The Manchester United Thread

So block Darmian's transfer or recall some youngster. How is it a good idea to add an injury prone Boateng on huge wages to cover for also injury prone Bailly/Jones/Smalling?

Darmian wants to go, we already have enough players who are in that position (who want to leave).

I get your point, it's all rather strange. Why we didn't strongly go after an LB / RW (if Jose persists using Sanchez as LW)...... for me these two positions are even more a priority than CB.

Such a shambles of a window honestly, not happy at all with it.

Of course United always paid fair value for every single player.

chelseas transfer stategy is a shambles,uniteds not much better.We will leave it at that.not good enough from both.

Even despite Chelsea's dismal window they've probably done better than us, got more out the door and with their new keeper/ Kovacic/ Jorginho.

We've signed Fred and a kid who has like 8 first team appearances for Porto main team. That's not me putting Dalot down but that deal would of been easy to do and Fred was worked on during the season.

Absolutely disgusting really, even Sanchez has come out and said we need to be signing players. Jose said we wanted two more and he was open about that. He's going to be more miserable and eager with the excuses already Woodward has given him that chance.

We can sign several sponsors everyday seemingly but can't do our business better, smh.

Last edited:
Even despite Chelsea's dismal window they've probably done better than us, got more out the door and with their new keeper/ Kovacic/ Jorginho.

We've signed Fred and a kid who has like 8 first team appearances for Porto main team. That's not me putting Dalot down but that deal would of been easy to do and Fred was worked on during the season.

Absolutely disgusting really, even Sanchez has come out and said we need to be signing players. Jose said we wanted two more and he was open about that. He's going to be more miserable and eager with the excuses already Woodward has given him that chance.

We can sign several sponsors everyday seemingly but can't do our business better, smh.

Chelsea have far more holes than United. We never needed than 4 max, Maguire still thinks a move is on. And we don't need a wide player if Martial is staying. The only deal we need to do is for a central defender.

How has United approach for a Director of football been going last I heard you guys were looking for one. A DOF who works with both the manager and the scouting department would be a great step forward.

Chelsea have far more holes than United. We never needed than 4 max, Maguire still thinks a move is on. And we don't need a wide player if Martial is staying. The only deal we need to do is for a central defender.

Martial will occupy the left, which Sanchez will probably play again knowing Mourinho. If we are going to be happy with Lingard/Mata on the RW then fair enough but I can't see how this LB situation is good enough. A below par Shaw and an ageing Young, when the games start to flow Young can't play now regular games, as we seen at WC with England.

Last edited:
Martial will occupy the left, which Sanchez will probably play again knowing Mourinho. If we are going to be happy with Lingard/Mata on the RW then fair enough but I can't see how this LB situation is good enough. A below par Shaw and an ageing Young, when the games start to flow Young can't play now regular games, as we seen at WC with England.

If it doesn't work they will reinforce left back January. We've long complained for Shaw to be given faith. Well here it is. And Young is more than competent enough for any level for the next year. And Young csn play regular games. He and trippier covered more ground than anyone in our side. And he outlasted the Spurs man

Reinforcing in January is a terrible move because there is usually no one good available. Next thing we know it will be another LB we'll be shipping out in a few seasons time.

Makes you wonder what on earth Zlatan was on about a month or so ago when he said that there was some surprise for United fans and Mourinho had something up his sleeve? Hopefully it's not Zlatan coming back in the winter.

Reinforcing in January is a terrible move because there is usually no one good available. Next thing we know it will be another LB we'll be shipping out in a few seasons time.

Makes you wonder what on earth Zlatan was on about a month or so ago when he said that there was some surprise for United fans and Mourinho had something up his sleeve? Hopefully it's not Zlatan coming back in the winter.

I'm sure Zlatan just wanted to say something positive and exciting to get us happy

I'm with Dilakh on Boeteng, don't think he represents a good deal at the reported fee (too many risks, Bayern know what they're doing when shipping out), but hearing there's a possibility of a loan deal? That'd be ideal. He's still considerably better than what we have bar Bailly, declining or not.

Still have my heart set on Toby though. Less confident that the deadline's tomorrow, but still hopeful.

French media reporting we're in for Zouma from Chelsea, oh my god hahahahahahahahaha

I forgot he existed wasn’t he on loan at Stoke last season? Not really bounced back from the acl I guess

Yeh he's mediocre, before ACL injury looked alright. Have we really stooped to Zouma levels?

Yeh he's mediocre, before ACL injury looked alright. Have we really stooped to Zouma levels?

more bullshit no doubt,everton linked with him also which i could maybe see.Keep sayin it but hurry and close mr window you are doing my nut in seriously

You really need to stop believing everything you read. For example, Mina.

Would be funny though, after all the rumours about every other CB under the sun. It genuinely wouldn't surprise you at this point if John Terry turns up for a medical.

Would be funny though, after all the rumours about every other CB under the sun. It genuinely wouldn't surprise you at this point if John Terry turns up for a medical.

william prunier comes to mind.maybe a free agent out there who will come in after the deadline has passed

Window closes in less than a day. Ignore all the stories at this point, good or bad

One clear bright side to this transfer window with Courtois now a Madrid player that almost certainly means De Gea shall be here until he practically retires.

Back