The Manchester United Thread

We have Valenica who can offer proper width ;)

Our problems are much more than just 1 player in 1 position. It's the tempo we play with and that's awful and gives opposition team enough time to organize.

Problem is with Van Gaal and his rigid style.

We have Valenica who can offer proper width ;)

Valencia? Been playing out of form (alright, out of position too) in the last two or three seasons? Definitely not.

I believe it's not about who else will we sign in this window; it's about team cohesion, what we definitely lack so far.

And yeah, I know team cohesion is not a #9 or a wide, creative player or a world-class CB but definitely wouldn't cost 55M.

Last edited:
Our problems are much more than just 1 player in 1 position. It's the tempo we play with and that's awful and gives opposition team enough time to organize.

I was disappointed with his inflexibility against Newcastle, once they had changed after the first 20 minutes he didn't have any answer. It was clear Januzaj and Mata should of switched positions to offer some natural width at that point. Herrera should of came on for Schweinsteiger not ****** Carrick I think it was.

One player isn't the entire solution but it would help a lot if we had someone who could play on the right who would be a real tool to have who can go down on the outside and offer some real pace and width. Put Mata in no.10 in games as an alternative option when we need some real pace and someone to cross balls in/beat a defender on the outside like against Newcastle when they were defending deep.

Plus Mata doesn't help at all when counter-attacking, can remember times he got the ball and slowed the attack totally down. I'm not blaming him for everything but he doesn't have the pace to be useful out-wide and take on a defender when it's needed out-wide when we're playing against a deep defending block.

Last edited:

His bayern side weren't as boring or as dull were they?

His bayern side weren't as boring or as dull were they?

No. Not even close. In fact Van Gaal is known for his attacking game and his team always scores more goals. Only with United his game sucks.

For me, De Bruyne is the closest replacement you could find for Di Maria, which makes your worrying about replacing DM with KDB baffling Zzeezzy haha

I swear di maria is a direct player whilst de bruyne is a creative attacking mid?.

What do you class as direct?

Im not saying di maria isnt creative but his smain game is centred around picking up the ball and running at players. Whilst de bruyne is more focused on making things happen i guess is one way you could put it. I just thought it was weird comparing to diff style players.

Im not saying di maria isnt creative but his smain game is centred around picking up the ball and running at players. Whilst de bruyne is more focused on making things happen i guess is one way you could put it. I just thought it was weird comparing to diff style players.

From what I've seen they are similar kinds of players really.

Both can play anywhere in the attacking mid areas R L Centre, both like to cut in when they're out wide. Both are good at dribbling and will take people on. Both have very good awareness for passing and creating chances, and are also great crossers of the ball.

It's a similar thing for what they're not great at, tackling, heading and coming back to defend (might be what they've been told to do in that regard though)

Admittedly I did only watch about 10 Wolfsburg games last season, and 1 pre season game - that was vs Bayern for the super cup I think. De Bruyne I think set up a goal too.

And I'm mainly counting Di Maria for Madrid tbf, he got played in so many positions for United lol.

I'm not saying they are the exact same, I kind of know what you're trying to say, but when I've seen De Bruyne in matches he does play direct.

Maybe Mike would be better to compare them than me as I'm sure he's watched both a lot more. (?)

When either get on the ball, I always expect them to make something happen :)

Valencia? Been playing out of form (alright, out of position too) in the last two or three seasons? Definitely not.

I believe it's not about who else will we sign in this window; it's about team cohesion, what we definitely lack so far.

And yeah, I know team cohesion is not a #9 or a wide, creative player or a world-class CB but definitely wouldn't cost 55M.

I was kidding dude.

Number 10, CM, wide player, quick.

He could be exactly what we need - a quick creative midfielder at least theoretically.

From what I remember from when he was at Chelski he's a bit lightweight.

I'd say its more tactical than him. But asking him to play 50 games this season is crazy.

We better be ready to properly use Hernandez or Rooney will burn out long before the season ends.

I adore Hernandez but he doesnt fit in LVG's tactical set up. So Im not sure that "properly using him" will ever really occur.

We're not in for De Bruyne, as expected, just noise from media/agents to put pressure on City.

Looks like our business is done, some good signings no doubt, but not enough to win title this season in my opinion. Still some key positions that big question marks surround them.

We're not in for De Bruyne, as expected, just noise from media/agents to put pressure on City.

Looks like our business is done, some good signings no doubt, but not enough to win title this season in my opinion. Still some key positions that big question marks surround them.
No one knows who we are in for. And business isn't done. Doesn't mean it will happen though.

No one knows who we are in for. And business isn't done. Doesn't mean it will happen though.

Gonna' be an interesting last week right up until the deadline for a few clubs desperately trying to add.

Nice if your a selling club taking advantage of that desperation like. Been on the wrong end of that.

Still wouldn't be at all surprised to see Madrid back on the last day for De Gea.

Gonna' be an interesting last week right up until the deadline for a few clubs desperately trying to add.

Nice if your a selling club taking advantage of that desperation like. Been on the wrong end of that.

Still wouldn't be at all surprised to see Madrid back on the last day for De Gea.

It isn't nice for the selling club at all... They'll lose their keyplayer last minute which they started their pre-season and start of season with and their fans expecting him to stay. They'll get some cash but they will never be able to find any decent replacement. First because it's extremely hard for 'selling clubs' to find players at the same level and second because all clubs know they have money to spend. For the biggest clubs it's only about if the player is available. I mean come on, 35 million pounds for Stones?

It isn't nice for the selling club at all... They'll lose their keyplayer last minute which they started their pre-season and start of season with and their fans expecting him to stay. They'll get some cash but they will never be able to find any decent replacement. First because it's extremely hard for 'selling clubs' to find players at the same level and second because all clubs know they have money to spend. For the biggest clubs it's only about if the player is available. I mean come on, 35 million pounds for Stones?

Then don't sell.

But if you do, particularly if it's a bigger club, you rape them blind the nearer the deadline gets and the more desperate they are. The choice to sell or not to sell is still in your hands the majority of the time.

As for Stones, Everton have known this was inevitable for most of the window. A £ 32 million profit on a player that's been there 2 years? That's fantastic business. And they're deep into signing the dude from River so they'd planned for it. If they hadn't, more fool them.

Last edited:
Back