The Manchester United Thread

Jamie Redknapp saying we should make Pogba captain... that's enough of SSN for today.

so now its toby,boateng,maguire and gimenez being linked!whoever next???

so now its toby,boateng,maguire and gimenez being linked!whoever next???

Don't forget Mina...... Gimenez is my favourite out of those but it will never happen without paying a kings ransom. Even then I doubt he'd leave.

I've still got a sneaky feeling we'll resort to Mina... would be underwhelming as ****.

Even if United pull off some miracle on the deadline day, it's crystal clear something is god **** ****** up with how you handle transfers. Woodward has failed Moyes, he has failed Van Gaal, things improved a bit under Mourinho, but nowhere near enough to compete for anything serious.

And worst of all you keep missing out some tremendous talent that's actually available on the market, year after year. How do you not get Kante, how do you not get Salah, how do you not get James, how do you not compete for Neymar, Aubameyang, Laporte, Mendy, and I could go on. You'd think richest club in the world by a mile would have to do better.

Is it Woodward or the manager and their targets I have to wonder? There is something wrong but not just Woodward.

LVG signed Shaw. Martial, Rojo, Darmian, Blind, Di Maria, Falcao etc..... how many of them did he get the best out of? One arguably two at best.

Now look at the same with Mourinho Matic, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Bailly, Lindelof, Lukaku - How many has Mourinho got the best out of so far? One arguably two at best.

Woodward deserves some blame, but he has got great players through the door for his managers (bar Moyes, even he got Mata) and they simply haven't got the best out of hardly any of their signings.

As much as I am disappointed with this window and don't think it's enough to compete for title so far. If Mourinho's targets are players like Willian, Aldeweireld, Maguire, Sandro, Savic - they are all mega money and Woodward must be asking himself if Mourinho justifies the outlay on even more players like that when he isn't getting the most out of the players he has now. Plus accepting that a lot of them signings are very hard to pull off. He can only go after what he is told at end of day by Mourinho.

Last edited:
Even if United pull off some miracle on the deadline day, it's crystal clear something is god **** ****** up with how you handle transfers. Woodward has failed Moyes, he has failed Van Gaal, things improved a bit under Mourinho, but nowhere near enough to compete for anything serious.

And worst of all you keep missing out some tremendous talent that's actually available on the market, year after year. How do you not get Kante, how do you not get Salah, how do you not get James, how do you not compete for Neymar, Aubameyang, Laporte, Mendy, and I could go on. You'd think richest club in the world by a mile would have to do better.

I don’t think Woodward has failed anyone. In fact, Mourinho has been backed more than any other manager in the EPL bar maybe Pep.

I don’t think Woodward has failed anyone. In fact, Mourinho has been backed more than any other manager in the EPL bar maybe Pep.

Hard to disagree really, unless you just focus on this summer so far. Take into account his whole tenure can only really compare Klopp and Pep's spending.

Klopp had one less summer window so not sure if you can compare it.

And if there was one thing LVG was supposed to be great at, it's squad building. Dude put out a foundation for two treble wining sides, for god's sake. In addition to his own CL winning side with Ajax which he literally built out of nothing and would have won CL back to back if 1996 Juventus wasn't doped like racing horses.

So you can't help but wonder how on earth the squad got all but cleaned out of his signings within like 18 months. And how many of the players he signed were really a first choice, or whether they were actually 5th or 6th or worse.

Last edited:
It's literally looking like Mina or bust at this point..... I can't see us signing anyone. Bayern want £50m for Boateng and his ridiculous wages. World record transfer for Maguire is a no go. Levy isn't budging on Alderweireld.

Very disappointing :/

Net spend has never been, or ever will be a proper way to judge transfers. It never has been in football finances. It's gross figures and wages to turnover ratios that matter the most.

Also forget the idea of Pogba being sold, it's nothing to do with faith in Woodward, but ego and perception

I wrote this elsewhere: [FONT=&quot]United spent 89 million to bring him back, he's a world class player, a world cup winner (and a key component of that win) and he's got huge global commercial reach. In a world where Coutinho went for 120m and we're talking 150m for Savic, Woodward could not countenance, or survive the backlash of anything other than a mega fee return. And then they would have to find another star to replace him. It simply won't happen. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Also forget the idea of Pogba being sold, it's nothing to do with faith in Woodward, but ego and perception

I wrote this elsewhere: United spent 89 million to bring him back, he's a world class player, a world cup winner (and a key component of that win) and he's got huge global commercial reach. In a world where Coutinho went for 120m and we're talking 150m for Savic, Woodward could not countenance, or survive the backlash of anything other than a mega fee return. And then they would have to find another star to replace him. It simply won't happen.

Never happening this summer, do you think we'll get anyone in before the deadline on Thursday more importantly? I'm really struggling to see, unless we buckle to Levy's demands for Aldeweireld, even that looks unlikely. Only other pointers are world record fee for Maguire (not happening) or £50m for Boateng (not happening).

Last edited:
Never happening this summer, do you think we'll get anyone in before the deadline on Thursday more importantly? I'm really struggling to see, unless we buckle to Levy's demands for Aldeweireld, even that looks unlikely. Only other pointers are world record fee for Maguire (not happening) or £50m for Boateng (not happening).
Yeah, we will buckle and do so. Order of likelyness: Boateng, Aldeweireld, Maguire. And it will go down to the wire. Spurs are awful to deal with

Cant see boateng moving him and the family ******* hated living here.

Isn't Poch and Levy the type of guys who would love a Smalling, Jones or Rojo? No, thought not. Who the **** would. :P

Isn't Poch and Levy the type of guys who would love a Smalling, Jones or Rojo? No, thought not. Who the **** would. :P

Arsenal. The ******* weirdos. Should have sold him back to Wenger

Back