The Manchester United Thread

Getting back to the game tomorrow, I honestly think it's massive in context of our season. Whilst people can say it's only one game, we've already lost two games we shouldn't have so there is now little room for error against these teams. But lets not kid ourselves Watford are flying at the moment, but if we have any hope of doing anything in the league, we must win it.

If we don't we could be 9 points behind teams like Chelsea and Liverpool which is a crazy point gap that I simply can't see us turning around, even this early in the season.

It's really not massive in the context of out season. What happens if we win this and lose the next one? what matters is getting consistency. But this game isn't any bigger than any others.

JOSE PRES CONFERENCE: Jose says that Diogo Dalot & Marcos Rojo will play for the u23s tonight.

If they come out of that match without any issue they will be available for next week.

Manchester United give injuries update
Fellaini is a doubt. Ander Herrera is out. He had one little problem in one medical in training during the week, so he is also a doubt.

Could Luke Shaw play vs Watford?
I don’t know - we still have a training session, Jose Mourinho told reporters.

Contrary to some news, to some opinions, by the protocol point of view and according to our doctor, he will be free to play.

The only situation we have to analyse is if you are going to play him when, during the week, he was not training with the team or if, even so, he decides to play.

Mourinho: 'I can expect that Sunday I'm going to be highly criticised for not playing Rashford tomorrow.' #mufc

Last edited:
Mourinho on 'obsessives': 'People that called me and ask me to fall at Wembley because they need news from me, so I made it on purpose so you could speak about myself. Was a good dive and I protect my phones. No penalty and maybe a yellow card.' #mufc

**** me that was an absolute snooze fest!! 1-1 U23s vs Reading. No one looked good. Didn’t look like a team. Reading were miles better. Rojo only lasted 30 mins and went off straight down the tunnel injured. Dalot decent again.

Wish the club would just seriously **** Sbragia off! Ok last season he had his excuses. Players out on loan, no recognised STR. Injuries. He’s got none this year. All the good players from last year are available and 90% of this team were tairing the u18s a new one last year! And most playing great for there country also.

Dont often rant or get annoyed. But he’s just fecking useless!!!!!!

Jose Mourinho wants to keep Ander Herrera and Juan Mata @ManUtd “Even if they are not playing a lot, not starting matches, by the personality and character point-of-view and what they represent in the modern society in football, they are almost unique pieces I don't want to lose.

Mourinho on Paul Pogba: 'He never told me he wants to leave... If he doesn't tell me he wants to leave, it's because he wants to stay. That's my conclusion...

Mourinho on De Gea: 'David is David, no need of more words. Luke [Shaw]'s evolution made us believe he goes in the right direction and of course I want to keep him.' #mufc

Last edited:
U18s just kicking off against Blackburn.

Fjoiticek, Laird, Mengzi, Dishon, Williams, Levitt, Traore, Elanga, McGhee, Greenwood, McCann.

1-0 Utd. Laird makes a powerful run down the right. Slots it to Greenwood who puts it in the bottom corner.

2-0 Utd. Greenwood nicks it off the FB. Beats the CB then does the keeper with a delicious chip into the net. Great solo goal! 20 mins gone. Been attack v defence. A bit better composure it could of been 5.

2-1 Blackburn score with the last kick of the game. Utd taken the foot right off the gas after the second goal. Just passing it around under no pressure from Blackburn. Thinking it’s to easy then one mistake has cost them. Very disappointing! Neil Ryan angry and rightly so.

2-2 Blackburn from poor defending from a corner. Great response Utd press like crazy and force a mistake as Laird interception falls to Elanga who ticks it away. 3-2

**** off! Utd and Greenwood have a goal ruled out. Never offside! Elanga, Levitt off. Mellor, Galbraith on 73 gone. Also McCann off for Puigmal.

WTF! 3-3 Galbraith with a terrible back pass. Blackburn player with the weakest shot in history and the keeper somehow misses it and goes through his legs :/ we been terribly wasteful today should be out of site!

Oh my word :O Greenwood hat trick beats 4 players coming in off the left then rifles it into the top corner. WOW!

4-3 Utd FT. Elanga, Laird, Traore, Levitt all impressive. Greenwood is just ******* ridiculous!!!

Highlights. https://twitter.com/fabioprod/status/1040935690752679936?s=21

Last edited:
Utterly dominant first half! Could be 5-0/5-1 not for Foster. Love seeing Mou, Carrick, Kenna celebrations together. Things have definitely changed this season especially Spurs game onwards. Pressing and attacking a **** of a lot more!

Good half. McKenna and Carrick really worked wonders since taking over first team training. Reckon that corner routine was McKenna's too, hence Mourinho hugging him.

Great first half. Found it difficult second half when they went direct. Good result! Fellaini, Matic, Pogba, Smalling, Lukaku all good. Bring on the CL :)

Just hate that thing we do when we're in winning positions; gradually sit deeper & deeper and become too passive, inviting pressure. Been the same for years.

Great result, very good performance for most part, but if De Gea doesn't save that at the end we'd have been robbed the 3 points with nobody to blame but ourselves.

Just hate that thing we do when we're in winning positions; gradually sit deeper & deeper and become too passive, inviting pressure. Been the same for years.

Great result, very good performance for most part, but if De Gea doesn't save that at the end we'd have been robbed the 3 points with nobody to blame but ourselves.
Yeah sort of agree. But it’s hard to get up when there pumping it long. But it has happened a lot. Need to be more ruthless in counter attacks.

Cant wait for Wednesday! And now a run of games without international duty.

Good presser from Mourinho. Confirmed that he and Carrick and McKenna are working on changing style and attacking play and set pieces. Hence the celebration. Also confirmed Luke Shaw will 100% start in the CL on Wednesday and said he is my LB. Wasn’t very complimentary about Smalling hair though :P

Last edited:

Yup. He's been pretty decent this season tbf, but you don't pay 450k per week for someone to be pretty decent. Hope we can offload him in the summer lowkey, but who's gonna want him with those wages? Slowly but surely going to turn into another Rooney situation, except sentiment won't take Alexis to a smaller wage/club ala Rooney to Everton.

Has defo lost a couple yards, but I'm sure (well, I'm hoping) he can resemble some of his Arsenal form for the next season or so..

He's gonna be another Bogarde, mark my words. No way he's leaving with that contract.

Man City look more brilliant every day with taking a pass on Sanchez. But he is your most exciting player even though he is not playing in the position he should be playing.

Yeah we ain’t moving Sanchez on anytime soon. He’s been pretty good for most parts this season. Don’t think he’s lost a yrd. He’s making good runs we just seem to be not picking them a lot of the time. Commentary have mentioned it a few times this season. Especially those in to out ones. Personally think he needs to be more central. But like Mourinho said the front 3 have license anyway.

Good to see a few of the media noticing the improvement in our pressing, attacking movement and quicker passing this season. Yes it’s nowhere near the finished article yet. But it’s been very noticeable apart from the Brighton game. Encouraging signs indeed. And I’m sure the 3 new coaches this season are having a big part in this.

Last edited:
Hoping for a bit of rotation against Young Boys in CL on Wednesday but we shouldn't underestimate them!

Maybe not 11 different players but would love to see a back 4 of Shaw - Rojo - Bailly - Dalot with Fred and Pereira in the midfield.

Also expecting Rashford to start Striker or either wing because of his domestic ban!

View attachment 35997

(not expecting this 11, just show players who could and maybe even should start!)

Back