The Manchester United Thread

I'm more amused by the fact Mourinho complained other clubs were buying a title, only to lose his **** after two bad games and try to make most expensive domestic defender transfer happen.

I'm more amused by the fact Mourinho complained other clubs were buying a title, only to lose his **** after two bad games and try to make most expensive domestic defender transfer happen.

He's hardly losing his s**t, if anything he's frustrated by our lack of activity in the window. But tell me where he's complained about other clubs buying the title? His statement was more of a "hint" to the Chelsea board IMO.

"Basically you cannot say we have a lot of new players. We just made some adaptations in our squad to replace Didier and Petr, we have Falcao and Begovic. The squad is the same, other squads are not the same. They are buying some of the best players in the country. They are buying some of the best players in Europe. So other squads are very strong. So as people told me many, many times in the beginning of Mr Abramovich coming to Chelsea, Chelsea was buying the title. Now, all of them, they are buying the title, and it's up to us to be strong and to fight them and obviously try to win the title again, even without the big investments."

Apparently we're playing a behind closed doors friendly aganst Ajax on Thursday... this is very odd isn't it? Considering we play Swansea 3 days later?

Apparently we're playing a behind closed doors friendly aganst Ajax on Thursday... this is very odd isn't it? Considering we play Swansea 3 days later?

Not really, there is a big gap for the under 21s, fringe players will keep fitness in it.

Not really, there is a big gap for the under 21s, fringe players will keep fitness in it.

If the Under 21's are involved that's understandable, apparently Rojo will play for some match fitness as well which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Ridiculous the lack of games/ gap between fixtures since they started messing around with the reserve league all the way down to it's current U'21 guise.

I understand the logic behind it in promoting developing kids, but give me the old Central League format any day of the week.

Gonna' be an interesting last week right up until the deadline for a few clubs desperately trying to add.

Nice if your a selling club taking advantage of that desperation like. Been on the wrong end of that.

Still wouldn't be at all surprised to see Madrid back on the last day for De Gea.

It won't happen now. They should have made the proper move 3 weeks ago. United gain nothing now, and would have far too much face to lose. Short of a madrid player going the other way. which isnt happening either.

I thought Ajax is playing thursday in the Europa league...

So basically...we aren't getting a striker

Who's really available that would actually improve your squad? You've got big man in Fellaini, two solid poachers in Wilson/Chicha, and good all-rounder in Rooney. Tha'ts as versatile striker force as any.

Spending for the sake of spending is pointless.

So Van Gaal confirmed Fellaini will play as 9 and 10 this season. Hopefully I'm not the only one who likes this idea. He is a big nuisance in the box and creates space for attackers, he is also excellent target for crosses which we lack big time. Also his physical presence will be very useful.

Much better than him playing in midfield anyways.

Rooney to score two tonight I have a feeling!

A feeling of ****** hope because he's not got sod all points for my dream team yet!

Who's really available that would actually improve your squad? You've got big man in Fellaini, two solid poachers in Wilson/Chicha, and good all-rounder in Rooney. Tha'ts as versatile striker force as any.

Spending for the sake of spending is pointless.

Benzema...who is determined to stay at Madrid.

I'd get a wide player like Gotze in, personally.

Benzema...who is determined to stay at Madrid.

I'd get a wide player like Gotze in, personally.

Wide player like Gotze? He's a 10, playing him wide will have the same consequences as playing Mata wide. Lack of real pace and he'll constantly cut in from the wing giving us very little width on that side. Don't think that would make sense.

Wide player like Gotze? He's a 10, playing him wide will have the same consequences as playing Mata wide. Lack of real pace and he'll constantly cut in from the wing giving us very little width on that side. Don't think that would make sense.

He's not just a 10. Gotze plays wide on both flanks too. Without cutting inside all the time, and he is quicker than people think.

The only issue with Mata is that we don't play Herrera, who was excellent at exploiting that vacated space.

If we insist on lumping balls in from the wing, we might as well have somebody who can get on the end of them.

Not the only plan but it would make sense to add as many dimension as possible for the attack.

Given the lack of quality in the Brugge side the first leg, if Utd have any problems tonight it will be of their own making again. And the Belgium's recent European home record is misleading as they've played nobody.

Not much of anything to fear if the opposition is respected and a professional attitude shown. The third goal killed it like but I just didn't see any cutting edge quality regardless to worry you in the Brugge attack.

Be shocked if this isn't a straight forward evening.

You re making the same mistake most people make with Mourinho: taking everything he says as though he really means it - when most of the time its just deflection of attention away from his players and cultivation of siege mentality. SAF used to do it all the time but maybe a bit more tactfully than Mou.

Back