The Manchester United Thread

Squad Numbers 2018/19

The squad numbers for the new season are out! You can view the full list here.

Changes in existing squad numbers
  • Marcos Rojo changes from 5 to 16 now that Carrick has retired. He wore 16 for Argentina.
  • Rashford changes from 19 to 10 after the departures of Rooney and Zlatan.
  • Romero changes from 20 to 22.
Numbers for new players
13. Lee Grant
17. Fred
20. Diogo Dalot

Numbers for youth players
44. Tahith Chong
45. Kieran O'Hara
46. Joshua Bohui
47. Angel Gomes
48. Ethan Hamilton
51. Matej Kovar

Delighted for the youngsters!

Darmian must be a goner then?
Still clubs interested in Italy according to Amoyal.

From the MEN- Darmian might actually be in the squad. He is now staying at the Lowry as he expects to leave England permanently before the end of the month.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Still clubs interested in Italy according to Amoyal.

From the MEN- Darmian might actually be in the squad. He is now staying at the Lowry as he expects to leave England permanently before the end of the month.

In fairness, Darmain wants to go back to italy, and he's been good about it while he's been here so at least that is being handled well by player, agent and club.

Also MEN are awful, genuine clickbait paper now

The treatment of Darmian is infuriating to me. Quit playing the guy out of position and see what he can do then. His only weakness is that he offers little going forward, but you're not helping matters playing a right footer on the left flank.

The treatment of Darmian is infuriating to me. Quit playing the guy out of position and see what he can do then. His only weakness is that he offers little going forward, but you're not helping matters playing a right footer on the left flank.
Tbh he’s been pretty average since early promise showed under LVG. Nothing to do with what side he’s playing on. He’s just not very good. And hasn’t worked for him in the prem.

really looking forward to watching the game now,a positive start will go a long way to banishing the negativity

Mate who I go to OT with said the refurbishment inside the stadium looks the bizz. Just seen the pics of the new changing room look sweet!

He played left back loads in Italy, and played there a few times for Italy. Out of position he isnt

He played left back loads in Italy, and played there a few times for Italy. Out of position he isnt

If you want him to just defend and be a training cone who returns simple passes, sure. If you want him to offer something going forward he needs to be on the right.

If you want him to just defend and be a training cone who returns simple passes, sure. If you want him to offer something going forward he needs to be on the right.

I'd agree. But he's been so average on the right too. So really you lose nothing. He's just not offensive enough. Shame, as I really like him as a professional. And he's a decent squad option. But he wants more than that.

#MUFC Starting XI tonight via my source

De Gea
Shaw
Lindelof
Bailly
Darmian
Pogba (Captain for season)
Pereira
Fred
Sanchez
Mata
Rashford

Grant, Smalling, Young, Fellaini, Martial, Lukaku, McTominey

That team, on paper, should dismantle Leicester. Easily.

However, United manager is named Jose Mourinho.

De Gea
Shaw
Lindelof
Bailly
Darmian
Pereira
Fred
Sanchez
Mata
Rashford

welll there are a few lads there with a great chance to show jose what they can do.up to them to do themselves justice and i really hope they step up

Last edited:

De Gea
Shaw
Lindelof
Bailly
Darmian
Pereira
Fred
Sanchez
Mata
Rashford

Assume the source thing was a joke, right?

Can't complain with that lineup, it looks like the most dynamic midfield United has had in years.

Having said that, Sanchez starting on the left again..... is very worrying. Mourinho persisting with that again this season and Martial will be in trouble again. I'm just hoping this is a one off, Martial needs to be starting on left with Sanchez on right. Why does he still insist with Sanchez on the left, does my nut in. Even if he performs well tonight, it isn't best for the balance of team going forward.

Having said that, Sanchez starting on the left again..... is very worrying. Mourinho persisting with that again this season and Martial will be in trouble again. I'm just hoping this is a one off, Martial needs to be starting on left with Sanchez on right. Why does he still insist with Sanchez on the left, does my nut in. Even if he performs well tonight, it isn't best for the balance of team going forward.

Maybe we could see Rashford and Alexis switching in the game. That would be good.

Back