The Manchester United Thread

Yeah this has nothing to do with pedro. We had 4 gilt edge chances from all the front 4. It happens. We actually played very well. Just not our day today. Not every game is some damning testament zzeezzy. Sometimes it's just not your day.

How does it have nothing to do with Pedro? Sorry if I'm missing something here but as you say we didn't take the chances we did have, maybe he would of in a game like this? He's a clinical player and sure would of been useful in this game.

How does it have nothing to do with Pedro? Sorry if I'm missing something here but as you say we didn't take the chances we did have, maybe he would of in a game like this? He's a clinical player and sure would of been useful in this game.
So are juan mata, depay and Hernandez. On another day they finish their chances. It's not like these were chances only pedro could finish. So it's utterly irrelevant.

He hasn't scored in about 13 hours, so this eventually needs to come quick.

I thought he was okay this game tbh. Still not up to the standard you would expect from him, but he was okay.

I thought he was okay this game tbh. Still not up to the standard you would expect from him, but he was okay.
He was ok. And should have had a goal. Our creation was actually very good. Which was an issue for the last year or so. This is the minimum we need to play like. Obviously we must convert too

It has nothing to do with Pedro because Pedro is at Chelsea not Man Utd.

It has nothing to do with Pedro because Pedro is at Chelsea not Man Utd.

Our attack wasn't good enough to take the chances they did have, Chicharito had a game-winning chance and blew it. Those kind of chances you have to take.

Our attack wasn't good enough to take the chances they did have, Chicharito had a game-winning chance and blew it. Those kind of chances you have to take.

Didn't realise Pedro had a 100% chance conversion rate. Surprised Barca let him go, could have taught Messi a thing or two.

Didn't realise Pedro had a 100% chance conversion rate. Surprised Barca let him go, could have taught Messi a thing or two.

Big moments though, these things add up at the end of the season. Difference between having a good striker and a top striker. (No I'm not saying Pedro is a striker).

Everyone knows we actually needed a striker this window, so it's no big surprise if it comes back to bite us in the ***.

He isn't world class. I would just say a good player. He isn't very good at taking people on, nor is he very creative. He can finish in the 6 yard box and that's it. Mata, Rooney, Depay and Hernandez are all better finishers than Pedro.

Leicester showing us how to play the game, they play with so much pace and it's good to watch. Also Mahrez looks like a talent.

Big moments though, these things add up at the end of the season. Difference between having a good striker and a top striker. (No I'm not saying Pedro is a striker).

Everyone knows we actually needed a striker this window, so it's no big surprise if it comes back to bite us in the ***.

Rooney is a top striker and finisher. He's got nothing to prove in front of goal. He just needs to get that one goal and get back into form.

Sure, okay. Let's bring in another striker. He will totally score every chance he gets right? Totally happens with every team that brings in a striker right?

Rooney is a top striker and finisher. He's got nothing to prove in front of goal. He just needs to get that one goal and get back into form.

Hasn't been for a long time, even if he once was that was a long time ago. The constant positional changes probably haven't helped him but honestly, he's more of a no.10 to me than anything now. Doesn't seem to have the striker instinct, his positioning is all over the place majority of the time.

He was unlucky with the offside goal today though.

Sure, okay. Let's bring in another striker. He will totally score every chance he gets right? Totally happens with every team that brings in a striker right?

I'm not saying they take every chance, don't be silly, I'm saying top strikers do win you games though. Right now Rooney looks more like a player who will cost us games, let alone win them, with his contribution.

I'm actually curious do you genuinely believe we have enough fire-power to win the title this season? Do we not need another striker all of a sudden?

I'm not saying they take every chance, don't be silly, I'm saying top strikers do win you games though. Right now Rooney looks more like a player who will cost us games, let alone win them, with his contribution.

I'm actually curious do you genuinely believe we have enough fire-power to win the title this season? Do we not need another striker all of a sudden?

Rooney is having a rough patch. One goal and he'll be fine.

We haven't needed a striker all summer. We need a winger who can create things.

I don't think that Falcao, Van Persie and Rooney could become **** within a season by coincidence. This is the first time he's playing regularly as striker for two seasons. If Van Gaal is happy with him upfront, he's clearly good enough. He just needs a goal to get him going.

Rooney has hardly had any chances in his first 3 games. It's not like he's been bottling it in front of goal.

I guess we'll see, but his 'rough patch has gone on for too long. No one should be immune from being replaceable and maybe it will even get some spark back into his game if he had some pressure that he was on the bench. I'm not Chicharito's biggest fan but I liked more of what I seen of him offering to this system than Rooney.

Tbh I'd be happy if we got either a striker or a winger in this window, but I can't see either sadly. Which I do think will effect our chances this season. Time shall tell I guess.

I guess we'll see, but his 'rough patch has gone on for too long. No one should be immune from being replaceable and maybe it will even get some spark back into his game if he had some pressure that he was on the bench. I'm not Chicharito's biggest fan but I liked more of what I seen of him offering to this system than Rooney.

Tbh I'd be happy if we got either a striker or a winger in this window, but I can't see either sadly. Which I do think will effect our chances this season. Time shall tell I guess.

Is 3 games too long? The end of lasts season doesn't really count imo because he playef in central midfield.

i agree with all uve said except romero he looks awful not confident at all with him in goal would prefer sam johnstone in goal over him

Do you remember how De Gea was at the start ? Give him time to grow in confidence I reckon he will be a class act, Would like to see Butland there one day!

Back