The Manchester United Thread

At 3-0 up why not take Lukaku off and play Rashford up top? Really pointless change that for me.

At 3-0 up why not take Lukaku off and play Rashford up top? Really pointless change that for me.
Tbh Rashford was the only bad player tonight. Didn’t look fit maybe had a knock or something. Good win though. With better final balls could of had 3/4 more. Fred, Matic let Pogba do his thing. Thought he was fantastic tonight. Shaw very impressive. And a very good debut from Dalot. Nice to see Periera get some mins also.

Amazing to have a RB who can actually go past players and whip a dangerous ball into the box, with all respect to Tony V. Nice link play too. Only small grip he let LW in a few times but he's still learning.

Tbh Rashford was the only bad player tonight. Didn’t look fit maybe had a knock or something. Good win though. With better final balls could of had 3/4 more. Fred, Matic let Pogba do his thing. Thought he was fantastic tonight. Shaw very impressive. And a very good debut from Dalot. Nice to see Periera get some mins also.

If he was injured take him and Lukaku off and put Martial upfront. Im sick of seeing Lukaku needlessly playing 90 minutes every game. He'll play 90 minutes again on Saturday which Rashford won't be available. One day he'll end up getting an injury at a time when he shouldnt even be on the pitch and then we are knackered because rather than take him off when we have the opportunity and use Rashford/Martial upfront more should they be needed, the hardly ever get chance to play there due to Lukaku playing 90 minutes every game. Carragher has a point on Rashford.

Is it just me, or despite that not being Martial's BEST game (I mean, he was really good), it's better than anything Sanchez has produced in a red shirt?

Is it just me, or despite that not being Martial's BEST game (I mean, he was really good), it's better than anything Sanchez has produced in a red shirt?
Thought he was really poor first half. But definitely a lot better in the second. Just his passing was ****. Ruined at least 3 good counters. Stayed out an age waving at the fans after the game.

Thought he was really poor first half. But definitely a lot better in the second. Just his passing was ****. Ruined at least 3 good counters. Stayed out an age waving at the fans after the game.

Wasn't poor, just wasn't found, but did play it a bit safe when he was (square to Shaw instead of taking on his man). Conversely, spun away on the half turn on a few occasions and created threatening situations. Doesn't cause overturns as much as Sanchez imo.

Matchday! We face Sheffield United at Leigh Sports Village tonight (kick-off 19:00 BST). Come on!
1f534.png
#MUWomen
1f39f.png
http://manutd.co/Kgj

StartingXl

Chamberlain; Harris, A. Turner, M. Turner, Greenwood (c); Zelem, Green, James; Hanson, Sigsworth, Toone.

Subs: Bentley, Smith, Hartley, Palmer, Devlin, Arnot.

Last edited:
Missed the match. On the phone to ****** retarded Vodafone customer service for 1 and half hours :/ finished 3-0 goals from Zelem, Hanson, Arnot. From what I’ve seen and read we played well on a very tough pitch conditions wise. Just watched Casey Stoney interview she was happy with the win but not the performance. London Bees next which will be another step up. There about 6th atm.

2,003 in attendance for @ManUtdWomen's 3-0 win over @sufc_women. Decent crowd considering the horrible weather and the state of the rush-hour traffic coming out of Manchester. And public transport problems.

Highlights from last night.
https://twitter.com/manutdwomen/status/1043060328051826688?s=21

Last edited:
Mourinho says Diogo Dalot is 'not playing tomorrow'. Ander Herrera and Marcos Rojo still out but Phil Jones now 'okay'. #mufc

Mourinho on Dalot:

"I want him in this process of adaptation to play totally fresh. Not playing tomorrow, playing Tuesday.

"Difficult enough for 19-year-old kid to come from another country to play for #MUFC, without accumulation of matches."

We are improving as a team
"I think the team as a team is resolving the defensive problems better than before. I don't want to say it was Bailly or Jones, and it's now Smalling or Lindelof. I think the team is more compact, is more solid, the spirit, the co-operation, the empathy, the communication, all of that improved in the team and good results bring confidence. I think we are improving as a team. I don't want to say that our improvement has the name of Chris or Victor. The team is playing better and of course they are part of the team that played well in these matches."

Sanchez is starting today. Honestly, I'm dreading it. While he contributes to build up play and everything, his output has been meh. I'd much rather give more chances to Martial, and see if he can hit his pre-Sanchez form again.

Sanchez is starting today. Honestly, I'm dreading it. While he contributes to build up play and everything, his output has been meh. I'd much rather give more chances to Martial, and see if he can hit his pre-Sanchez form again.
Meh do see the problem myself. Martial played 90 mins wasn’t that great but improved in the second half and got a deflected goal. He will start against Derby no doubt and will get plenty mins as the season goes on.

Proper. banana skin potentially this, Wolves are far better than a promoted championship side. Just look at their team on paper and watching them this season, I expect them to finish top 10 easily.

