The Manchester United Thread

Well, I take the positive about this window. It made me want to play FM again and Im literally losing 3h of my life making all the players free agents, then Ill play for 3h and get bored. Oh well.

absolutely we do.I just wonder how jose must feel at missing out on the ones he wanted and how he views the boards efforts to deliver
Didn’t see one bit of him being peed in his presser like previous ones in pre season. Came out fighting and praised the players he has. Mourinho with a chip on his shoulder and us against them mentality could be danger for the rest of the league! Don’t buy this meltdown bollocks people been spouting.

As good as he is at the business side, he really should be kept away from the footballing side. How many new sponsorships have we announced since Jose gave him his list of players? He cant focus on the business and sign players at the same time. We need a director of football to handle signings and outgoings. Even the players he's sold we have practically given away over the years compared to what other clubs are getting for similar or worse players. I think there is only Blind where we can be happy with what we have got back.

But as long as we keep getting top 4 or winning trophies the board will be happy with what is going on and happy with the money Ed is bringing in. If somebody like Mourinho doesn't even have enough influence for the board to take note and get the players in then it would be stupid to think another manager coming in would suddenly mean more transfers.

Unfortunately if things go **** up it will be on Mourinho's head but he cant do any more than ask for players and wait. Yes he should be getting more out of the squad he's got, but we have done nothing this summer to close that gap to City and the clubs behind (especially Liverpool) have done great business to at least match or better us from last season. I expect Arsenal to be up there this season along with City and Liverpool, and its going to be a 3 way scrap for 4th between us, Chelsea and Spurs. After losing that much ground on City last season, we should have been straight out of the blocks with signings we need and we have done next to nothing. We have signed one player basically (Dalot very much learning and Grant 3rd choice won't play). Not good enough.
He’s actually done good at getting rid of players especially under Mourinho. Memphis, Schniderlin, Blind, Johnstone, Miki. He’s not perfect but he’s not bad either.

One good thing to come of it is we have been crying out for Pereira to be given a chance for the last 2 years. He'll have till January to prove hes a good member of the squad. And surely its the last chance for Shaw now. Could be like a new player if her stays fit and performs. We have yet to see the best of Pogba so if Fred can bring that out of him then thats a massive bonus.

One good thing to come of it is we have been crying out for Pereira to be given a chance for the last 2 years. He'll have till January to prove hes a good member of the squad. And surely its the last chance for Shaw now. Could be like a new player if her stays fit and performs. We have yet to see the best of Pogba so if Fred can bring that out of him then thats a massive bonus.
Thats the good thing. There is so much potential and more to come from everyone!

well a rejuvinated pogba could be like a new signing off the back of the world cup

He’s actually done good at getting rid of players especially under Mourinho. Memphis, Schniderlin, Blind, Johnstone, Miki. He’s not perfect but he’s not bad either.

I meant the prices hes getting for the players. Miki he gave away as part of the Sanchez deal. Schniderlin was a loss even with the potential add-ons. Memphis was a loss again and a big loss for a player of his potential at the time. Johnstone was ok but pretty pointless if we dont have a sell on clause. Keane was practically given away.

how do you guys feel about the transfer dealings?Unorganised and incompetent on woodwards part or simply refusing to back jose and get the signings he wanted?.Yes those players would have made us better no doubt but in the long term? pretty much all those targets are 29/30........

I think the latter there plays a big part in this. If they’re looking at him being gone by next season ..... Then you’ve all the money they’ve given him already and him not even playing some of those players ...., all stacks up,

You also have to look at the ridiculously unneeded Sanchez addition adding yet more to an already stupendous wage blll. With only Blind leaving. Has to come a point, regardless of Utd’s wealth, where that needs to come down. Fair argument to think they were looking to sell to buy and failed badly executing either.

He already spend big on 2 centerbacks and doesn't even play them, so I don't know why is anybody surprised if club didn't want to shell out money on yet another one. Especially since most of the targets were aging and bound to become deadwood on huge wages in 1-2 years that cannot be shipped off.

United's wage bill isn't even close to stupendous (44% of turnover). Only Spurs have tighter control on theirs (41%)

I meant the prices hes getting for the players. Miki he gave away as part of the Sanchez deal. Schniderlin was a loss even with the potential add-ons. Memphis was a loss again and a big loss for a player of his potential at the time. Johnstone was ok but pretty pointless if we dont have a sell on clause. Keane was practically given away.
That Miki deal was a good deal for us. And to get nearly all our money back for Schneiderlin was good also. Was never gonna get more than 22m for Memphis. Was dogshit here and cared more for clothes and cars than playing football most of the times.

The window was ok, but the irony is that if Jose used what he's got better, they would have backed him

To reiterate this point, the club have just politely savaged him in great detail over how they approached transfers

Yeah, bottom line, if your managerial seat is a bit wobbly, don't try signing bunch of 30 years old that will weigh in on the club long after you're gone.

That Miki deal was a good deal for us. And to get nearly all our money back for Schneiderlin was good also. Was never gonna get more than 22m for Memphis. Was dogshit here and cared more for clothes and cars than playing football most of the times.

Pretty much what I said all along but of course people made up any excuse as they do now.

Back