The Manchester United Thread

Casey Stone Manchester United women manager said before their game today that ‘we are Manchester United we want to attack, we’ll never sit back and defend, we will assert ourselves on every game’. Wow, now that is the type of manager that should of been managing the men’s team today.

Last week Brighton struggled for even a shot on target, today they score 3 goals. Why were we scared or not set up to pin back this team in their own half like you know many top managers now would try and do. After all they can’t create chances if you’re looking to dominate the game.

Maybe we were scared of Glen Murray’s pacein behind.... *facepalm*

Think we're overreacting again as usual. It was ****, but as long as we get over it sharpish, it doesn't matter. Yet

We possibly are and I agree with you that it’s all well and good as long as we learn from it. Problem is though Mike is that we lost this game last season also so the indication is that Mourinho isn’t learning from it. He’s doing the same mistakes and even his inevitable get Fellaini on Plan B from 60 mins had next to no impact on the game.

I think the thing is now that with City so strong and Liverpool not far behind seemingly, you can’t afford drop points in games like this. Everyone is allowed an off day but this is more then that, it’s Mourinho tactics that allow Brighton to be on the front foot especially in first half, they looked like the better footballing team, that’s deeply disturbing.

We possibly are and I agree with you that it’s all well and good as long as we learn from it. Problem is though Mike is that we lost this game last season also so the indication is that Mourinho isn’t learning from it. He’s doing the same mistakes and even his inevitable get Fellaini on Plan B from 60 mins had next to no impact on the game.

I think the thing is now that with City so strong and Liverpool not far behind seemingly, you can’t afford drop points in games like this. Everyone is allowed an off day but this is more then that, it’s Mourinho tactics that allow Brighton to be on the front foot especially in first half, they looked like the better footballing team, that’s deeply disturbing.

You need at least 7-8 games to know where you stand. Let's see after that. Right now it's a mixed bag of very good and utter *****

You need at least 7-8 games to know where you stand. Let's see after that. Right now it's a mixed bag of very good and utter *****

get what youre saying mike but the problem is like many utd fans i just dont see the progression from beginning of last season to this.We only signed fred to strengthen the first team so its not like they need to gel as with 5 or 6 new arrivals.With such a proven manager coupled with quality players you would think there would be more cohesion but i just am not seeing it.Not saying jose should be sacked but it may be a case of giving a few more players a bit more freedom to express or jose packing his bags.No,this isnt the utd im used to over the years but nothing lasts forever.

The club need to be ready to pull the trigger on Jose if needs be. Until that time, he and the squad need to stay on the same page, and take more risks.

Who cares, it's just like playing in a separate league when Pep's in town anyway. Let's just go on holiday mode, return date: When Pep resigns.

We’ll give it a ****** good go at altering that for you this season.

Although that would probably be a worse outcome right? ;)

It’s the complete irony of woman’s football not being so much as mentioned until Utd get a team again from you then you’re suddenly all over it man.

I’m all for promoting the woman’s game but that stands out like a sore thumb when there’s nothing and suddenly it’s a thing. Forgive the scepticism when you say you’ve always liked/ had an interest in the girls game but haven’t posted a thing until now. If they put a bag of crisps out on a pitch in Utd colours you get the impression you’d be making a big thing out of it but each to their own.

It’s the complete irony of woman’s football not being so much as mentioned until Utd get a team again from you then you’re suddenly all over it man.

I’m all for promoting the woman’s game but that stands out like a sore thumb when there’s nothing and suddenly it’s a thing. Forgive the scepticism when you say you’ve always liked/ had an interest in the girls game but haven’t posted a thing until now. If they put a bag of crisps out on a pitch in Utd colours you get the impression you’d be making a big thing out of it but each to their own.
Hard to be a thing when there was no thing. Doesn’t mean some on here never watch it despite not having a team. Absolute joke it’s taking so long! If it makes you happy Scouse and can start a woman’s football thread ;)

Goona travel down to the Reading game.

Mad how DDG escaped criticism MOTD last night. (Not got a clue what direction Sky went in?). The first two goals start with terrible distribution from the goalie.

You just made the point man. It’s always been a thing. But completely ignored. Suddenly, you’re now posting on it across multiple threads as Utd have a team again.

Each to their own but that stands out badly.

You just made the point man. It’s always been a thing. But completely ignored. Suddenly, you’re now posting on it across multiple threads as Utd have a team again.

Each to their own but that stands out badly.
Why would I write about a team i don’t support lol. You could start the same in the Pool thread :P

Last edited:
The same way you’ve now started posting on the L’pool girls the L’pool thread? ;)

Not telling you what to post or even complaining, but it’s transparent as to why man but again, each to their own.

Keep posting about the women's Team TOD. I'm personally interested in how we get on.

Anyone else curious to maybe see Pereira on the RW when Matic is back?
Played very well there for Valencia. He's also been one of our best performers during pre-season and our first 2 games.

Anyone else curious to maybe see Pereira on the RW when Matic is back?
Played very well there for Valencia. He's also been one of our best performers during pre-season and our first 2 games.
Why not. Much rather Sanchez or Lingard. But wouldn’t be against it. Personally feel he needs to keep playing central.

You need to call up Spain and asks them to return United version of the De Gea and send this imposters away. He's been woeful both games so far.

Back