The Manchester United Thread

He's not even acting as badly as people seem to want to believe, nothing like his Chelsea latter days so far. Sure he's made some comments here and there that can be deemed unnecessary but lets be honest there is a massive media agenda against him generally.

Having said all that, he is under pressure for obvious reasons
but I still think there is far more to our problems than just Jose.

Media are definitely trying to milk his every tiniest mishap, but I'm afraid that just goes with the job nowadays. LVG looked like he aged 10 years in 2 years he's been here.

It's times like this you realise the genius of Fergie, he could get the best consistently out of players that aren't great on paper at least. But there are managers like Pochettino and Klopp who are also doing that right now, Mourinho I think isn't helping himself by changing the system every week and the lineup constantly. Although managers like Fergie rotated a lot, he always had a preferred 11 for the most part.

Even though Fergie rotated a lot, he had a fixed spine for the most part (Vidic/Ferdinand, VdS, Scholes, Evra, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney. It helps to have consistency is most parts of the starting 11. With Mou, you don't even know his next defensive line-up (which is the most important part).

Additionally, and I dunno if this is media blowup or whatever, but it feels like you can't make a mistake under Mourinho, else you'll be binned for the next match. Not a very conducive atmosphere or feeling to play football.

He's not even acting as badly as people seem to want to believe, nothing like his Chelsea latter days so far. Sure he's made some comments here and there that can be deemed unnecessary but lets be honest there is a massive media agenda against him generally.

Having said all that, he is under pressure for obvious reasons but I still think there is far more to our problems than just Jose.

I was gonna’ correct a few things (‘media agenda?’ Asking him questions everyone else gets asked but that he doesn’t like to answer so lashes out like a petulant schoolie? That ‘agenda?’) but Pearce covers his B/S perfectly here:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...manchester-united-boss-jose-mourinho-15097875

I was gonna’ correct a few things (‘media agenda?’ Asking him questions everyone else gets asked but that he doesn’t like to answer so lashes out like a petulant schoolie? That ‘agenda?’) but Pearce covers his B/S perfectly here:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...manchester-united-boss-jose-mourinho-15097875

If you watch that post match conference vs Spurs, the media were not being respectful at all and some of the stuff they said was not questions. They were just remarks they made during Mourinho answering the questions they had asked.

Adama Traoré played less than 30 minutes vs. West Ham, but won more dribbles (5) than anybody else on the pitch AND he scored the winning goal.

If you watch that post match conference vs Spurs, the media were not being respectful at all and some of the stuff they said was not questions. They were just remarks they made during Mourinho answering the questions they had asked.

He doesn't help himself. However when you watch full conferences, what some of what he says vs how it's reported is alarmingly twisted

Adama Traoré played less than 30 minutes vs. West Ham, but won more dribbles (5) than anybody else on the pitch AND he scored the winning goal.
Once again stats don't show how poor his decision making was most of the time when he came on. Thought I would watch him closely and his movement makes Martial's look world-class. Way to static and got in the wingbacks way constantly, the difference in the movement between him and Jota is night and day.

Just watched embargoed part of presser. Jose confirmed DDG talks are progressing well. And he wants to continue playing the same style as in the first half. Also confirmed Sanchez has chosen not to go on international duty.

Manchester United team
Starting XI: De Gea, Valencia (c), Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw, Matic, Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard, Lukaku, Sanchez
Subs: Grant, Bailly, Young, Herrera, Fred, Martial, Rashford

Bit weird how he has gone with Lindelof considering how nervous he looked off the bench vs Spurs.

Bit weird how he has gone with Lindelof considering how nervous he looked off the bench vs Spurs.
Coming off the bench is a different to playing from the start it may just prove to be the confidence boost the lad needs to be fair.

Buys Fred for trillion fifty, droops him after 3 games.

To be fair the same could be said about Keita yesterday, Tyton. Fred was excellent vs. Spurs, it's a tactical decision more than a performance-lacking drop.

Clear why Fellaini's playing now. Dropping between the two CB's and sticking tight to Wood when Burnley try to go route 1 to him.

Back