The Manchester United Thread

On the plus side, Sir Alex coming back was adorable. Stay healthy you old git.

We mustn't forget Man City also got a draw against Wolves. So Utd can't complain. Wolves are definitely not your normal promoted team they have made some top signings over the last couple of seasons and will be a match or better than most teams in the Premiership to be fair.

City battered Wolves TBF. A (thankfull) travesty they didn’t hammer them as their play warranted.

The goal came from Pogba losing the ball and then not tracking Moutinho.

Didn't need to make the skill, that's the annoying thing. Wasn't like he was outdone. Had played really well before that.

Unfortunately this game is basically all the evidence we need that we're competing for top 4 this season and nothing more.

All the optimism I had that we were turning a corner in last few games has been lost. Wolves fully deserved at least a point, final 15 mins we had the pressure but it was just typical Mourinho hoof ball and hope for best.

If you're going to turn after every game that isn't a win you're going to have a bad time.

If you're going to turn after every game that isn't a win you're going to have a bad time.

It's the same **** though Mike and lets not pretend it isn't? The cycle goes: -

Win a few games and look like we've learned and turned a bit of a corner.

Lose or draw silly games and that ultimately cost us any hope of challenging for a title because too inconsistent.

Think Mourinho totally ballsed it up today, don't have a clue why he suddenly reverts to hoof ball with Fellaini up top when there is still a quarter of the game left. Taking off Fred as well who was one of, if not, our most influential player.

Jheez just saw Sanchez stats since he signed for yous guys and its not good reading. Only swap deal were both teams end up as the losers.

Honestly not too mad. Wolves are a good side, but we did outplay them. Their goal came from Helder Costa going by Shaw and pulling something back, the same winger who destroyed Mendy, widely regarded as the finest LB in the division. That was a rare moment of threat from them.

Pogba was superb. Fellaini was great in his DM role again. Fred looked good. Sanchez was lively too, would've actually left him on instead of bringing on Mata, who offers **** all if he's not at #10 or hasn't got space to work with.

Negative: Valencia is finished. He makes me want to break my screen. *Gets possession, looks like it's trapped at his feet, plays backwards/square pass* *REPEAT. Why Jose, 9 months in, still hasn't tried Sanchez out wide right to take the offensive responsibility off Valencia (and start Martial on the left as a result) baffles me.
Sooner Dalot gets acclimatised to the league etc. And fully 100% over his surgery and his fitness is at the level to play consistently. Valencia should be on the bench. Been a great player for us. But he’s clearly gone fitness wise. His knees have finally given up by the looks of things. And his attacking play has been dire for about 2/3 seasons.

Here are all the goals from the u18s some right belters! https://twitter.com/fabioprod/status/1043491779503431680?s=21

Last edited:
Jheez just saw Sanchez stats since he signed for yous guys and its not good reading. Only swap deal were both teams end up as the losers.

Sanchez needs to be playing on the right. Do not understand this right sided fascination

Team Sheet for the U23's v Middlesbrough with Paul Woolston on the bench who was recently released from Newcastle and @CallumGribbin99 on the bench https://twitter.com/academyreview/status/1043821844481150976?s=21 kick off 12:45

Womans
London Bee's currently 6th in league after 1 win and 1 loss and have scored and conceded 3.

United top with 6 points after 2 wins with 15 scored and 0 conceded. Kick off today 2.

Chamberlain; Smith, A. Turner, M. Turner, Greenwood (c); Palmer, Zelem, Green; Hanson, James, Arnot.

Subs: Harris, Toone, Sigsworth, Hartley, Devlin, Roberts, Bentley.

Last edited:
City battered Wolves TBF. A (thankfull) travesty they didn’t hammer them as their play warranted.
Maybe they did but ultimately City had the same problem against Wolves as United ie they failed to put the ball in the net with the chances they had (United had chances but once again the forwards proved to not be up to the task. I'm actually surprised that Patricio didn't end up at a one of the bigger clubs especially considering the situation with Sporting when he signed he has been one **** of a signing for Wolves.

Mollie Green puts Utd ahead on 20 mins. Been one way traffic so far. Least will see plenty of wins for the u16s, 18s, 23s and women’s this season :P

Lauren James makes it 2-0 with a calmly slotted finish. 25 mins gone. And Bohui puts the u23 2-0 ahead after 75 mins.

