The Manchester United Thread

On the pitch at least every English side should be well happy with those groups.

Be very surprised personally if all 4 aren’t n the last 16.
Totally agree there Scouse but I have a feeling Spurs may find it a little harder than the other 3 their first game against Barca will be the key in my view.

Poor group though isn’t it outside of Barca? Inter are little semblance of any serious threat and all things being equal PSV are just
making up the numbers. Only potential stumbling block I can see for the English sides are if ‘Spurs decide to be ‘Spurs or Mourinho goes Seville negative.

All got some super trips though. Bar L’pool.

Marcelino have Valencia playing proper football, definitely won't be too easy as we've been outcoached by lesser tools but better approaches before. But if we don't qualify from that group then we simply don't deserve to be in the K.O rounds (duh, I know).

Also don't underestimate Inter too much Scouse. A central spine of Handanovic, Skriniar, Nainggolan & Icardi is top quality, not to mention the likes of Perisic, Vrsaljko, Brozovic, etc. Really looking forward to seeing Icardi in particular, him v. Kane could be juicy competition over the 2 legs - a top class, old fashioned #9. I don't think they're going to be anywhere near the business end (unless Icardi REALLY thrives on the big stage) but they can definitely send one of Spurs or Barca packing early.

I think there's a lot of quick dismissal of the groups. United, Spurs and Liverpool are in groups they can win, but also quite easily finish third in. Let's hope the coaches don't approach it with the same dismissal some give it here.

Jones is injured, no surprises there!

Dalot and Romero playing U-23s game tonight, Rojo back training with team. But all 3 to be available after intern’l break. Jose on MUTV.

"I have no problem with Martial. If he wants to stay, is fine.”

Man Utd manager Jose Mourinho says he is still "one of the greatest managers in the world"

Mourinho today: 'I am the manager of one of the greatest clubs in the world but I am also one of the greatest managers in the world.' Not exactly backing down then...#MUFC

Jose on @LukeShaw23: "We are very, very happy with him and I think to go to the national team after three Premier League matches, for him, is an extraordinary feeling." #MUFC

Last edited:
More on Shaw- “It’s been a big week for him that ends with a very important match against Burnley.

“That’s the most important thing. He played three very good matches and it’s not easy when your team loses two of them. He had that balance, that consistency even when the team didn’t win and especially the game against Brighton, where the team didn’t play well.

“That is very important.

“If next week, his [England] manager decides to give him minutes against Spain or against Switzerland, that would obviously be very good for him and I think in this moment he’s feeling the good results of the hard work, and the good results of many people that work with him at different levels and try to make him a proper football player.

“For me, a proper football player is a player of consistency and he’s physically stronger, he’s mentally stronger.

“Tactically, he has a better understanding of the game.

“We are very, very happy with him and I think to go to the national team after three Premier League matches, for him, is an extraordinary feeling.”

Those are the worst groups, where you have 3 decent teams and the last one is going to be point feeder. 3 teams basically start the group with 6 points and that makes a buttclencher by the last round.

Don't want Modric. If we're gonna replace Scholes this summer it should be with either 1. Nuri Sahin or 2. Steven Defour.

We should go all out for Sahin though, especially as I read somewhere he has a very low release clause of around 5 million I think and he won't sign a new deal.

I'm sorry but since the site update every time I click on the thread it brings me to the first page, and I never fail to laugh at this post on it XD

Those are the worst groups, where you have 3 decent teams and the last one is going to be point feeder. 3 teams basically start the group with 6 points and that makes a buttclencher by the last round.

Home games are key. win all home games and beat YB away

I'm sorry but since the site update every time I click on the thread it brings me to the first page, and I never fail to laugh at this post on it XD

He was just sold to Bremen today :)

Who the **** is Steven Defour is the bigger question.

Ironically enough scored this vs. us last season:

[video=youtube;bq5Dn14F8pI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq5Dn14F8pI[/video]

One of those with early hype that never fulfills it. Still a decent player, tbf.

If we can't beat Burnley now we really are useless, they played midweek in Europa and have not looked good in PL either.

Back