The Manchester United Thread

It might turn out a good loan for him, but the point is that I can't see him having a better chance than this to break into first team at United. Just my opinion of course, it's obviously not to be, but wanted to see him at united this season.

Tfm is the third choice right back. He needs regular football. Valencia and dalot are one and two

You're bonkers if you think Levy will sell key player to a direct rival 5 days before window closes and not make you pay kidney and a half.

99% of the time I would agree with you about Levy. But it's hurting Spurs own transfer dealings, and it's ******* off poch. Though the idea it's a formality is lollable

Good to see Greenwood, Chong, Gomes, Garner all still traveling with the squad to Germany despite more players back now.

I admire your positivity TOD but I can't help feel sometimes it's a tad OTT. If you've openly said that virtually 7 or 8 players should be gone come next season... that means you are not all confident about those selected players this season?

No one is saying our defence is terrible, infact it was pretty good last season. But I just really find it hard to see how we will win a league with Shaw/Young as LB. One of them can't stay fit for a season and the other is basically a right footed LB who is one of the most predictable players when going forward.

Never know I guess, City done it with Delph but lets be honest... he barely had to defend.

Last edited:
I admire your positivity TOD but I can't help feel sometimes it's a tad OTT. If you've openly said that virtually 7 or 8 players should be gone come next season... that means you are not all confident about those selected players this season?

No one is saying our defence is terrible, infact it was pretty good last season. But I just really find it hard to see how we will win a league with Shaw/Young as LB. One of them can't stay fit for a season and the other is basically a right footed LB who is one of the most predictable players when going forward.

Never know I guess, City done it with Delph but lets be honest... he barely had to defend.

It's not about left back, it's about the entire squad needing to play better than last season, bar a few players.

The simple fact is that the club and Jose are backing Shaw. It's truly make or break for him now.

The simple fact is that the club and Jose are backing Shaw. It's truly make or break for him now.

I'd have more confidence if we hadn't seen this all before, Shaw says how he is feeling great at start of season and really wants to succeed. Few months down the line he isn't to be seen and has little impact on the season.

regarding toby,multiple sources are reporting a deal will be done in next 48 hours.I dont belive half of what ive read but it would make sense fro both parties to come to an agreement.sure we are gonna over pay but a quality centre back is much needed.If baily and toby were to form a partnership there wouldnt be much better imo in PL​

I'd have more confidence if we hadn't seen this all before, Shaw says how he is feeling great at start of season and really wants to succeed. Few months down the line he isn't to be seen and has little impact on the season.

Yeah. But it's his last year now. So we'll have to see. We can't say he's not had a load of backing. As he admits himself

Bloated? Who do we have that's surplus?
Young, Shaw, Mitchell, Valencia, Dalot, TFM, Darmian, Bailly, Lindelöf, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Toby, Tuanzebe, Williams. Don’t you think that’s a lot of defenders. And let’s admit we all agree most should be moved on very soon. Not saying there all bad but s fair few need to be moved on either due to age, quality, injuries.

Young, Shaw, Mitchell, Valencia, Dalot, TFM, Darmian, Bailly, Lindelöf, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Toby, Tuanzebe, Williams. Don’t you think that’s a lot of defenders.

Calling some of them defenders is stretching it a bit ;)

Young, Shaw, Mitchell, Valencia, Dalot, TFM, Darmian, Bailly, Lindelöf, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Toby, Tuanzebe, Williams. Don’t you think that’s a lot of defenders. And let’s admit we all agree most should be moved on very soon. Not saying there all bad but s fair few need to be moved on either due to age, quality, injuries.

jones and darmian would me my choice to go first

You can count them off. Toby did not sign. Rest did nothing to claim backup place, let alone fight to be a starters.

So you're left with Young and Shaw as LB, Valencia and Dalot as RB and rest are CDs and there are 4 of them. Sure, we have Darmian as well. Thats enough of defenders, I agree. But if you sell one of them, you need to replace one of them.

City have Stones, Otamendi, Laporte and Kompany. Their backup centerbacks would probably walk into United squad as starters. That's the level you're competing against. So I don't know on what planet a bunch of youngsters who can't even make the bench under Mourinho are suddenly good enough to provide depth when necessary.

Back