The Manchester United Thread

It's off, as predicted he doesn't want to leave Atletico. He's signing new contract apparently.. have to laugh.

Atlético turn around and immeadiatly offer Godin a new contract.

Been there before in exactly the same situation with Costa a few years ago. L’pool met his release clause, immediately offers him a new deal, which he signs. 6 months late they flip him to Chelsea for far more than the release clause.

Meh not fussed now either way. Can’t wait for tomorrow and looking forward to the new season. We have a very good squad and manger. Like I said can’t wait till tomorrow night :)

The defence worries me... even with De Gea. Unless Bailly has an injury free season then we'll be relying on a Smalling/Jones with Lindelof partnership.... is anyone really confident with that?????

The defence worries me... even with De Gea. Unless Bailly has an injury free season then we'll be relying on a Smalling/Jones with Lindelof partnership.... is anyone really confident with that?????
Defence isn’t our problem. Getting more out of our CM and Attackers is a must. Also must be Ruthless against the lesser teams.

It's also not about resources, but how they were used and Chelsea used them badly. Matic continues to be an excellent United player while Bakayoko is being shipped out on loan to Milan. Drinkwater was a complete pointless signing. They didn't spend well at all

Its far tougher to use unlimited resources badly as it is to use limited resources but United have somehow managed it.

Hów would u see lining up currently?
Bailly and Lindelof or Smalling?

Hów would u see lining up currently?
Bailly and Lindelof or Smalling?

Bailly and Lindelof has to be first choice but it's really just a gamble because none of our CB's can play consistently without picking up injuries apart from Lindelof seemingly.

So the likelihood is this season will be Lindelof interchanging with Bailly/Smalling/Jones. Which is hardly settling but that's the consequence of not buying a CB.

Lindelof has not even been trusted by Mourinho much in PL so far, so he must be fuming inside.

Bailly and Lindelof has to be first choice but it's really just a gamble because none of our CB's can play consistently without picking up injuries apart from Lindelof seemingly.

So the likelihood is this season will be Lindelof interchanging with Bailly/Smalling/Jones. Which is hardly settling but that's the consequence of not buying a CB.

Lindelof has not even been trusted by Mourinho much in PL so far, so he must be fuming inside.

I'm less concerned about the defence. We need to score more. Simple as that. We need to be much more aggressive, and less wasteful. We haven't really conceded more than usual. Weve got better scoring wide, but still not back to ferguson levels

MUFC made an enquiry about Diego Godín last week. They were told that he is set to sign a new contract with Atletico Madrid and would not be leaving. As Mourinho said, no new signings expected today.

For me our transfer approach this summer has seemed too scattergun, we really should of just identified the targets (Mourinho done) and delivered them. We're signing sponsors left, right and centre but yet have seemingly baulked at Aldiweireld + Sandro this window due to valuation.

The Aldiweireld deal is the strangest to me, he clearly wants to come, but you always assumed it was just posturing by both sides. But now it hasn't happened you have to wonder why we didn't just pay the extra money to get him. The future is now after all.

I'd much rather of paid excess to get someone like Aldi this summer and go into the season fully confident rather than leave any stones unturned. Mourinho wanted the CB, get him it as this is likely a make or break season. I am already anticipating his excuses if things go wrong. No one can blame him either really.

For me our transfer approach this summer has seemed too scattergun, we really should of just identified the targets (Mourinho done) and delivered them. We're signing sponsors left, right and centre but yet have seemingly baulked at Aldiweireld + Sandro this window due to valuation.

The Aldiweireld deal is the strangest to me, he clearly wants to come, but you always assumed it was just posturing by both sides. But now it hasn't happened you have to wonder why we didn't just pay the extra money to get him. The future is now after all.

I'd much rather of paid excess to get someone like Aldi this summer and go into the season fully confident rather than leave any stones unturned. Mourinho wanted the CB, get him it as this is likely a make or break season. I am already anticipating his excuses if things go wrong. No one can blame him either really.

That's my biggest issue. Pay the 75 and move off a defender. Would have left us all summer to sell Rojo or whoever. Much easier. Sandro is more understandable because he clearly wanted to give Shaw one last go and id rather he made it then sign a left back.

It's not scattergun, board have just been slack

That said, no one should let Jose use it as an excuse, because we have more than enough to be a huge threat, if used properly. His excuses won't save him

That's my biggest issue. Pay the 75 and move off a defender. Would have left us all summer to sell Rojo or whoever. Much easier. Sandro is more understandable because he clearly wanted to give Shaw one last go and id rather he made it then sign a left back.

It's not scattergun, board have just been slack

That said, no one should let Jose use it as an excuse, because we have more than enough to be a huge threat, if used properly. His excuses won't save him

It's all a bit odd, even on the Spurs and Daniel Levy side of things because what do they benefit from keeping him this summer really? Levy knows he's losing money which on past experience he never lets that happen.

Only thing I can fathom is perhaps Aldiweireld will be sold abroad but that doesn't seem likely, especially at a fee we would of paid this summer.

If this season does implode I hope we don't just put Mourinho's head on a pike, Woodward needs replacing on the transfer side of things. Even if it is a good season I think we need a better setup when it comes to transfers.

Have we already loaned Tuanzebe and TFM out? Just trying to figure out at this point who we will actually have at CB come the end of the window.

Thought we'd need Rojo for cover. without any signing.

Back