The Manchester United Thread

Great half! 2 fantastic goals. Very good first half from Periera deep again. And Fred looks a baller! So good feet especially in tight spaces under pressure. Very quick and good drive with the ball. Excellent passing so far. Luke Shaw has a good game against Bale also done well going the other way.

Mata link up play has been quality. Even Darmian has played well :O McTominey done well at CB! Players looked gassed again after 65 mins. Darmian reverted to his old self this second half. Tuanzebe on for Fred 68 mins. Goes in at CB McTominey pushes into CM.

Come on Jose makes some subs! Mata, Sanchez, Herrera completely out of gas now 75 mins gone! Isco, Asensio, Kroos, Nacho all coming on for Madrid.

Michell on for McTominey who is really struggling with cramp. Garner on for Mata after 82 mins. Mata not had the ball or hardly moved for about 10 mins.

2-1 FT :) tbh though last 25 mins we were out on our feet. But still had good shape and limited Madrid to not much. Periera motm again for me! Breaking up play protecting the back 4. Always ready to receive the ball under pressure. Then have the ability to get out of trouble. Lad has energy levels off the charts!

Last edited:

Jose says Lukaku has agreed to come back 3 days early from his holiday to help the squad. Rashford and Jones, Lingard are doing the same.

Jose Mourinho says he 'doesn't know' whether Martial will be back with the group when Man Utd get back to England.

Jose Mourinho: ". I know I can count on the players. Give everything for prestige of the club. Phenomenal outside the club. Lots of commercial, meet and greet, foundation."

Last edited:
No question but he takes that to a whole other level of constant B/S.

When Utd finally draw the line at the brands image being hit by him remains to be seen the more he descends into the madness he’s apparently going down again.

No question but he takes that to a whole other level of constant B/S.

When Utd finally draw the line at the brands image being hit by him remains to be seen the more he descends into the madness he’s apparently going down again.

If the brands image was being hit, he wouldn't be manager. It's pretty much the only thing Woodward cares about. "Brand" United is still a huge name making cash like no one's business.

Oh god lads, it was only a joke about a bus haha

I know but I'm just bored of the same old tropes being bandied about. He's happy again, and if he stays happy we will do very well this season, If not, Woodward is probably going to call Zidane. Bizarre how things can change so quickly

If the brands image was being hit, he wouldn't be manager. It's pretty much the only thing Woodward cares about. "Brand" United is still a huge name making cash like no one's business.

I wasn’t alluding to the money. That’s about the only thing not having the owners act.

More the constant laughing stock he has Utd viewed as under him most every time he opens his mouth. When it’s now delving into the base stupidity he said about the ICC, that has to start resonating in Florida.

Can't for the life of me see this 3 at the back formation working in PL, we don't have good enough CB's to play it well enough.

Decent performance by sounds of it against a Madrid team who are early in their preseason. Can't really take much of value from it but a bit more positivity from Mourinho after the game finally.

Sounds like Martial is off judging by Mourinho's comments, expected really but can't afford to lose him without a replacement.

Can't for the life of me see this 3 at the back formation working in PL, we don't have good enough CB's to play it well enough.

Decent performance by sounds of it against a Madrid team who are early in their preseason. Can't really take much of value from it but a bit more positivity from Mourinho after the game finally.

Sounds like Martial is off judging by Mourinho's comments, expected really but can't afford to lose him without a replacement.

He's struck a much happier tone. But he genuinely doesn't know if he will be there. Because at the end of the season he and the club wanted him to stay, but Martial and his entourage weren't sure. Which is understandable, except they weren't complaining about not playing at this point, it was about money. I think it's at this point Jose has lost it with Martial. That said, we aren't selling him to a UK team so, unless a club comes with a really good outside offer, I don't see him leaving. Juve have kinda closed the door with Ronaldo. Maybe PSG if mbappe leaves.

I can see it working tbh. Especially if Maguire arrives.

Last edited:

Dont know how much to believe the reports saying that United will fine him two weeks wages for not coming back fast enough.

Doubt it. He's not actually done anything wrong.
The only thing I found strange regarding Martial was that not even the press last knew anything. All she said was that she hadn’t heard from him.

As for Mourinho he’s defo been a lot happier last few days. Laughing and joking during the match last night. Involved in a game of 5 a side with some kids and coaches. Better in his interviews. And having a crack with the players on the tour vids.

Last edited:
Tosin Kehinde finally made his mind up. Joined CD Feirense in Portugal. 4 year deal.

Wonder what Ed said after running chasing Mourinho down the tunnel after last nights game :)

Last edited:

Ander Herrera defends Jose Mourinho and claims players share his frustration over Man Utd's US tour https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/31/ander-herrera-defends-jose-mourinho-claims-players-share-frustration/ …
10:42 PM - Jul 31, 2018

"We were beaten disappointingly by Liverpool. His attitude afterwards was very positive. He told us not to worry about it. He understands the situation we are in with players to come back into the squad.”

https://www.givemesport.com/1363777...er-united-players-after-41-defeat-v-liverpool

Back