The Manchester United Thread

Ironic, but I'll say it, Pedro would of made a difference today. Utter stupidity not to want him by LVG, if he's saying the truth.

Unless we sign someone else (which I can't see) in remaining days of the window, this attack doesn't look title-winning to me. It's just missing an extra ingredient right now.

Ironic, but I'll say it, Pedro would of made a difference today. Utter stupidity not to want him by LVG, if he's saying the truth.

Unless we sign someone else (which I can't see) in remaining days of the window, this attack doesn't look title-winning to me. It's just missing an extra ingredient right now.

So we will be using this line everytime we drop points?

On the plus side, our defense looked solid again with Smalling leading them. Hunting in packs to win the ball was good to see but still early days. Mitrovic lost his marker easily once and that's the only time defense looked shaky.

Yeah, funny how unpredictable football is, isn't it? Rooney as striker combining with Deepay and supplied by Schweiny were supposed to be scoring hat tricks every game, to make up for defense which was supposed to be leaking goals.

Then it turns out attack can barely make a shot on goal, while defense allowed about 2 chances in 3 games now. :P

We just don't play good attacking creative football it's that simple. You'll see more exciting football in league 2 today.

Also for some reasons I'm not worried much about this result at all. This was one of those days where everything is cleared. When we played with higher tempo they were all messed up in defense and once the tempo dropped they got plenty of time to organize the defense.

On another day we would have won this game. I just hope Van Gaal drops few undroppable players.

Yeah, funny how unpredictable football is, isn't it? Rooney as striker combining with Deepay and supplied by Schweiny were supposed to be scoring hat tricks every game, to make up for defense which was supposed to be leaking goals.

Then it turns out attack can barely make a shot on goal, while defense allowed about 2 chances in 3 games now. :P

One thing that worries me about Depay is whether he's going to get quickly found out, with his love to cut inside on to that right foot. I'm sure he's not one-dimensional but that is definitely something he tried a lot today and it didn't have much success. The defenders knew what he wanted to do. There was a few (and it was only a few times) he took the option to go on the outside past the defender, to cross the ball into the box with his left foot, but they were pretty poor.

I'm not saying he's one-dimensional, just to reiterate, just something I'm thinking.

Dunno about that. I think 90% of us knew Rooney wouldn't do much for at least 5-10 games. And after he get in form and score 6 in 4 games, he will get injured and wont score for another 14 hours.

On the plus side, Fellaini will be back from now on, so at least there will be plan B available. If he had been on the pitch for those last 20 minutes he would definitely get on the end of one of those 100 crosses.

Top strikers deliver in the big moments though. Should of scored, lets not defend it.

Not defending anything. Just saying if your criteria for a top strikers is scoring in every important moment in their football lives, then there would be no top strikers.

Not defending anything. Just saying if your criteria for a top strikers is scoring in every important moment in their football lives, then there would be no top strikers.

I'm not basing it off that one moment, I've seen plenty of Chicharito before. He's a good player, but not a top player.

If Arsenal have any chance of getting Benzema, we should be in there as well.

Well LVG did say that Rooney doesn't have to score, as long as we win the game. Maybe that was a subtle hint he may be putting pressore on Rooney now? Could be clutching at straws.

I'm not basing it off that one moment, I've seen plenty of Chicharito before. He's a good player, but not a top player.

If Arsenal have any chance of getting Benzema, we should be in there as well.

He'd choose Arsenal over United.

I think Memphis needs to be as #10 tbh. All he does is cut inside, so might as well put him there anyway. Then Young can add width bombing down the left and it would have look differently. With Mata and Memphis always going inside they just end up running head straight int 10-man wall and **** all comes out of it.

With today's lineup there's too much reliance on full backs to provide width. Darmian and Shaw are certainly willing to go forward, as well as stamina to do it for 90 minutes and good ability to recover. But their final passes are lacking badly.

lol, Vardy looks so much better than Rooney. It's very **** position to be in. Rooney looks like our Gerrard, can't drop because he is captain and with him it looks like playing with 10 men against 12.

Harry Kane looks like Rooney in disguise, if any team spend 30Million on him they deserve all the **** they get.

I love it how since United didn't score, it's because you didn't have Pedro. Fact is, the players there were more than good enough to win the game. Rooney didn't do much wrong and had to come deep because he didn't get many chances. Should his goal have been onside, we would have all have been praising him.

I wouldn't praise him for a goal, his performances haven't been good enough. It's not about just goals for me as a striker, it's his movement, first touch etc.

I wouldn't praise him for a goal, his performances haven't been good enough. It's not about just goals for me as a striker, it's his movement, first touch etc.
To be honest, he was worse in his 3 games before this. There's not much to criticise today imo. He'll get back into form eventually.

To be honest, he was worse in his 3 games before this. There's not much to criticise today imo. He'll get back into form eventually.

He hasn't scored in about 13 hours, so this eventually needs to come quick.

Yeah this has nothing to do with pedro. We had 4 gilt edge chances from all the front 4. It happens. We actually played very well. Just not our day today. Not every game is some damning testament zzeezzy. Sometimes it's just not your day.

Back