The Manchester United Thread

Given the state of our CB's I wouldn't even care if we got 2 out of 3!

Even MEN are saying Leicester will sell Maguire for £75m, they are definitely playing games
Ideally buy Maguire ship Rojo to Everton. Buy Toby and Rose with Smalling and Shaw going the other way. Easy ;)

The annoying thing is we actually have a lot of players who we could use to sweeten these deals and we seemingly aren't using them.
Ok maybe Spurs wouldn't want any of our castoffs.

But surely Leicester would want one of Rojo, Smalling or Jones...... maybe it's just the absurd wages which is another issue in itself. We can't get rid of these buggars.

The annoying thing is we actually have a lot of players who we could use to sweeten these deals and we seemingly aren't using them.
Ok maybe Spurs wouldn't want any of our castoffs.

But surely Leicester would want one of Rojo, Smalling or Jones...... maybe it's just the absurd wages which is another issue in itself. We can't get rid of these buggars.

Were trying to cast off Rojo as it is.

Signing Boateng would be reminiscent of Schweinsteiger, the price Bayern want for an injury prone CB who rely's heavily on his athleticism is absurd. Yous lot already have numerous injury prone why add another one.

Signing Boateng would be reminiscent of Schweinsteiger, the price Bayern want for an injury prone CB who rely's heavily on his athleticism is absurd. Yous lot already have numerous injury prone why add another one.

We need another CB for numbers alone tbh, especially if Rojo is going.

Boateng isn't ideal by any stretch but in a window where you have Maguire valued at £75m and Aldeweireld being kept at Spurs, there's not much alternative.

Boateng isn't ideal by any stretch but in a window where you have Maguire valued at £75m and Aldeweireld being kept at Spurs, there's not much alternative.
I just don't see value in the Boateng deal, he has played less than 20 league games in the past 3 seasons alone due to injury that is a terrible injury record for a CB. I'd just pay the money for Maguire because as much as I don't rate him he still has room for improvement.

I just don't see value in the Boateng deal, he has played less than 20 league games in the past 3 seasons alone due to injury that is a terrible injury record for a CB. I'd just pay the money for Maguire because as much as I don't rate him he still has room for improvement.

Well the talk is at the moment that the Boateng move would be a loan deal... which makes much more sense.

All these central defender talk for 70+ million and Fergie bought Vidic for peanuts from Russian tundras... Hilarious from this perspective.

Baily, Lindeloff, Smalling, Jones. Darmian can put in a decent shift in a crisis. Why on earth would you need more? Buying for quality makes sense, but numbers are fine.

That’s why we want a loan with option to buy.

Baily, Lindeloff, Smalling, Jones. Darmian can put in a decent shift in a crisis. Why on earth would you need more? Buying for quality makes sense, but numbers are fine.

Darmian looks like he's going, Bailly/Jones/Smalling are walking sick notes and Lindelof is unproven in PL. He may have a good season but it's all unpredictable at this stage.

I honestly think we're not signing anyone, I get baulking at Maguire but really confused why we couldn\t get Aldeweireld over the line. I know Levy is Levy but even he knows that keeping him makes little sense considering next summer he's going for practically nothing.

Darmian looks like he's going, Bailly/Jones/Smalling are walking sick notes and Lindelof is unproven in PL. He may have a good season but it's all unpredictable at this stage.

I honestly think we're not signing anyone, I get baulking at Maguire but really confused why we couldn\t get Aldeweireld over the line. I know Levy is Levy but even he knows that keeping him makes little sense considering next summer he's going for practically nothing.
Don't they have the option of the extending his contract for a year but with a 25mil release clause. If so that is classic levy.

Don't they have the option of the extending his contract for a year but with a 25mil release clause. If so that is classic levy.

Even if that happens seems weird considering United would of offered £45-50m this summer.

Darmian is off.

So block Darmian's transfer or recall some youngster. How is it a good idea to add an injury prone Boateng on huge wages to cover for also injury prone Bailly/Jones/Smalling?

When I look at United's squad, the first thing that comes to mind is how the **** Jose spends $400 million on transfers and somehow you barely have any players who would get into Liverpool's first team. Pogba and De Gea, and the latter just barely over Allison. Maybe Sanchez on a good day but he doesn't have many of those lately.

Squad depth is the least of your worries, lack of quality is.

he needs to be our by the 9 or he wont play till jan

Feel like I've been living under a rock, I knew there was speculation & talk about this a few months ago, but I didn't actually know it went through? In a World Cup year of all years?

Feel like I've been living under a rock, I knew there was speculation & talk about this a few months ago, but I didn't actually know it went through? In a World Cup year of all years?

Yeah mate, you have about 28 hours until deadline.

Back