The Manchester United Thread

Why on earth did we give Rojo a new contract in March if we are now trying to shift him? Just remembered about that, seems ridiculous to me.

chelseas transfer stategy is a shambles,uniteds not much better.We will leave it at that.not good enough from both.

Considering the vast difference in resources, its a bit idiotic to compare Chelsea’s transfer strategy to United’s.

Leicester presser-

Jose Mourinho: "I am not confident. Market closes today. It is time for me to stop thinking about the market. I have to focus on the players I have and the next few matches."

Jose Mourinho says @ManUtd without 6 players for Leicester, inc Ander Herrera. Young, Pogba, Lingard + Fellaini returned to training on Mon: "Trained Mon, Tues, Wed, today. Not fit and ready but we have needs. Today I will speak with them to see how available they feel they are"

Jose Mourinho says @ManUtd 'ready' for new season. "From what I read + hear it is difficult to believe we finished 2nd. You (media) are capable of making people who finished 2nd look like they got relegated + people who finished below us look like serial winners."

Mourinho on tactics and season aims, "The target is the Leicester match. The tactics can be changed in Championship Manager at the press of a button but in real life you need time to work with your players."

Considering the vast difference in resources, its a bit idiotic to compare Chelsea’s transfer strategy to United’s.
'
your opinion bro,i was merely stating mine.no need to use the word idiotic

'
your opinion bro,i was merely stating mine.no need to use the word idiotic

It's also not about resources, but how they were used and Chelsea used them badly. Matic continues to be an excellent United player while Bakayoko is being shipped out on loan to Milan. Drinkwater was a complete pointless signing. They didn't spend well at all

My prediction same as last few seasons, we'll start with a few wins, get giddy and forget our squad problems. Few months in we'll lose points needlessly then realise that the deficiencies we have will cost us competing for title. I think we'll make top 4 but apart from that don't have any great ambition. Which is a shame really because a team like United should be set out to win title.

My prediction same as last few seasons, we'll start with a few wins, get giddy and forget our squad problems. Few months in we'll lose points needlessly then realise that the deficiencies we have will cost us competing for title. I think we'll make top 4 but apart from that don't have any great ambition. Which is a shame really because a team like United should be set out to win title.

We don't have squad problems really. We have squad utilisation problem. And that is down to the manager. Winning the title would be tough, but there is absolutely enough quality push all the way. It was poor performances and complacency against the new teams that killed us. 12 points dropped there alone.

Mourinho will either galvanise us and come very close to winning the league or it will be his last season I reckon. Don't expect a disaster like when he was at Chelsea but if we have a bad season or things go wrong, he won't be here start of next season.

Mourinho will either galvanise us and come very close to winning the league or it will be his last season I reckon. Don't expect a disaster like when he was at Chelsea but if we have a bad season or things go wrong, he won't be here start of next season.

Agree. I don't think it will be an average season.

Sky Sports are saying we're in for Godin as he has a 20m release clause because in last year of his contract. Lets be honest, it's total bollox though and if there was any chance of this happening, why would we of left it until now. Then again I suppose that's the burning question of our whole summer generally.

Sky Sports are saying we're in for Godin as he has a 20m release clause because in last year of his contract. Lets be honest, it's total bollox though and if there was any chance of this happening, why would we of left it until now. Then again I suppose that's the burning question of our whole summer generally.

He'd be a better option than Boateng. But he's 32. That said, he's a ******* machine.

Same. Would definitely take him. Proper leadership and world class

if theres just a tiny hope we could get him utd should be biting their hands off to get him at this stage.Boring myself sayin git but still have that feeling toby will arrive,probably confirmed after the deadline closes

And as for jose saying hes not confident about getting another signing,does anyone really believe he would tell th epress even if he knew something was close?of course he wouldnt

Why is there always an 'at the moment', can't it just be a flat no.

Back