champions League that season as well. If you knew/watched your football. You knew them both.

VDS is weird one, maybe due to the age, but after the calamity Gks you were running through? **** knows..

FWIW, everyone I know hated it when you signed Van Nistelrooy. His growing reputation preceded him and it was only confirmed the Charity Shield in Cardiff his debut against us. We won the game but the signs of a top bracket forward were clear for all to see.

Stam I honestly can't remember the reaction.

I'l explain for one last tmie. If we pay big money for players who are playing in Dutch league even when they are 25, 26 people would have gone mad about it when historically we always signed players like that.

Blind at around 14 odd million?

My worry is he will be easily pushed off the ball but at Arsenal and City they move the ball so fast and it would suit him.

Also I don't think there is any truth in this story. Also Bild will report in Euros, so 31M euros would in mid 20M. Very good deal.
The 20 million fee makes the story BS, however he is sellable as he isn't first choice at Bayern. City are all in for De Bruyne and I can't see him playing more at Arsenal than Bayern.

The 20 million fee makes the story BS, however he is sellable as he isn't first choice at Bayern. City are all in for De Bruyne and I can't see him playing more at Arsenal than Bayern.
It's not 20, but just over 25m pounds. They paid 36m euros for him originally. So would be a 5 m euro loss

Winning Dutch Footballer Of the Year and featuring in World Cup semis, yeah.

Maxwell, Kezman also won it. I don't have to tell you who all played in finals and semi finals in last 2 world cups.

Dutch footballer of the year twice, Dutch league top scorer of the year twice, already full international in one of the strongest teams in the world. Yeah, who would have signed this guy.
Plenty of **** players scored loads of goals and when he joined ManUtd he wasn't key player of National team.

You mean just how everybody is mad after you just paid big money for 21 year old Memphis from Dutch league?

Again missing the point completely. No one is talking about signing youngsters, it's about signing 25-26 year old from Dutch league.
Oh.

You have completely no idea what you are talking about, stop embarrassing yourself.[/QUOTE]

You are just a tool who just twist whatever is said.

I dont think they would have whinged as much, The dutch league was still one of the big 5 at the time.

RVN had just fired the champions to 62 goals in 67 games.

Stam was Captain and a double winner. They played at Newcastle and Barcelona in the Champions League that season as well. If you knew/watched your football. You knew them both.

VDS is weird one, maybe due to the age, but after the calamity Gks you were running through? **** knows..

Let me put this straight, it's about signing unknown player. It's about signing 25-26 year old players from Dutch league for big money. Had it happened today everyone would have moaned about it.

Blind at around 14 odd million?

Tbh people moaned about that transfer, that he was signed only as we missed all our targets when the signing was late in the window.

I'm not saying he should sign for Arsenal or City, just saying he would suit both teams as both play fast tempo games that's where he really excels.

greizmann being a united fan would be an ideal signing thats the kind of players we used to sign players who wanted to play for manchester united not players who wanted just the highest pay check

Maxwell, Kezman also won it

Not in the 90s when Dutch league was still serious they didn't.

Plenty of **** players scored loads of goals

In Eredevise in the 90s ? Yeah, there were plenty of **** players there, who somehow kept scoring a lot of goals. Romario, Ronaldo, Bergkamp, Litmanen. None of which scored as much as RVN did.

and when he joined ManUtd he wasn't key player of National team.

Yeah, because prior to joining he was injured for a year.

You are just a tool who just twist whatever is said.

There's no twisting required mate. You're out of your depth and its blatantly obvious to everybody. Mentioning RVN and Stam wasn't even some huge mistake, but I figured I'd correct you for the sake of accuracy. You decided to make a big deal out of it and now you're resorting to verbal diarrhea out of desperation.

Should have quit while you were ahead.

In the 90s, Dutch teams we're serious contenders in Europe and many top players were there. One example are Van Gaal's Champions League winning Ajax team.

Not in the 90s when Dutch league was still serious they didn't.

Yeah before his some Nilis guy won it. Big deal. Also I already proved that Dutch league being strong as myth and wrong. Apart from Ajax none of the teams reached KOs since 1995.

In Eredevise in the 90s ? Yeah, there were plenty of **** players there, who somehow kept scoring a lot of goals. Romario, Ronaldo, Bergkamp, Litmanen. None of which scored as much as RVN did.

Clutch straw all that. Romario, Ronaldo, Bergkamp left Dutch league early and I told in late 90s and none of them played. When RVN started playing regularly all those players weren't playing

Yeah, because prior to joining he was injured for a year.

And left out of World cup 1998 squad.

There's no twisting required mate. You're out of your depth and its blatantly obvious to everybody. Mentioning RVN and Stam wasn't even some huge mistake, but I figured I'd correct you for the sake of accuracy. You decided to make a big deal out of it and now you're resorting to verbal diarrhea out of desperation.

All you have done is posting usual **** about giving credit to Fergie when it was not about him at all and about how fans would have reacted. Also correcting me? Yeah like posting usual **** without knowing anything.

Regarding insults, you started it and don't blame me now.

Should have quit while you were ahead.

Why would I when it's obvious you are clutching straws and just throwing random names to prove something, like how RVN outscored Romario, Ronaldo when both scored goals in 1 season that took RVN 5 seasons to match. And how when RVN started scoring for PSV, those 2 Brazilians weren't in Dutch league.

And you are the one to correct me. lol.

In the 90s, Dutch teams we're serious contenders in Europe and many top players were there. One example are Van Gaal's Champions League winning Ajax team.

In the early 90s and I mentioned it clearly in the late 90s when they weren't. Apart from Ajax none of the teams even reached KOs and Ajax reached only twice in 5 years.

If we signed them both this season how they were, but with the Eredivisie how it is now....

RVN. I wouldn't say I would freak out, nor would I be ecstatic. its a striker that isn't proven in anything but a lower par league, had a huge injury last season, and is 25 years old. The Injury would be my major concern. Also it would be £27million due to inflation. Big price to pay for someone who spend last season injured.

Jaap Stam. £17million (inflation) for a defender who just won the footballer of the year in Eredivisie. Again, Wouldn't freak our nor would I be ecstatic. I'd wait to see how well he does in a more demanding league.

So you're both wrong. Now stop fighting with your purses.

If we signed them both this season how they were, but with the Eredivisie how it is now....

RVN. I wouldn't say I would freak out, nor would I be ecstatic. its a striker that isn't proven in anything but a lower par league, had a huge injury last season, and is 25 years old. The Injury would be my major concern. Also it would be £27million due to inflation. Big price to pay for someone who spend last season injured.

Jaap Stam. £17million (inflation) for a defender who just won the footballer of the year in Eredivisie. Again, Wouldn't freak our nor would I be ecstatic. I'd wait to see how well he does in a more demanding league.

So you're both wrong. Now stop fighting with your purses.

Agreed. More level headed fans would see how it pan out and there are lunatics who will act as if it is end of the world.

Better example would be Finnbogason, he had similar season like RVN before he joined United or Alves before joining PL or Kezman before joining Chelsea. All had very similar record to RVN before joining United.

Back