The Manchester United Thread

The revelence is two players leaving the States at the same time for the birth of their child.

And one manager caring about the person before the player and the other being his usual self centred self and being a **** toward his player. Regardless of knowing of any complications with the birth or not. That’s immaterial.

There’s no defence at all for Mourinho’s attitude here and anyone attempting to make one is being as big a **** as he’s been.

If having a different view, when knowing a **** of a lot more about the situation, makes me a ****, then frankly you can get ****** pal.

The fact is this - a number of managers faced similar situation recently, - Guardiola, Klopp and Southgate off the top of my head - and they've all managed to turn it into good publicity stunt for the club.

Mourinho not only created a media controversy out of it. It's also a kind of controversy that you really don't want to have 10 days before transfer window closes, when your potential targets are in the process of discussing with their wifes which club would be the best destination. Catching my drift here?

At best Jose is out of touch and doesn't know how to handle modern media anymore, and at worst he's a self-centered fuckstick.

I think Martial must of done something wrong, as much as we can jump the gun on Mourinho if the club is thinking of fining him then clearly there is something more to this. Maybe he didn't even mention that he might have to fly back at start of tour and just spilled it on them last minute? Who knows.

I think Martial must of done something wrong, as much as we can jump the gun on Mourinho if the club is thinking of fining him then clearly there is something more to this. Maybe he didn't even mention that he might have to fly back at start of tour and just spilled it on them last minute? Who knows.

He didn't notify the club, but given the circumstances, that's not really wrong. The only reason this has become an issue is because there's an already strained relationship. So both sides have thought the worst of each other, hence the talk about fining because they think he's ****** off with his agent when actually he's worrying about his wife. Basically they need to clear the air one way or another when he's back.

Should add, the club thought he'd jetted off with agent, because he's done so a couple of times already. But again, this is what happened when people don't talk, you get a complete **** show when one phone call solves everything. They absolutely need to hash it out sharpish, whether he's staying or going.

SSN saying Maguire interest has been cooled due to price tag, we've turned to Mina for £30m.

I honestly can't blame us, Mina looked good in WC but that's literally all I'm going off.
Watch Barca's last game of the season honestly one of the worst defensive performances iv'e ever seen. Mina is another one of these new age CB's who struggle with the basics. Dont be fooled by a couple of goals in the WC, he was carried by Davinson Sanchez and that says alot. Hope you sign him lol.

Watch Barca's last game of the season honestly one of the worst defensive performances iv'e ever seen. Mina is another one of these new age CB's who struggle with the basics. Dont be fooled by a couple of goals in the WC, he was carried by Davinson Sanchez and that says alot. Hope you sign him lol.

Well I wouldn't say he was carried by Sanchez when I watched them games he looked the more dominating of the two in terms of presence, especially aerially.

I'll take your word for Barca but he is clearly capable of performing at a good level, maybe he is very raw still but going off WC in my eyes, he looked the better of the two.

Plus Umtiti looked very shaky at start of his Barca career, when he wasn't getting a look in most of the time, now he starts playing consistently and the potential we saw is thriving at a great level.

Last edited:
The World Cup isn't a tournament to be judging players off mate. History has continuously told us this.

The World Cup isn't a tournament to be judging players off mate. History has continuously told us this.

I don't know why we didn't just go for Koulibally, him and Bailly would of been immense.

Mina isn't ideal, but I personally think there is a good player in there, for £30m in this market I'd take the gamble. We're going to recuperate that from Darmian and Rojo alone hopefully.

Both the same profile of CB though, aggressive & on the front foot. Potential car crash against certain sides.

We need a CB with composure, guile and the ability on the ball to complement Bailly's 'destroyer' approach. Vidic-Ferdinand type of balance. This was supposed to be Lindelof, but the fact that Jose is going for Alderweireld (who is essentially a better version of Lindelof) tells you he hasn't worked out like he would've hoped.

I don't know why we didn't just go for Koulibally, him and Bailly would of been immense.

Mina isn't ideal, but I personally think there is a good player in there, for £30m in this market I'd take the gamble. We're going to recuperate that from Darmian and Rojo alone hopefully.

Can united afford to take gambles?

Take your point Rhqq, I personally don't think we'll get anyone better than Lindelof at this stage if you're after that certain type of CB. I just simply have to ask the question why we should give Jose another £60m to blow on a similar type (more proven in PL) CB like Aldeweireld when he can't get the most out of the signings he has bought so far.

Take your point Rhqq, I personally don't think we'll get anyone better than Lindelof at this stage if you're after that certain type of CB. I just simply have to ask the question why we should give Jose another £60m to blow on a similar type (more proven in PL) CB like Aldeweireld when he can't get the most out of the signings he has bought so far.

I'd still take Maguire. But let's see what happens

Napoli want more for Koulibaly than what Pool paid for VVD. Big risk!

You’d be looking at WAY more than any £75 million for big Virge now so not that big of a risk.

Must be some player as no CH in England is.

But that’s why he cost what he did as to the topic at hand.

Back