The Manchester United Thread

A realistic top side fee would be around the Coutinho price.

And thats top side as Coutinho was far more influential and productive the PL.

Utd might value him higher but getting a club to pay more is a whole other thing again.

There's literally no chance he goes for anything less than near world record. Because United would have to pay around 130m for Savic.

It also doesn't really matter how inconsistent he is because his reputation and brand are strong enough to command a near-world record fee regardless. And the egos at United plus Raiola's and his own would also contribute to that.

Not that I can see him being sold anyway

Mourinho on Matic, Sanchez and Valencia, "I don't know [if they'll play], a decision will be made on Sunday. Dalot is also training with the team for the first time this week."

Mourinho on Woodward speculation, "Don't ask me because I don't read it. I don't even know 10% of what is written and what comes on TV screens."

Mourinho on Ed Woodward relationship, "Of course [It's fine]."

Just watched the press conference. He looked incredibly wound up and angry. Treated the press with contempt. Was short. And most of its for the embargoed section. Should be juicy ;)

Mourinho turned up half an hour early with many of the media not even there and answered 13 questions in just over four minutes.

Entire #MUFC press conference was just over 8 minutes long, and ended 22 minutes before it was due to start.

Last edited:
Ended minutes before it started....

prob nerves, heard it happens to even the best sometimes. get a drink, go again in half hour. Chin up Jose.

1-0 u18s McCann score on his debut after 4 mins.

Greenwood misses a penalty after 30 mins. But make it 2-0 mins later with a ricochet after the keeper tries to clear it, hits Elanga and loops back over his head.

Elanga nearly makes it 3 just before HT.

McCann makes it 3-1 after Saints pulled on back. Looks a real talent!

Greenwood makes it 4-1 :)

Finished 5-1. Helm with a debut goal. Great performance.

Last edited:
Under-23s: #MUFC v Southampton (A) - Kovar; Tanner, Poole, R. Williams, O'Connor; Garner, Hamilton, Buffonge; Gomes, Bohui, Chong. Substitutes: Carney, Warren, Barlow, Sang, Whelan. The game kicks off at 19:00 BST and is live on #MUTV

0-0 ht. tight game Kovar produced a fantastic save to keep us in it with about 10 mins left in the half. We are playing well against the fave to win the league.

0-1 Buffonge converts from the spot :)

1-1 Saints score from a corner . Poor marking from Tanner. Scorer was lucky missed his head and went in off his shoulder.

Saints down to 10. Reckless high challenge on Chong.

Finished 1-1. Was dire last 20 mins when we had the extra man. Created nothing! Still good point.

Last edited:
WSL Cup: United Women v Reading | 25 August at Noon

Today's #MUWomen team to face Reading in the #ContiCup (12:00 BST):

Chamberlain; Smith, A. Turner, M. Turner, Greenwood (c); Green, Zelem, James; Arnot, Sigsworth, Hanson.

Subs: Bentley, Harris, Palmer, Toone, Galton, Devlin, Roberts.

Gutted couldn’t get down there as I nearly broke my nose at work :( mate went said fairly good crowd there at the Leigh. Gonna be teal tough fixture. Reading been going 3 yrs at top tier. And full of full experienced internationals. Beat them in ore season but was a much weakened Reading side.

So close! Zelem plays a fantastic defence splitting pass to Sigsworth. Who just puts it wide of the post after slipping it past the on rushing GK.

Good play again. Nice one touch passing down the right Arnott beats her defender. And Sigworth goes close with a header from the cross. Utd in top opening 15.

Great finger tip save by Chamberlain from a long range Fara Williams effort. Wtf how did we not score! Hit the bar with a header then hit the bar again from the rebound with another header :O

0-0 HT Been miles the better team. Played them off the park could be 2/3 up. Hope we don’t regret missed chances. Coz Reading is a top team and will get better. Greenwood’s set pieces have been great. Zelem is top class player did I cracking job getting her back from Juve. She’s running the game but putting it in the other way. One thing I like about women footy. No rolling around like you have been shot. Get tackled get back up.

Arnott been good also which is pleasing considering she was told she would never play again after missing 14 months.

0-1 Reading. Been better team second half. Poor from Millie Turner who rushed out and got turned. chamberlain saved the first effort 1 on 1 but not the rebound.

Reading down to 10 after 63 mins. Second yellow hacking down the Utd player. Reading captain also gets booked for mouthing off at the red.

0-2. Utd caught going for the equaliser. Long punt down field leaves Reading with a one on one after we put everyone forward for a corner Final whistle goes. Easily better team. Created better played better. But 1 mistake cost us. Really pleased with them and they should of themselves!

Attendance just under 5000 which is fantastic!

Last edited:
Why did we not buy Adama Traore? That guy is a ******* machine on that RW. :'(

Wish I knew the answer mate, there was a host of RW's available this summer that we didn't go for, baffles me when Mourinho still persists with Sanchez on left and Mata on right who offers no width.

Wish I knew the answer mate, there was a host of RW's available this summer that we didn't go for, baffles me when Mourinho still persists with Sanchez on left and Mata on right who offers no width.

Yup.. I'm still hoping Rashford or Martial can save us from our RW problems.. or Lingard/Pereira.. :(

Back