The Manchester United Thread

If we signed them both this season how they were, but with the Eredivisie how it is now....

RVN. I wouldn't say I would freak out, nor would I be ecstatic. its a striker that isn't proven in anything but a lower par league, had a huge injury last season, and is 25 years old. The Injury would be my major concern. Also it would be £27million due to inflation. Big price to pay for someone who spend last season injured.

Jaap Stam. £17million (inflation) for a defender who just won the footballer of the year in Eredivisie. Again, Wouldn't freak our nor would I be ecstatic. I'd wait to see how well he does in a more demanding league.

So you're both wrong. Now stop fighting with your purses.

Instead of freaking out to peeing our pants we could have check their attributes in Championship Manager and good night. :D

The dutch league was stil considered one of the top 5 in Europe even if no team got out of the groups.

He was still at Heerveen in 97/98, 3 years before United even made a bid, **** knows why thats there. To be even considered for this squad he's have to get ahead of Bergkamp, Kluivert, Overmars, Hasslebaink.

When United bought him he was a proven goalscorer one of the best leagues in Europe. That had just been a successful breeding place for Romario, Bergkamp, Ronaldo, Kluivert etc.. RVN was immdiatley fav to be top scorer in the Prem before he even kick a ball.

The fans would have been fine. Dutch league sucks now they didnt complain about Depay. Ruud was 24. Depay 21. and the dutch league was regarded as higher quality back then.

majority of dutch players seem to settle well in the prem to be fair as well south americans seem to be a hit or miss

RVN was 25, Depay is 21. Like I said signing youngsters was never an issue.

He was 24 when he signed.

Id put it to an equivilent of United paying for Lacazette - lower standard league, decent goal scorer and prob have to pay slightly over the odds to get him. Fans wouldnt really complain that much. Then again this Man U fans, for every 1 you can get to talk normally too (like urself) - you get 5 more of angry boy :lol -

right off home cheers sunilk7, bk later

He was 24 when he signed.

Id put it to an equivilent of United paying for Lacazette - lower standard league, decent goal scorer and prob have to pay slightly over the odds to get him. Fans wouldnt really complain that much. Then again this Man U fans, for every 1 you can get to talk normally too (like urself) - you get 5 more of angry boy :lol -

right off home cheers sunilk7, bk later

Tbf French league is lot better than Dutch league and physically it's very strong too. I deleted that post before you replied though as I lost interest in this argument :P

It all started when someone twisted what I said and I had lot of free time in office today ;)

Tbf French league is lot better than Dutch league and physically it's very strong too. I deleted that post before you replied though as I lost interest in this argument :P

It all started when someone twisted what I said and I had lot of free time in office today ;)

Comparing the french league standard in reverance to how the dutch was then i meant..

but me too... but alas i must leave you for beer, guitar, PS4 and FM. :) Enjoy your w/e m8

Yeah before his some Nilis guy won it. Big deal.

Yeah, it only prompted Ferguson to blew out money for record transfer. Obviously not a big deal at all.

Clutch straw all that. Romario, Ronaldo, Bergkamp left Dutch league early and I told in late 90s and none of them played.

You said a lot of **** players were scoring lots in Eredivise, so I listed a few. If the names surprise you, its because you don't know **** all about Dutch league, but then we already knew that.

Regarding insults, you started it and don't blame me now.

That excuse might have worked for you in the kindergarten mate , there's post history here. But keeping digging yourself deeper

Why would I when it's obvious you are clutching straws and just throwing random names to prove something, like how RVN outscored Romario, Ronaldo when both scored goals in 1 season that took RVN 5 seasons to match.

I'm throwing random names of strikers, who were playing in the same club, in the same league, in the same decade, and got outscoured by RVN in their best seasons.

My grandma makes more sense then you when farting through a tube.

Moyes just won't stop! He's now come out and took a stab at Schweinsteiger saying he doesnt have the legs to go half a season in the premier league anymore.

He's come out and predicted a 6th place finish for United which is bollocks too, saying Van Gaal hasn't done anything more than he has for the club, amazing!

Yeah, it only prompted Ferguson to blew out money for record transfer. Obviously not a big deal at all.

That's not the point and the point was not even about whether RVN was a great player or not. Not surprised that you don't know what the initial point was though.

You said a lot of **** players were scoring lots in Eredivise, so I listed a few. If the names surprise you, its because you don't know **** all about Dutch league, but then we already knew that.

You are a ******* tool who doesn't know what he is talking about. I clearly said late 90s and none of those players played in last 90s when Manutd signed the Dutch players. Is it that hard to understand?

That excuse might have worked for you in the kindergarten mate , there's post history here. But keeping digging yourself deeper

Go and check your replies. And what I said was true though. You are clueless tool.

I'm throwing random names of strikers, who were playing in the same club, in the same league, in the same decade, and got outscoured by RVN in their best seasons.

And the argument was about the league in late 90s, it was in early 90s Romario and Ronaldo played. Got it?

My grandma makes more sense then you when farting through a tube.

You should stick your head up your grand ma **** then. It solves 2 problems. We don't have to read your clueless rambling and posts. Arguing about late 90s but post players who played in early 90s. Yeah you should stick talking to your grand ma ****. That would make 2 ******** talking to each other.

Last edited:
Moyes just won't stop! He's now come out and took a stab at Schweinsteiger saying he doesnt have the legs to go half a season in the premier league anymore.

He's come out and predicted a 6th place finish for United which is bollocks too, saying Van Gaal hasn't done anything more than he has for the club, amazing!

Any links?

I dont know if anyone has suggested this but what about Charlie Austin?

18 goals in a **** team.
Nothing wrong with that and I'd have him for £15m.

Just as I said Benteke will do well for Liverpool, I believe Austin would do well at United.

On another point...
You two kids are both starting to look a bit silly now, and I think you know it.
Just neither one of you want's to back down.

Somebody take the higher ground for the sake of the threads sanity :wub:

I dont know if anyone has suggested this but what about Charlie Austin? He is not that big name singing. He loves to score, hard working and English player for 15mil is not that bad. He could be very impressive in leading the line and Rooney behind him.

18 goals in a **** team.
Nothing wrong with that and I'd have him for £15m.

Just as I said Benteke will do well for Liverpool, I believe Austin would do well at United.

It might work or end up like Ricky Lambert deal but I wouldn't mind him at all. He knows to score goals and has done it at every level.

But we have Hernandez as Rooney's back up so if we sign any striker it won't be players like Austin though, which is shame as we are just ignoring some decent players.

Also I think this season we will see a lot of Fellaini as striker, not exactly as #9 but very advanced role.

That's not the point and the point was not even about whether RVN was a great player or not. Not surprised that you don't know what the initial point was though.

Your inital point? You mean the point that you tried to reword after you realized that it was bullshit, and I caught you before you managed to edit?

I clearly said late 90s and none of those players played in last 90s when Manutd signed the Dutch players.

No, you did not. This is the post I was responding to:

Quote Originally Posted by sunilvk7
Plenty of **** players scored loads of goal

Keep making **** up mate.

Go and check your replies. And what I said was true though. You are clueless tool.

I did check my replies and you insulted me first, then you lied about it, then I caught you lying, at which point you decided insulting me again is the best line of defense. Stay classy.

And the argument was about the league in late 90s, it was in early 90s Romario and Ronaldo played. Got it?

No, the argument was that RVN was worldwide known player, because that's what you become when you score more goals then Ronaldo and Romario while playing in the same club just a couple of years later. Got it?

You should stick your head up your grand ma **** then.

You know I might just do that, I would still find more meaningful content than in any of your posts.

Back