The Manchester United Thread

Hoping for a bit of rotation against Young Boys in CL on Wednesday but we shouldn't underestimate them!

Maybe not 11 different players but would love to see a back 4 of Shaw - Rojo - Bailly - Dalot with Fred and Pereira in the midfield.

Also expecting Rashford to start Striker or either wing because of his domestic ban!

View attachment 1179841

(not expecting this 11, just show players who could and maybe even should start!)
I hope Rojo is nowhere near the team atm! Absolutely shocking in the u23s game. Plus he went off injured anyway. Long way back for him! I expect most of them to start actually.

Don't want to see too much rotation tbh. Young Boys is the side you need 6 points against. Whichever one between Juve, ourselves and Valencia don't show them enough respect and slip a couple of points, will probably be the one leaving CL, as it's probably likely we'll be exchanging blows among ourselves.

Put near enough the same 11 on the pitch as we'd throw out vs. Juve imo. Smash them.

Times and Guardian reporting that Dalot travelled and Valencia has stayed back for the trip to Switzerland. Can see see a few changes tbh.

Would defo start DDG, Lindelof, Smalling at the back. Can see Darmian starting with Shaw at FB. My team would be-

DDG
Darmian-Smalling-Lindelöf-Shaw
Matic
Pogba-Fred
Mata-Rashford-Martial

Then give mins to Dalot, Herrera, Bailly after we are about 3-0 up after 50/60mins :) take off Pogba, Smalling, Shaw and save them for Wolves on Saturday.

De Gea on his future: 'I feel really loved in this club from the fans, all the people who works for this club, so I'm really happy. It's one of the best clubs in the world.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE B LIST: #MUFC add Marcus Rashford, Tahith Chong, James Garner & Ethan Hamilton to the 'B' list. These are U21 players and did not have to be registered

Did anyone else read the above post in a 10 year olds voice? What is that font lol.

I'm on my laptop now, it doesn't look as bad as on the phone XD

Don't want to hate on Sanchez but the signing was stupid in retrospect and tbh wouldn't surprise me at all if that was a board move rather than Mourinho really wanting him.

Anyway I'm feeling oddly positive lately, we've come through a difficult spell that could of turned very messy with an impressive last two games, not only results but the performances have definitely been assuring that we are improving. Like TOD says there are definite signs atm that we are improving our attacking and pressing play generally.

Mourinho at the moment is doing everything right so lets hope we keep this momentum going!

"Anyway I'm feeling oddly positive lately"

the-end-is-near-18019713.png

I think Rashford and Matic should start on the bench tonight cause wouldn't it be better to start like Martial over Rashford since Martial can make a cameo against Wolves this weekend and same goes for Fred, Pereira, Herrera over Matic?

I think Rashford and Matic should start on the bench tonight cause wouldn't it be better to start like Martial over Rashford since Martial can make a cameo against Wolves this weekend and same goes for Fred, Pereira, Herrera over Matic?

Matic has red in PL so cant see him not playing today as he will have rest in weekend.

Matic has red in PL so cant see him not playing today as he will have rest in weekend.

Yeah that's what I mean. Both Matic and Rashford are suspended already so might be smarter to let them rest and let someone who can play tonight AND on the weekend?

Yeah that's what I mean. Both Matic and Rashford are suspended already so might be smarter to let them rest and let someone who can play tonight AND on the weekend?

It doesn't really matter. Since players who aren't playing from the start usually get the next day an intensive training to make sure everyone has the same workload and you can globally give everyone the same tactical trainings, because everyone's workload is the same.

Altough, a match is more intense than any training. Simulating the same workload in training is more difficult, hence why it might be a good idea to rotate players if you've got quick matches after eachother and some are suspended.

United U19s Vs Young Boys
Kovar, Tanner, Laird, O'Connor, Bernard, Garner, Barlow, Gomes, Bohui, Chong, Greenwood
Subs: Fojticek, Dunne, Williams, Traore, Levitt, Puigmal, Baars

1-0 YBs Chong blocks a cross in the box with his hand. Peno scored.

1-1. Good one two passing between Laird and Garner who slot in Greenwood who hits it in on the half volley.

This refs been a complete ****! Booking our players for everything and letting them hack us to bits. And ruling out a dead Cert peon for us as Chong was 2 footed from behind. Can hear **** on the touch line going mental. Ref goes nowhere near him after he blows the whistle. So the lino and 4th officials cop it walking off at HT :)

1-1 68 mins gone. Traore on for Bohui. Tanner sat on the sideline after a 2 footed challenge. Looks like Williams will be replacing him. Chong had a goal wrongfully ruled off for offside after about 55 mins.

Last edited:
United XI vs Young Boys: De Gea, Dalot, Shaw, Smalling, Lindelof, Matic, Pogba, Fred, Rashford, Martial, Lukaku.

subs- Romero, Bailly, Young, Periera, Mata, Fellaini, Sanchez

Yep, knew it was going to be a strong side. Let’s go, this should be fun

Back