The Manchester United Thread

Valencia isn’t really injury prone he’s being playing over 40 games a season in all comps which is good considering his age and the fact he has managed this problem for nearly 2 seasons now. But I agree he is terrible in th final 3rd. When Dalot is back he will slowly fade him out. Him and TFM will be good RB depth and quality if Dalot delivers his potential. We was screwed for a LB the moment Shaw made it blatantly obvious he wanted to fight for a place again and rebuff all offers to leave. Especially with him being in such a high wage ruling out even more suitors. CB will be fine once Toby comes in. Will be happy to see Rojo and Darmian out this window.

Yeh but my point is Valencia due to age is only going to detoriate here on out.. expect them games to get less and less now. Think Mourinho has said something similar in pre-season. Dalot and TFM there can probably be fine though to cover. I expecct Dalit to take over that position fairly soon anyway.

LB is something that we could of really addressed for me, Shaw might have a good season... but I just can't see him producing all season... as much as I'd like him to. I don't think Mourinho fully trusts him either, how many times he has came out to press and questioned him. It's good to see he wants to give it a go... but with just Young as backup I'm worried.

Mourinho said he wanted 2 signings before window shuts, one can only assume it was CB and LB. He'll hopefully get one at least.

Yeh but my point is Valencia due to age is only going to detoriate here on out.. expect them games to get less and less now. Think Mourinho has said something similar in pre-season. Dalot and TFM there can probably be fine though to cover. I expecct Dalit to take over that position fairly soon anyway.

LB is something that we could of really addressed for me, Shaw might have a good season... but I just can't see him producing all season... as much as I'd like him to. I don't think Mourinho fully trusts him either, how many times he has came out to press and questioned him. It's good to see he wants to give it a go... but with just Young as backup I'm worried.

Mourinho said he wanted 2 signings before window shuts, one can only assume it was CB and LB. He'll hopefully get one at least.
Think the 2 signings were CB and RW. The latter being dependent on matching our valuation for Martial. Or Bale and Willian being available which there not for different reasons. Looks like CB will be the final one.

Think the 2 signings were CB and RW. The latter being dependent on matching our valuation for Martial. Or Bale and Willian being available which there not for different reasons. Looks like CB will be the final one.

Easy to say now but Perisic last season would of been great. Mourinho just has to learn to play Sanchez RW and if Martial stays he can compete with Rashford for LW.

We're not far away from competing for title, which is the really annoying thing if we let some of these issues drag out another season.

Okay, if TFM is going out on loan, then surely the club has something planned for FB? Our two options are Valencia and Dalot (who is still recovering from an injury, and isn't used to the league) over there, right? Or is it decided that Darmian is staying? (which also doesn't fill me with too much confidence).

Sigh. I wish we still had Rafael. Despite some of his faults, atleast he gave it all, and provided something different on the right.

Darmian is staying... totally pointless... he said he wanted to leave... why we played hardball over him and didn't just let him go I don't know.

Rather of had TFM in the PL again this season and playing for us as cover for Valencia....... this kind of thing really annoys me. Keeping a player who openly wants to leave for the sake of a few million quid. Loaning out a player who should of been developing in first team as second choice.

Okay, if TFM is going out on loan, then surely the club has something planned for FB? Our two options are Valencia and Dalot (who is still recovering from an injury, and isn't used to the league) over there, right? Or is it decided that Darmian is staying? (which also doesn't fill me with too much confidence).

Sigh. I wish we still had Rafael. Despite some of his faults, atleast he gave it all, and provided something different on the right.
Valencia, Dalot, Young plus any of our CBs can play RB.

Valencia, Dalot, Young plus any of our CBs can play RB.

Why do we want CB's covering for RB? Calamity Jones? Smalling? Lindelof? Tuanzebe?? Bailly should only be CB this season.

It might be good for TFM but Darmian should not be here... he openly wants out.... there has been plenty of interest.... get rid.

Darmian is staying... totally pointless... he said he wanted to leave... why we played hardball over him and didn't just let him go I don't know.

Rather of had TFM in the PL again this season and playing for us as cover for Valencia....... this kind of thing really annoys me. Keeping a player who openly wants to leave for the sake of a few million quid. Loaning out a player who should of been developing in first team as second choice.
Who said Darmian is staying? There’s still Juve and Inter interested in him. Why would TFM stay and be 3rd choice RB most probably 4th?

Whose the top CM?
The Brazilian reserve player from the Ukrainian league?
So what if he comes from the Ukraine league. So did Fernandinho! And there is a reason City went for him and other clubs were interested. He will be a top addition!

So what if he comes from the Ukraine league. So did Fernandinho! And there is a reason City went for him and other clubs were interested. He will be a top addition!

anyone who has actually sen him play a few games or more will know what a good player he is

Who said Darmian is staying? There’s still Juve and Inter interested in him. Why would TFM stay and be 3rd choice RB most probably 4th?

TFM will never have a better chance than this... an ageing Valencia and injured 19 year old Dalot going into the season snd we have no idea whether he is primarily for LB/RB. He can play both but who knows at this point.

TFM will never have a better chance than this... an ageing Valencia and injured 19 year old Dalot going into the season snd we have no idea whether he is primarily for LB/RB. He can play both but who knows at this point.
Valencia is out for Leicester and that’s it he’s already back doing training. And Mourinho has said that Dalot will be RB. He will be back first game on Sept. Our fans sure seem to lose there **** about anything atm. The reaction to this on social media has been embarrassing!

Valencia is out for Leicester and that’s it he’s already back doing training. And Mourinho has said that Dalot will be RB. He will be back first game on Sept. Our fans sure seem to lose there **** about anything atm. The reaction to this on social media has been embarrassing!

Was a great chance for TFM to get minutes this season, who knows how Dalot will perform this season... despite Mourinho's comments raving about him we just don't know.

I'm not happy about it, especially if Darmian is staying over him.

Was a great chance for TFM to get minutes this season, who knows how Dalot will perform this season... despite Mourinho's comments raving about him we just don't know.

I'm not happy about it, especially if Darmian is staying over him.
What good mins would he get to help his development being 3rd choice? It’s just a waste when he can be playing week in week out in a top league in a team that loves playing youth.

What good mins would he get to help his development being 3rd choice? It’s just a waste when he can be playing week in week out in a top league in a team that loves playing youth.

It might turn out a good loan for him, but the point is that I can't see him having a better chance than this to break into first team at United. Just my opinion of course, it's obviously not to be, but wanted to see him at united this season.

It might turn out a good loan for him, but the point is that I can't see him having a better chance than this to break into first team at United. Just my opinion of course, it's obviously not to be, but wanted to see him at united this season.
Thinks it a great move. Been speaking to a few bundesligue watches and Hertha play a lot of youth and want a CB and RB. He just gonna waste a year sat here. When he returns next year we will likely be without Young, Darmian, Rojo, Shaw, Valencia, and hopefully one or both of Smalling and Jones. Perfect time for when the likes of TFM, Tuanzebe, RoShaun and Mitchell all come back to fill some spots.

Thinks it a great move. Been speaking to a few bundesligue watches and Hertha play a lot of youth and want a CB and RB. He just gonna waste a year sat here. When he returns next year we will likely be without Young, Darmian, Rojo, Shaw, Valencia, and hopefully one or both of Smalling and Jones. Perfect time for when the likes of TFM, Tuanzebe, RoShaun and Mitchell all come back to fill some spots.

Good to see your confident about our defence THIS season.... if you expect most of them gone by the end of it :P

Back