The Manchester United Thread

Not Di Maria that we need to replace, we need to find the goals and quality of 2013 RVP.

Which is exactly what having top-form Di Maria type of player would provide?

The strikers are fine, its the midfield that needs that one final touch to be truly effective.

Only Bastian was out of the blue on those. The rest you were linked with for a good few weeks, months in Depays case.

Not really. They were linked except Darmian but no one had a clue when the deal was finalised. Bild were the first to broke the news about Schweinsteiger in the evening and next day he was in for Medical. English media had no clue.

Schneiderlin, no paper had a clue that fee was agreed. He followed Schweinsteiger for medical and it was out of blue.

Depay was set to PSG and in just 1 day deal was finalized. PSG journo was the first to break this transfer.

Darmian same, out of nowhere Di Marzio started tweeting about transfer fee as good as agreed.

For all the transfers, English media had no clue about the transfers. One of the reason why Ogden is so bitter about the club now.

Need to start Hernandez with Fellaini behind next game with Memphis and Januzaj on the wings whipping crosses in. They did more together in 10 minutes against Brugges then Rooney has in 4 games. And possibly start Herrera with one of Carrick/Schweinsteiger/Schneiderlin.

Not really. They were linked except Darmian but no one had a clue when the deal was finalised. Bild were the first to broke the news about Schweinsteiger in the evening and next day he was in for Medical. English media had no clue.

Schneiderlin, no paper had a clue that fee was agreed. He followed Schweinsteiger for medical and it was out of blue.

Depay was set to PSG and in just 1 day deal was finalized. PSG journo was the first to break this transfer.

Darmian same, out of nowhere Di Marzio started tweeting about transfer fee as good as agreed.

For all the transfers, English media had no clue about the transfers. One of the reason why Ogden is so bitter about the club now.

Must be just me that reads the world press then...

Must be just me that reads the world press then...

Yeah the english press were woefully behind on on our dealings

Ogden is particularly bitter about Herrera. 24 hours after he said no deal was happening, Herrera was at the club.

Be very interesting to see the development of Benzema this week, Arsenal surely aren't going to do bugga all this window?

Be very interesting to see the development of Benzema this week, Arsenal surely aren't going to do bugga all this window?

Hard to sell Benzema when Reus isn't coming and neither is De Gea

So Ogden just tried to say Mata wasn't on the same level as Coutinho. Didn't realise he was THAT bitter.

Hard to sell Benzema when Reus isn't coming and neither is De Gea

I was thinking to myself, I can't even remember the last time I thought Rooney was great, kinda scary considering he's our highest earner. Do you think he's just a shadow of what he once was, we're all expecting something that ultimately he won't be able to produce anymore?

As things currently stand, for us to have a chance of winning the title we need a player who gets around 20 goals.

I was thinking to myself, I can't even remember the last time I thought Rooney was great, kinda scary considering he's our highest earner. Do you think he's just a shadow of what he once was, we're all expecting something that ultimately he won't be able to produce anymore?

As things currently stand, for us to have a chance of winning the title we need a player who gets around 20 goals.

No he just needs a quicker tempo, and he needs to make more aggressive runs, too obsessed with the build up, partly because Mata is out wide and not behind him. You want the best from Rooney? stick Mata or Herrera behind him. That said he was very sharp first half, should have had a very decent goal. The slower we play more the he struggles.

No he just needs a quicker tempo, and he needs to make more aggressive runs, too obsessed with the build up, partly because Mata is out wide and not behind him. You want the best from Rooney? stick Mata or Herrera behind him. That said he was very sharp first half, should have had a very decent goal. The slower we play more the he struggles.

If he needs pace around him then our only option for the right is Januzaj, that's why I'd get another creative pacey winger in an ideal world.

The 'slow build up' style of football boils my ****.
Get the ball down and get into the f***ing box... If you get a sight on goal, have a bleedin bang for f**k sake.

Nobody want's to shoot these days.

If he needs pace around him then our only option for the right is Januzaj, that's why I'd get another creative pacey winger in an ideal world.

Yeah, thats why I like Gotze. Asking a lot of Januzaj, who has looked very good again, to do that for 45-50 games, if you move Mata central.

Back