The Manchester United Thread

P
Have you seen him play?

De Bruyne can play anywhere along the attacking band, and as a CM, defintely brings a lot we dont have.

Oh and as Tyton says, he is lethal from range.

Exactly why City want him to replace Toure.

Not really no but we already have plenty of these players who can play along the attacking band, who never really seem to cement a place. More than anything I think we need a winger to move Mata to no.10.

P

Not really no but we already have plenty of these players who can play along the attacking band, who never really seem to cement a place. More than anything I think we need a winger to move Mata to no.10.

Eh? you put him out on the right, job done. Even better if he plays at 10, he makes those runs behind Mata anyway, negating the need for Mata to be central.

Eh? you put him out on the right, job done. Even better if he plays at 10, he makes those runs behind Mata anyway, negating the need for Mata to be central.

He may have some pace but he's not rapid so will he really be that effective out-wide? He'd cut inside a lot I bet, just like Mata when he plays from the right drifts into the no.10 area a lot

He may have some pace but he's not rapid so will he really be that effective out-wide? He'd cut inside a lot I bet, just like Mata when he plays from the right drifts into the no.10 area a lot

You've not see him play. I have, a lot. Out wide is where he started and starred

He'd be fine. He is two footed to the extreme, so you can't just show him inside as he has an excellent delivery.

They play entirely different positions...

It would still affect Herrera though as well as Januzaj and Pereira, if De Bruyne comes in he would be a starter which moves Mata to no.10 and then there is players like Januzaj and Herrera who would have to try and find a spot in the team. Herrera can't even get in the team now as a no.10 over Januzaj, let alone Mata if he starts playing there once De Bruyne comes in.

I'd take him tbf but i would much prefer a proper number 9 or a better right winger.

Still not sure how we still lack quality/have holes in multiple positions after spending 200m or so.

It would still affect Herrera though as well as Januzaj and Pereira, if De Bruyne comes in he would be a starter which moves Mata to no.10 and then there is players like Januzaj and Herrera who would have to try and find a spot in the team. Herrera can't even get in the team now as a no.10 over Januzaj, let alone Mata if he starts playing there once De Bruyne comes in.

You're actually mental. You've been complaining that we havent replaced Di Maria, and we now may chase one of the few players who could do that and now you're complaining how if effects others.

I'd take him tbf but i would much prefer a proper number 9 or a better right winger.

Still not sure how we still lack quality/have holes in multiple positions after spending 200m or so.

Because we have sold Di Maria, RvP, Falcao, Nani and not really replaced them with anyone other than Depay.

De Bruyne or Gotze would bring that zip and tempo, ditto Felipe Anderson.

Because we have sold Di Maria, RvP, Falcao, Nani and not really replaced them with anyone other than Depay.

Nani wasnt here. Falcao never actually gave us anything. and RVP was on his way out. Only De Maria needs replacing, which you are now moaning about replacing with someone like KBD

Nani wasnt here. Falcao never actually gave us anything. and RVP was on his way out. Only De Maria needs replacing, which you are now moaning about replacing with someone like KBD

Still think RVP kinda needs replacing or someone who can come close to his 2013 goal tally which we lost when he decided to get injured/not give a **** and no one has took over that role since we last won the league.

I was just saying because he didn't know why we were lacking still in the attacking areas including striker, that's pretty much why. We have lost a lot of our players without replacing them (whether they offered a thing is irrelevant because they still need reinforcing with new players).

I really dont see how De Bruyne is replacing Di Maria, I'm not convinced he will offer much different in a wide position than the options we have now who could play there such as Mata, Januzaj and even Pereira.

Still think RVP kinda needs replacing or someone who can come close to his 2013 goal tally which we lost when he decided to get injured/not give a **** and no one has took over that role since we last won the league.

Yes, if you are talking about the league winning RVP then you are spot on. But bear in mind we didnt score goals from the flanks then, something where are getting better at (Mata for example) so less important but still something. Need 20 from Rooney this season i reckon...

I was just saying because he didn't know why we were lacking still in the attacking areas including striker, that's pretty much why. We have lost a lot of our players without replacing them (whether they offered a thing is irrelevant because they still not reinforcing with new players).

I really dont see how De Bruyne is replacing Di Maria, I'm not convinced he will offer much different in a wide position than the options we have now who could play there such as Mata, Januzaj and even Pereira.

You haven't watched him as you admit, so your argument quite frankly holds little merit. If you havent seen how he plays, how can you make any judgement?

The bold is entirely relevant, because if they are not offering anything then you never lost anything.

If you sell a player who gave you nothing then all you have done is trim your squad,

Yes, if you are talking about the league winning RVP then you are spot on. But bear in mind we didnt score goals from the flanks then, something where are getting better at (Mata for example) so less important but still something. Need 20 from Rooney this season i reckon...

If Rooney provides it then that's good enough but i can't see that happening, whether it's the tactics or him.

Back