U18s just kicking off against WBA. Line up in here https://twitter.com/mrstephenhowson/status/1043457381819138048?s=21

1 new signing and 2 possible u16s on the bench to make there debut.

OMFG!!! Utd hit a deep corner Traore heads it to Greenwood who hits it first time in the volley and it rockets into the top corner from 25 yards out. Speeeeechlesss!! :O

1-1 weak defending by Williams at LB in a 50/50 winger drills in a low cross for a WBA tap in.

1-2 Utd Greenwood wins the ball pressing high on the FB. Slots a great ball to Traore who stokes it home just inside the box. Lol 2-2 give away a silly free kick WBA whip in a good ball. STR gets a free header poor defending! Only problems we have created are our own.

3-2 WBA. No surprise! Giving the ball away playing it in the wrong areas. It’s literally the only time we conceded this season. Neil Ryan it’s absolutely fuming on the touch line and rightly so!

Last edited:
How is Souness still in a job? Given a platform to attack Pogba at every given opportunity, even when coming off the back of being a key player in a World Cup victory and enjoying a great start to the season. It's getting boring now, obviously has it in for the lad for no legit reason, coming across as borderline discrimination if you ask me. Too old-fashioned and narrow minded to see a dancing black guy who loves and breathes football with a smile on his face, be better than he ever was? Wants everyone to be a shy, introverted Kante? An aggressor like Keane/Viera? Get with the times Grandad.

Mourinho needs to put him in his place like with Zlatan/Michael Owen. As much as you can disagree with Neville & Carragher's analysis/criticism now and again, at least they're non-biased, genuine opinions, in which you can see where they're making a case from. With Souness, Pogba could score a hat-trick in a Champions League final and he'd say "he still didn't show enough desire, and he should have had 5".

Great interview with Fergie now at HT. He’s at OT now for his first game after what happened. Looks well and in good spirits with a few jokes. But admitting he’s gonna be very emotional all day today. He’s just confirmed he’s gonna address the fans on the pitch before kickoff. Also invited a lot of guests who helped save his life.

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/1043472168267538432?s=21

Last edited:
How is Souness still in a job? Given a platform to attack Pogba at every given opportunity, even when coming off the back of being a key player in a World Cup victory and enjoying a great start to the season. It's getting boring now, obviously has it in for the lad for no legit reason, coming across as borderline discrimination if you ask me. Too old-fashioned and narrow minded to see a dancing black guy who loves and breathes football with a smile on his face, be better than he ever was? Wants everyone to be a shy, introverted Kante? An aggressor like Keane/Viera? Get with the times Grandad.

Mourinho needs to put him in his place like with Zlatan/Michael Owen. As much as you can disagree with Neville & Carragher's analysis/criticism now and again, at least they're non-biased, genuine opinions, in which you can see where they're making a case from. With Souness, Pogba could score a hat-trick in a Champions League final and he'd say "he still didn't show enough desire, and he should have had 5".
I literally can’t stand that *****!

Second half underway. 3-3 WBA draw a great save from Fjoiticek who’s save falls to Greenwood. Who dribbled upbthe pitch a good square ball to Williams coming from LB to slot it away. Great counter goal.

2 absolutely shocking reffing decisions. Should of had a blatant handball after a long cross came in and bounced twice before it hit the defenders hand. Then Laird has a great shot going in the bottom corner. Keeper makes a great fingertip save and ref gives a goal kick :/

Great intensity this half. Ryan clearly had words at HT! 3-4 Utd. Great link up play between Laird and Elanga. Ball gets squared to Greenwood who rifles another shot top corner. After a nice drop of the shoulder. 70 mins gone McCann and Elanga off Mellor and Stanley on for his debut.

**** that’s Greenwood’s 10th of the season already :O

Last edited:
I literally can’t stand that *****!

I'd be fine if he was keeping it strictly performance related (in which case there should be no criticism for months now), but he obviously has issues with Pogba 'personally', which is unhealthy considering he doesn't know the kid. Digging his personality, behaviour, dancing (a passion of Pogba's) and his haircuts (who the **** cares what haircut players have unless you're 10 years old?).

It's like unless you don't do interviews, have a shaved, #1 haircut and celebrate like Alan Shearer, you're going to get under some of these middle-aged pundits skin. I bet when he sees Pogba dab, he clenches his fist like a homophobe does when they see two people of the same *** kiss on TV.

Last edited:
I'd be fine if he was keeping it strictly performance related (in which case there should be no criticism for months now), but he obviously has issues with Pogba 'personally', which is unhealthy considering he doesn't know the kid. Digging his personality, behaviour, dancing (a passion of Pogba's) and his haircuts (who the **** cares what haircut players have unless you're 10 years old?).

It's like unless you don't do interviews, have a shaved, #1 haircut and celebrate like Alan Shearer, you're going to get under some of these middle-aged pundits skin. I bet when he sees Pogba dab, he clenches his fist like a homophobe does when they see two people of the same *** kiss on TV.
Yeah it didn’t use to grate me but it’s been going on since he’s joined. It’s just sad.

Back