The Manchester United Thread

The guardian have got a lot wrong on what we do recently.

Every single paper has been behind on our business for the last 12 months, Both got it completely wrong on herrera.

I think even United were behind on the Herrera deal

I think even United were behind on the Herrera deal

Yep, half the club didnt even know it was happening till it happened. When the club gets it together it can enact deals at staggering speed, annoyingly it doesnt happen often enough

Yep, half the club didnt even know it was happening till it happened. When the club gets it together it can enact deals at staggering speed, annoyingly it doesnt happen often enough

Why do that when you can wait until deadline day? That's where the fun happens

Did i see right that the deadline is 6pm here? I thought it was always 11pm or midnight depending on the window.

Why do that when you can wait until deadline day? That's where the fun happens

Some guy on Reddit had a great idea: make the deadline day randomized, and announce the closing date only 48h prior. Call it the Chaos Factor and have a 24h coverage on Sky.

It would be glorious.

Some guy on Reddit had a great idea: make the deadline day randomized, and announce the closing date only 48h prior. Call it the Chaos Factor and have a 24h coverage on Sky.

It would be glorious.
I'm expecting Ed Woodard and Ivan Gazidis to spread some big wonga by deadline day!

Its alarming when you see all the points together

THIS FROM FOOTY 365

Louis van Gaal and the striker issue

"I have a lot of options. I have chosen Chicharito, because he is another type from Rooney, and we have also Fellaini, who is another type, then I have Wilson and Januzaj, so I don't think we need a striker" - Louis van Gaal.
Now just you look here, Louis. We watched you against Newcastle, remember.

Wayne Rooney is struggling, of that there is no doubt. He has now played 665 career matches having started at 16, and looks half-broken. Rooney seems incapable of leading Manchester United in one competition, let alone four.

Javier Hernandez has started more international matches (28) than domestic league games (23) since May 2012.

James Wilson has scored four career goals, and has played 17 competitive minutes for United since February 11.

Marouane Fellaini is a midfielder.

Of course it may merely be an elaborate ruse to distract from Manchester United's impending purchase of the striker they so desperately need, but I'm cynical on that front. The talk of Neymar, Thomas Muller and co. remains nothing more than fanciful PR bluster. Meanwhile, Pedro might not have been ideal, but would have represented significant improvement. Those still clinging to claims that United didn't want him are being one-eyed in the extreme.

This United season was meant to comprise of a serious title bid and an extended Champions League campaign. The next week will be mightily important in realising those not far-fetched ambitions

The only problem with that article is not anywhere in it is any quote from LVG saying we aren't interested in a striker on any other player. The only quotes used are him talking about Memphis. The rest is just speculation from the journo.
Yep, that's what I hate in such articles. Bullshitting around, without having single clue about football. Mirror is the twin brother of this bullshit tsunami. It's all about views, shares, comments.

You've got one useless lump up front.

Why would you want another? :P

Because:

1. Last round he scored his 106th and 107th career goals, having only turned 22 in May.
Yes he scored plenty of times in the weaker Belgian league, but since moving to West Brom on loan in August 2012, Lukaku has scored 44 goals in 106 Premier League games.

2. In that time Wayne Rooney has scored 41. Rooney may have been deployed in a central midfield role for some of that spell, but he's also not been playing for mid-table clubs.

3. He is powerful and athletic (see his first goal against Southampton as one of many examples) and also technically superb (see his involvement and not just end product in his second Southampton goal as one of many examples).

3. One of Lukaku's biggest limitations at Everton has been a lack of support in the final third. He's too often been asked not just to score chances, but create them for himself. In a better team/squad such as UTD's that wont be the case

4. He is fit as a bull. Pochettino spoke of Harry Kane's fatigue after a long season and short pre-season. Kane is only two months younger than Lukaku, and was equally relied upon last season to lead his club's forward line in four competitions.

Yet Lukaku is rarely given a rest. Since the beginning of 2013 (and including friendlies), he has played 144 matches. By the time he turns 23, he will be closing in on 350 as a professional!

So he is young, prolific and with PL experience and doing his thing for a club who would see a top-six finish as cause for celebration.

If Lukaku was English, you 'd be hailing him as the best thing since sliced bread.

If Lukaku was English, you 'd be hailing him as the best thing since sliced bread.

He could be Scouse and playing for Liverpool and I wouldn't be hailing him anything of the sort, but regardless .....

[video=youtube;C6cxNR9ML8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k[/video]

I was just messing with yer over Rooney.

According to that German media journalist Jan Aage Fjortoft, he reckons that a very reliable German journalist is saying we are in for De Bruyne........ is it just me or would he solve very little for us? No.10 isn't he? Not much pace?

According to that German media journalist Jan Aage Fjortoft, he reckons that a very reliable German journalist is saying we are in for De Bruyne........ is it just me or would he solve very little for us? No.10 isn't he? Not much pace?

Number 10, CM, wide player, quick.

I didn't watch him much, but he's not exactly a sprinter, yeah.

That said, I thought we already agreed that #10 is a problem, not a wing. Mata's creative output on the right has been excellent in every game so far. The whole point of wanting a winger was so Mata can play as #10.

De Bruyne would certainly add a new dimension to attack with his longrange shooting ability, which is always nice to have vs. sides that defend deep. Plus it would stop him from going to City, who looked spectacular so far, and that's before adding Otamendi and potentially KDB.

Do we really need him? Is it another no.10 were trying to accommodate elsewhere? Square peg in round hole?

Have you seen him play?

De Bruyne can play anywhere along the attacking band, and as a CM, defintely brings a lot we dont have.

Oh and as Tyton says, he is lethal from range.

Exactly why City want him to replace Toure.

Back