The Manchester United Thread

Play the defence we have. There plenty in midfield to help them, and more than enough in attack. Jose needs to get on with the job or get the **** out. Bailly might be injury prone, but Lindelof rarely is and is a right ball player. Leave him in constantly.

Our defence SHOULD step up a notch or 2 after all the rumors this summer.. Shaw - Lindelöf - Bailly - Dalot could hopefully be our back 4 we end this season with, if they step up!

Miss Natalie Sawyer on deadline day, she was the best looking out of the lot. Have to stick with Jim White now I guess.

We'll learn a lot tomorrow about state of our squad players and how they can perform this season against Leicester. There will be no Matic to protect back four so big responsibility on midfield that starts tomorrow. See how Bailly and Lidelof can perform together, such a key partnership for our season ambitions. Also we will be able to see what Pereira/Fred can do and our fullbacks especially Shaw.

maybe carrick will re-register as player coach,will be announced shortly to keep us happy....er maybe.Plus no doubt it will be said again that sanchez coming in january was unexpected and counts towards this windows budget.If were all honest its been a massive failure this window and so reminds of when moyes tried to get unrealistic targets but wasnt his fault

Imagine if either Martial or Rashford make that RW spot theirs this season.. It is literally there begging for either of them to take it.

Imagine if either Martial or Rashford make that RW spot theirs this season.. It is literally there begging for either of them to take it.

If Mourinho doesn't use Sanchez there then I favour that Rashford could..... Martial is too predictable to play that side effectively imo. he'll always want to cut in on his left foot.

If Mourinho doesn't use Sanchez there then I favour that Rashford could..... Martial is too predictable to play that side effectively imo. he'll always want to cut in on his left foot.

If Mbappe can play there then why can't Rashford or Martial? Is Martial that unintelligent that he can only dribble with his right foot and cut inside?

If Mbappe can play there then why can't Rashford or Martial? Is Martial that unintelligent that he can only dribble with his right foot and cut inside?

From what I've seen of both on that side, neither really seem like they thrive there.

From what I've seen of both on that side, neither really seem like they thrive there.

I'm sure Mbappe would thrive more as ST/LW ahead of Cavani/Neymar but he still does a very very good job as RW.

Both Rashford and Martial SHOULD be able to play RW without any problems imo. :(

I think we would all agree that we have a fantastic squad,some great players.However,there are question marks over whether jose is/will be getting the most out of them and theres no doubt this window has been very underwhelming and very dissapointing.I know fees are inflated but a couple of key signings COULD be the difference between success and failure.

as a united fan for 35 years success to me is winning end of.
this league is getting stronger and there are few teams in danger of falling down the pecking order,maybe utd could be one?Im honestly not trying to be negative but thats how i see it.

Last edited:
We'll learn a lot tomorrow about state of our squad players and how they can perform this season against Leicester. There will be no Matic to protect back four so big responsibility on midfield that starts tomorrow. See how Bailly and Lidelof can perform together, such a key partnership for our season ambitions. Also we will be able to see what Pereira/Fred can do and our fullbacks especially Shaw.

It will take at least half a dozen games before we start to know what we're made of. But still a huge opportunity for players, and manager, to lay down a marker.

It will take at least half a dozen games before we start to know what we're made of. But still a huge opportunity for players, and manager, to lay down a marker.

yeah the world cup means it will take a while for the dust to settle.no idea what condition those players came back in.

how do you guys feel about the transfer dealings?Unorganised and incompetent on woodwards part or simply refusing to back jose and get the signings he wanted?.Yes those players would have made us better no doubt but in the long term? pretty much all those targets are 29/30........

Last edited:
Obviously not the best window. Everyone is to blame except Jose imo. Just a shame Jose chose alleged targets from clubs that were gonna be shut to deal with.

Not fussed either way! Just looking forward to the season now. We have the manager andcplayers to be a major threat!

Obviously not the best window. Everyone is to blame except Jose imo. Just a shame Jose chose alleged targets from clubs that were gonna be shut to deal with.

Not fussed either way! Just looking forward to the season now. We have the manager andcplayers to be a major threat!

absolutely we do.I just wonder how jose must feel at missing out on the ones he wanted and how he views the boards efforts to deliver

how do you guys feel about the transfer dealings?Unorganised and incompetent on woodwards part or simply refusing to back jose and get the signings he wanted?.Yes those players would have made us better no doubt but in the long term? pretty much all those targets are 29/30........

As good as he is at the business side, he really should be kept away from the footballing side. How many new sponsorships have we announced since Jose gave him his list of players? He cant focus on the business and sign players at the same time. We need a director of football to handle signings and outgoings. Even the players he's sold we have practically given away over the years compared to what other clubs are getting for similar or worse players. I think there is only Blind where we can be happy with what we have got back.

But as long as we keep getting top 4 or winning trophies the board will be happy with what is going on and happy with the money Ed is bringing in. If somebody like Mourinho doesn't even have enough influence for the board to take note and get the players in then it would be stupid to think another manager coming in would suddenly mean more transfers.

Unfortunately if things go **** up it will be on Mourinho's head but he cant do any more than ask for players and wait. Yes he should be getting more out of the squad he's got, but we have done nothing this summer to close that gap to City and the clubs behind (especially Liverpool) have done great business to at least match or better us from last season. I expect Arsenal to be up there this season along with City and Liverpool, and its going to be a 3 way scrap for 4th between us, Chelsea and Spurs. After losing that much ground on City last season, we should have been straight out of the blocks with signings we need and we have done next to nothing. We have signed one player basically (Dalot very much learning and Grant 3rd choice won't play). Not good enough.

Back