The Manchester United Thread

From Di Marzio just- if we get that for Darmian I will be very happy!

The first name on their list is Matteo Darmian of Manchester United. Napoli has made a very strong push for him in the last few hours. The Red Devils are requesting an expensive paid loan of around 10 million euros with an must option to purchase of an additional 10 to 12 million. Napoli will try to meet these demands this day as Darmian is the first option.

Tosin Kehinde finally made his mind up. Joined CD Feirense in Portugal. 4 year deal.

Wonder what Ed said after running chasing Mourinho down the tunnel after last nights game :)

maybe he was saying sorry jose i have to cancel our meeting as i have a guy named zinedine to speak to!im jokin obviously

Martial back training tomorrow. After complications with the birth of his child. Baby is fine complication was for the mother he just tweeted. And thanked all the club and fans for there messages.

Sheesh, so it was actually troubled pregnancy and the mother had some complications after? What the ****, Jose.

Sheesh, so it was actually troubled pregnancy and the mother had some complications after? What the ****, Jose.
What did Jose do exactly? He was asked when he would be back and he said he didn’t know. But hey people will blame him for anything I guess. There is literally nothing to see here!

Yeah Jose has been a grumpy fit on tour but hasn’t said anything wrong in regards to Martial child birth.

No mate. You’ve got to defend the beaut for some bizarre reason. Nobody’s making anything up on him.

Any other walk of life he’d be in the **** for complaining that Martialdidn’t return to the States after his misses had the baby.

He was BANG out of order and there’s NO excuse for that.

SSN saying Maguire interest has been cooled due to price tag, we've turned to Mina for £30m.

I honestly can't blame us, Mina looked good in WC but that's literally all I'm going off.

Jose said he didn't know why he left at the time. And he didn't know when he was coming back. In fact, speaking to our footie lads, no one knew what was going on. That was jose's exasperation, not that he wanted him early, but that literally no one at the club even knew something was wrong.

SSN saying Maguire interest has been cooled due to price tag, we've turned to Mina for £30m.

I honestly can't blame us, Mina looked good in WC but that's literally all I'm going off.

You know that rumour has been pulled out of thin air right?

No mate. You’ve got to defend the beaut for some bizarre reason. Nobody’s making anything up on him.

Any other walk of life he’d be in the **** for complaining that Martialdidn’t return to the States after his misses had the baby.

He was BANG out of order and there’s NO excuse for that.
I agree. Maternity leave and all that. Don’t know how it works with regards to sports/ Footballers as I know 3 had babies and returned back to there clubs after 2/3 days.

Which seems crazy to me! I wouldn’t! There’s obviously been a miss communication somewhere though. As Mourinho said in his interview on MUTV that the baby was born and is healthy and beautiful and now he should come back to us.

Then a couple of days later asked again when he would return and Mourinho and Utds press officer couldn’t give an answer as they didn’t know. So either they were told to say that respecting Martials wishes about his wife’s problems during birth. Or he has not told them the club anything. All very strange anyways.

He said after the L’oool game Mike ‘He had the baby, and after the baby, beautiful baby full of health thank God. He should be here. And here’s not here.’

His whole attitude to Martial returning home has been one of reluctance and unhappiness.

I agree. Maternity leave and all that. Don’t know how it works with regards to sports/ Footballers as I know 3 had babies and returned back to there clubs after 2/3 days.

Which seems crazy to me! I wouldn’t! There’s obviously been a miss communication somewhere though. As Mourinho said in his interview on MUTV that the baby was born and is healthy and beautiful and now he should come back to us.

Then a couple of days later asked again when he would return and Mourinho and Utds press officer couldn’t give an answer as they didn’t know. So either they were told to say that respecting Martials wishes about his wife’s problems during birth. Or he has told them. All very strange anyways. Not sure either party is innocent tbh.

They didn't know. No one did. General consensus, which is now obviously wrong was that he had disappeared with his agent again.

He said after the L’oool game Mike ‘He had the baby, and after the baby, beautiful baby full of health thank God. He should be here. And here’s not here.’

His whole attitude to Martial returning home has been one of reluctance and unhappiness.

He didn't know about the complications, which were with his wife post natal. No one did. Literally as far as club knew, everything was fine. The media managers didn't know, and they know everything.

Then a couple of days later asked again when he would return and Mourinho and Utds press officer couldn’t give an answer as they didn’t know. So either they were told to say that respecting Martials wishes about his wife’s problems during birth. Or he has not told them the club anything. All very strange anyways.

It's not a fault thing. Martial isn't going to be thinking about the club. Or anything other than family. But the club don't know anything has gone wrong either. So no one is on the same page at a point when things are strained anyway

Converse that to Clyne leaving the States early, also missing the Utd game and not returning to the L’pool squad until Monday of this week and the French training camp.

‘We’ve exchanged messages and I’ve seen a picture. A little Clyney!’ Said Klopp. ‘The baby will keep him busy for a few days then he will start training again. All good.’

’There are more important things in life than football and a baby’s one of them.’

Same situation. Handled completely differently.

Mourinho was a complete *** and there’s no excuse for that with Martial here.

Converse that to Clyne leaving the States early, also missing the Utd game and not returning to the L’pool squad until Monday of this week and the French training camp.

‘We’ve exchanged messages and I’ve seen a picture. A little Clyney!’ Said Klopp. ‘The baby will keep him busy for a few days then he will start training again. All good.’

’There are more important things in life than football and a baby’s one of them.’

Same situation. Handled completely differently.

Mourinho was a complete *** and there’s no excuse for that with Martial here.

Well this isn't the same situation as Liverpool and has **** all to do with Liverpool. So not sure what the relevance is here.

The issue, if we call is that, isn't that he went home for a days for the birth and stayed longer, it's that no one at the club actually knew what was happening, or what had happened. As far as anyone knew, it was all good at the time. And Martial has much bigger priorities than telling the club. What's most important is that a) all is good and then after player and manager csn clear the air when he arrives

Last edited:
The revelence is two players leaving the States at the same time for the birth of their child.

And one manager caring about the person before the player and the other being his usual self centred self and being a **** toward his player. Regardless of knowing of any complications with the birth or not. That’s immaterial.

There’s no defence at all for Mourinho’s attitude here and anyone attempting to make one is being as big a **** as he’s been.

What did Jose do exactly?

Even with the most generous reading of Mourinho's comments, he still comes of like an absolute dinosaur. It's not 1985, men don't wait in the hospital corridors during childbirth, smoking cigarettes waiting for the big news, and paternity leave is a thing.

For a guy who's supposedly so media savvy, Mourinho sure manages to create an absolute PR clusterfuck out of every non-story.

Back