The Manchester United Thread

Of all players..... Neymar to chase. Almost as bad as Muller.

Unless Barcelona have an unexpected reason to sell there is very little chance of this happening.

Of all players..... Neymar to chase. Almost as bad as Muller.

Unless Barcelona have an unexpected reason to sell there is very little chance of this happening.
We aren't chasing him. It's been made up in Barcelona.

Can't believe anyone is giving this more than 3 seconds of thought...

Your inital point? You mean the point that you tried to reword after you realized that it was bullshit, and I caught you before you managed to edit?

No. Nice try after just blabbering all over the place.
No, you did not. This is the post I was responding to:

Quote Originally Posted by sunilvk7
Plenty of **** players scored loads of goal

This is exactly why I always say you are just a tool who don't even know what he is arguing about.
Here it is, at the very start when I was talking about Dutch league.
Again loads of nonsense. Dutch league was already on decline in the late 90s and big players were gone

At least learn to read before responding to anyone.

I did check my replies and you insulted me first, then you lied about it, then I caught you lying, at which point you decided insulting me again is the best line of defense. Stay classy.

Then you are checking in your grandma **** if you didn't find one.

No, the argument was that RVN was worldwide known player, because that's what you become when you score more goals then Ronaldo and Romario while playing in the same club just a couple of years later. Got it?

Keeping digging deeper. RVN scored in late 90s when the quality was even poor but nice try though, saying none of them outscored RVN when Romario played in 92-93 and Ronaldo as a 18 year old in 1995.
Machlas scored more than Ronaldo just 2 years later and 1 year before RVN, yeah he was world star to0,

This rewriting history is just embarrassing.

World star who made just 9 appearances for Netherlands, just 5 starts and only 1 goal. .

Guardian said:
Slowly he got better. In 1997, he won himself a transfer to Heerenveen, where he became a real striker. A year later Bobby Robson paid £4.7 million (much too much, people said) to bring him to PSV Eindhoven. It was there that either Robson's legendary tactical brilliance or some chemical reaction turned Van Nistelrooy into the player he is today - 31 league goals in his first year at PSV, and 27 in 22 games so far this season.
However, being the best player in the Dutch league is a bit like being the tallest pygmy in the tribe. 'Just how good is he?' was the question in the minds of the representatives of most of the biggest clubs in Europe who flew to Eindhoven 10 days ago to watch PSV against Ajax. Despite his hat-trick, Van Nistelrooy failed to settle the question. Afterwards he said he had not played particularly well.

BBC said:
Van Nistelrooy has scored only once for his country, in the 2-1 defeat against Morocco in April 1999, and has very much remained the number three in Rijkaard's thoughts to the key pairing of Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Kluivert.
Four of his nine appearances have been as a substitute. The remaining five have been when one of the favoured two was unavailable.
The 6ft 2in forward is not short of skill, has pace and a keen eye for gaps between goalkeeper and post.
However some commentators point to the fact that his scoring at PSV has relied on the presence of Belgian international partner Luc Nilis.

BBC headline in 2000:
Man Utd's mystery man
Manchester United have paid £18.5m for PSV Eindhoven striker Ruud van Nistelrooy, breaking the British transfer record.But who is the highly-rated Dutch striker?
Van Nistelrooy has had a dizzy rise to fame since moving from the then Dutch second division team Den Bosch to Heerenveen in 1997.

You know I might just do that, I would still find more meaningful content than in any of your posts.

Go ahead, like I said it would be 2 *** holes talking to each other.

When you post **** like this, then you better stick to talking to what I said.

Yes, the place would go bonkers. With joy, because Stam and RVN were key players signed from a top club of (back then) one of strongest leagues of the world. Nowadays it would be like signing key player from PSG or Juventus and you would all **** yourself.

Last edited:
Excited about match, hopefully we will see Schweinsteiger starting in place of Carrick.

Also our first team is lot young.

Average age of first 11 that started against Villa and Brugge - 25.36
Average age of 11 if De Gea and Bastian starts instead of Romero and Carrick - 24.72
Average age of our back 4 - 23.75

That's a very young team and hopefully play together for years (except De Gea)

did u not see the qualifier vs brugge not coming off his line quick enough when defenders really had it against them when they pased back and his positioning for the free kick deflection was atrocious like something off a school playground i hope im wrong about him but time will tell

His positioning was good...if you look at replays, the right side was covered by united players...did you expect him to save an OG?

That, and I'd rather follow curling league then watch a team with Neymar in it.

That's O.T.T, if the chance is there to have one of the top 5 players in the world, regardless of whether he's a **** on/ off the pitch, you take it!

Schweinstegier starting for the first time, still can't believe we have him in our team. Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Depay, Mata, Januzaj, Rooney should be good enough to beat Newcastle.

Schweinstegier starting for the first time, still can't believe we have him in our team. Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Depay, Mata, Januzaj, Rooney should be good enough to beat Newcastle.

Hopefully rooney actually scores...

Only thing united have to worry about really is the space that will be left by Luke Shaw.

Back