The Manchester United Thread

Signed 2 players for the u18s today. Conor Stanley from Birmingham and Reece Devine from Man City. Both 17 one is a winger and one a LB.

u16s beat Rochdale mix of u18s and 16s today 7-1

Last edited:
Should go for a triple of Rose, Toby, Willian before next Thursday:)

If that happens then I shall post a selfie of me wearing a Liverpool shirt. That's right, because it's never going to happen! You know how expensive that would be?! About £60m per player, cheeky £180m spend in a week! :P

If that happens then I shall post a selfie of me wearing a Liverpool shirt. That's right, because it's never going to happen! You know how expensive that would be?! About £60m per player, cheeky £180m spend in a week! :P
Sounds good to me Z :P ship out Rojo 30m to Everton. Darmian 20m to Napoli. Job sorted ;)

Selfie? What's that? Please use normal language, this is a forum for old people.

Selfie? What's that? Please use normal language, this is a forum for old people.

yeah us older guys need a bit of help but you know what,im so glad i grew up in the 80s rather than today!didnt have all this transfer speculation every minute of the day either which is nice

Last edited:

Just one would be a start hey?

Utterly mad how Utd, Chelsea and Tottenham have gone into this pre-season with no planning at all ..... top players wanting to leave ..... no real business done leaving a mad scramble for players the last week ..... all who miss much of any pre-season ..... players just back this week from the later stages the WC which makes the lack of planning even more bizarre with the mad early start to the year .....

Recipe for getting left behind and the season being over before it’s even started the way things are now the PL.

Really strange.

yeah us older guys need a bit of help but you know what,im so glad i grew up in the 80s rather than today!didnt have all this transfer speculation every minute of the day either which is nice

How boss was it when the first you heard of a signing was when he was being paraded in front the press? With everyone happy with the squads they had. Sighs.

Just one would be a start hey?

Utterly mad how Utd, Chelsea and Tottenham have gone into this pre-season with no planning at all ..... top players wanting to leave ..... no real business done leaving a mad scramble for players the last week ..... all who miss much of any pre-season ..... players just back this week from the later stages the WC which makes the lack of planning even more bizarre with the mad early start to the year .....

Recipe for getting left behind and the season being over before it’s even started the way things are now the PL.

Really strange.
Lack of planning? We wanted an experienced GK to cover for injured Romero and who wouldn’t mind being 3rd choice when he does. We been working on the Fred deal in Jan and had it all hit done. Got him in straight away. And we have been scouting Dalot since Mourinho arrived as a potential replacement for Valencia. And moved for him when other clubs started sniffing around. Mourinho wants a CB and RW just happenstance be players at clubs that are hard to deal with. Still think he will get them.

What top players want to leave?

Think your over egging our so called disaster of an up and coming season tbh! Think we have more than enough to be challenging and being closest to City again.

Last edited:
Yup, lack of planning. From coming back late to being left scrambling around the last week of the window with the manager doing what he does best and narking to anyone that will listen that he hasn’t got the players he wanted. Despite the club giving him stupendous amounts of money his first 2 years and recouping little.

Martial happy then and not looking to get out?

And in reality Utd or nobody else was close to City last year. And you’ve done little to close that gap.

All three clubs are in a mess a week out of the new season.

Last edited:
Yup, lack of planning. From coming back late to being left scrambling around the last week of the season with the manager doing what he does best and narking to anyone that will listen that he hasn’t got the players he wanted. Despite the club giving him stupendous amounts of money his first 2 years and recouping little.

Martial happy then and not looking to get out?

All three clubs are in a mess a week out of the new season.
Most players are coming back from there hols early. Except from Pogba. Yeah I’m sure he would of wanted the 2 players in earlier **** happens he will have to deal with it. It’s his fault he wanted players from his list from clubs he knew would be hard to deal with. Martial good player no doubt but wouldn’t call him top class just yet! More than happy going into the first game and the upcoming season.

Bringing players back from their much needed break early after completely killing the clubs youth policy whilst on tour ..... Smacks of him being more desperate than usual his third season collapse.

There's been no lack of planning at all. Jose has know his 4 targets all summer. Which is why he has legitimate frustrations with the board.

I really wish people would do the research first

Lack of planning? We wanted an experienced GK to cover for injured Romero and who wouldn’t mind being 3rd choice when he does. We been working on the Fred deal in Jan and had it all hit done. Got him in straight away. And we have been scouting Dalot since Mourinho arrived as a potential replacement for Valencia. And moved for him when other clubs started sniffing around. Mourinho wants a CB and RW just happenstance be players at clubs that are hard to deal with. Still think he will get them.

What top players want to leave?

Think your over egging our so called disaster of an up and coming season tbh! Think we have more than enough to be challenging and being closest to City again.

It's Scouse, when has he not over egged anything?

Bringing players back from their much needed break early after completely killing the clubs youth policy whilst on tour ..... Smacks of him being more desperate than usual his third season collapse.
Killing the clubs youth policy lol. And we ain’t the only club that have players returning early.

How boss was it when the first you heard of a signing was when he was being paraded in front the press? With everyone happy with the squads they had. Sighs.

i know mate,most of my transfer info came from the ceefax club news where you had to ring a number to get told of whats going on(mostly ***** even then!)or match magazine of course.good times,could pick up my footy mag for a pound max!

Killing the clubs youth policy lol. And we ain’t the only club that have players returning early.

Killing the clubs youth policy, ******* lol. The 3rd keeper never plays, that's why El Gato has gone on loan and Grant has arrived. He needs to be playing week in and week out. Makes perfect sense

I really wish people would read posts instead of putting their own slant on them too Mike. As happens on a constant basis.

But yer know, we can’t have everything.

Last edited:
Back