Mollie Green makes it 3-0 on the stroke of HT with a brave header. Got studded in her face for her troubles.

Mille Turner makes it 4-0 after after 55 mins.

Sub Ella Toone make its 5-0 after 72 mins

Last edited:
Maybe they did but ultimately City had the same problem against Wolves as United ie they failed to put the ball in the net with the chances they had (United had chances but once again the forwards proved to not be up to the task. I'm actually surprised that Patricio didn't end up at a one of the bigger clubs especially considering the situation with Sporting when he signed he has been one **** of a signing for Wolves.

I know you don’t care for City at all but two completely different games.

City dominated them and Wolves were a tad fortunste to draw. From everything I’ve read and seen that was far from the case yeaterday where Wolves could consider themselves a tad unfortunate to not take home the W.

Wolves are a very good attacking side though its true. Tipped them the summer to finish the best of the rest as high as 7th. Seen little to thnk thats still not well within them.

Wolves played on the counter to be honest and it worked in that they had chances but there were also plenty of chances for the united players to finish the game off both before and after Wolves scored. Ultimately no one will remember what happened in either of the games just that it ended 1-1. Both City and United will have viewed the game as winnable and will be disappointed to only come away with draws but you have to put the ball in the net more times than the opposition to win which neither City or United managed.

The Mourinho cycle of blaming the players after the game was back also. Not being funny but if he says the players attitude isn't right then that's ultimately down to you as well. He has used this comment a few times during his United tenure and it's really annoying. It's down to the manager to get his players attitude and mentality right going into a game. Sure he can't be fully responsible, but it was not like he was referring to one individual.

I didn't see too much wrong in that regard, he obviously did, but should think before saying stuff like that.

Jeez we drew against a good Wolves side. Should be winning yes. So should City be beating them and Chelsea beating WHU. Results happen like this throughout the season. Let’s see where we all are after May!

I swear reading TD's opinions feels like reading party propaganda back here in the commie days. Every win is a massive progress, we're improving hugely, our great leader is working his magic. Bad result? Oh it happens sometimes.

It's not about one bad result, it's the fact that bloke is in his 3rd year, spend a fortune and you're still as inconsistent as when he started. Two steps forward, one step back is basically his entire tenure so far.

What was the narrative when he signed? Jose is a proven winner, he guarantees trophies, he plays offensive football, he gets the best out of his players who are all willing to die for him. What turned out? He's a proven drawer, guaranteed trophies are nowhere to be seen, half of the squad has regressed including some of his own transfers, and as for offensive football, don't make me laugh.

You'd give both of your nuts to have either Klopp, Guardiola or Sarri and you know it. Yeah, anything can happen but as it looks so far you seem poised for another battle for Wenger trophy.

I swear reading TD's opinions feels like reading party propaganda back here in the commie days. Every win is a massive progress, we're improving hugely, our great leader is working his magic. Bad result? Oh it happens sometimes.

It's not about one bad result, it's the fact that bloke is in his 3rd year, spend a fortune and you're still as inconsistent as when he started. Two steps forward, one step back is basically his entire tenure so far.

What was the narrative when he signed? Jose is a proven winner, he guarantees trophies, he plays offensive football, he gets the best out of his players who are all willing to die for him. What turned out? He's a proven drawer, guaranteed trophies are nowhere to be seen, half of the squad has regressed including some of his own transfers, and as for offensive football, don't make me laugh.

You'd give both of your nuts to have either Klopp, Guardiola or Sarri and you know it. Yeah, anything can happen but as it looks so far you seem poised for another battle for Wenger trophy.

Gotta love his optimism though but at this point its still early in the season and the only thing going for Mourinho is that he is Mourinho and he will turn it around somehow. Then again it could be the same mental gymnastics I was doing back when Rafa lost the plot towards the end.

UNDER 16's: Congrats to our #MUFCu16 side who have qualified for the Premier League National Finals.

They won their group which contained Everton, Liverpool & Man City.

They topped the group after beating Everton on pens. Mipo Odubeko scored, Dermot Mee saved the Everton pen.

Both goals from the u23s yesterday
https://twitter.com/fabioprod/status/1043862520094752768?s=21

Last edited:

Good post!

Back