The Manchester United Thread

The wages are stupid, even if we make money commercially, the club still has to be run the right way on the footballing side of things. Right now it is just a commercial circus disguised as Manchester United.

How many players we have that justify the wages they are on with their performances...... a handful at best and that’s the most worrying thing. There is no way this will be resolved when players can sit around and earn loads here. It’s no wonder we can’t get rid of certain players.

I still say he's a ******* fraud.
Spends every waking moment telling the world he's a top player and the Muppets started believing him.

I feel like I'm in an alternate reality when I listen to the praise he gets from people.
Plays like a hobbled donkey, chucks in one nice diagonal ball and fans would happily bend over for him.

I wouldn't let the **** captain a kick about on the green... Never mind a premier League club.

I still say he's a ******* fraud.
Spends every waking moment telling the world he's a top player and the Muppets started believing him.

I feel like I'm in an alternate reality when I listen to the praise he gets from people.
Plays like a hobbled donkey, chucks in one nice diagonal ball and fans would happily bend over for him.

I wouldn't let the **** captain a kick about on the green... Never mind a premier League club.

i have to agree to a certain extent,has so much talent but doesnt do enough imo.Its a depressing time to be a utd fan right now but ive definitely known worse.interesting to see how this ends but at the minute it really does look like pogba wants out.And as for making a big profit on him,why and how??has he justified the fee we paid?if he goes to juve or barca he will be straight into a side that is already the best in its league and will be easier than battling it out in the pl but who knows what will go down.

I think the City game comes first (11 Nov), I have a feeling that will be the game that decides his future to be honest, with any luck Woodward and his scattergun approach to transfers will also be made to revert to what he is best at ie getting sponsorship deals sorted.
Sounds like a good plan. Lets hope Glazers can use their brain cells and think of something.

Agreed. But he's 25 years old, and could you name a better suited captain? Besides, him outing Mourinho, as wrong as it is in principle, is in the best interest of the club too. Does anyone else have the balls to do that? It's good enough for me

Gerrard, Terry and Veira were all younger when they got the armband. Age doesn't matter, you either have it or you don't. I have no love for Mourinho, but to his credit he at least tried to extend the olive branch. He praised Paul in the media, he gave him the armband, and Paul just keeps starting ****. First it was the Barca rumors, now this. So I gotta give this one to Jose, Pogba is a ****.

Gerrard, Terry and Veira were all younger when they got the armband. Age doesn't matter, you either have it or you don't. I have no love for Mourinho, but to his credit he at least tried to extend the olive branch. He praised Paul in the media, he gave him the armband, and Paul just keeps starting ****. First it was the Barca rumors, now this. So I gotta give this one to Jose, Pogba is a ****.

Mourninho also called Hazard better than Ronaldo, whilst Hazard flirted with Madrid and essentially got Jose sacked with some of the worst, most obvious cases of not trying for a manager I can recall. At least Pogba, through all his bullshit, is still actually performing on the pitch. Wondering if Hazards a **** and an idiot, or if it’s only one way. Alc?

This is getting beyond embarrassing. Wouldn't say Pogba is a fraud as he clearly has the ability. Problem is he hasn't shown it anywhere near enough for United.

Don't know how this ends but hopefully it doesn't all explode for our season sake.. what we are aiming for now at least.. top 4 seems a challenge in itself.

Mourninho also called Hazard better than Ronaldo, whilst Hazard flirted with Madrid and essentially got Jose sacked with some of the worst, most obvious cases of not trying for a manager I can recall. At least Pogba, through all his bullshit, is still actually performing on the pitch. Wondering if Hazards a **** and an idiot, or if it’s only one way.

So everything is fine because similar thing happened in a club notorious for losing control over player power? I don't think you wanna go there mate.

Mourinho always finds a way to divert attention from his own mistakes by engaging in a public ******* contest with one/some of his players, usually by questioning their loyalty and desire. Better for him if the player is a big star. That way, he can keep the narrative that his good work was sabotaged by some of his players and walks out with his head held high from the disaster that follows.

Well after all this, it turns out it was a massive miscommunication

Whatever it was, the very fact that manager has to take time out of his day to micromanage people's private social media postings speaks volumes. Poor bloke is basically a glorified babysitter for a team of spoiled manchildren.

Heck, I can relate, Jose has half a century on me but I see similar **** at work. Most young folks are okay, but every now and then you get a kid for whom smartphone is basically a 5th limb and they're insufferable to interact with. Can't keep eye contact, can't focus in team meetings because he/she keeps peaking at her FB feed all the time, thinking they're being discreet. Now imagine they're aren't an intern on minimum wage but a spoiled multimillionaire and that you have to manage them. Stuff of nightmares.

Mourninho also called Hazard better than Ronaldo, whilst Hazard flirted with Madrid and essentially got Jose sacked with some of the worst, most obvious cases of not trying for a manager I can recall. At least Pogba, through all his bullshit, is still actually performing on the pitch. Wondering if Hazards a **** and an idiot, or if it’s only one way. Alc?

You do realize he stopped playing after Carneiro got sacked and abused for coming to treat him on the pitch. Whereas Pogba is acting like a **** because Mourinho criticized his footballing performances and instagram posts...

Oh, didn't know that... in that case, his actions were completely justifiable....top class professional for the club who paid him millions that season.... NOT. Can't have it both ways.

Pogba's acting like this because he wants Mourinho out, plain and simple, just like Hazard did. Two different approaches, except ones being as subtle as a brick about it, whilst still performing on the pitch, and the other was slyly under-performing. Both as bad as each other when you break it down and weigh it up, can't subcategorize and say one situation wasn't as bad as the other based on their incentives lol. Tomayto Tomahto.

At the end of the day, Raiola & Pogba know what they're doing; putting the club in a "it's either me or Jose" situation, and there's only going to be one winner there with everything considered, which in the end, will be in the best interest of this football club. Agree with the actions or not, in the bigger picture, it is in the best interest. If (and when, fingers crossed) 2-3 years down the line Pogba's lifting the PL trophy as United captain and Jose watches on from his TV in his hotel room at Guangzhou Evergrande, we'll look back at this debate with laughter.

Oh, didn't know that... in that case, his actions were completely justifiable....top class professional for the club who paid him millions that season.... NOT. Can't have it both ways.

Pogba's acting like this because he wants Mourinho out, plain and simple, just like Hazard did. Two different approaches, except ones being as subtle as a brick about it, whilst still performing on the pitch, and the other was slyly under-performing. Both as bad as each other when you break it down and weigh it up, can't subcategorize and say one situation wasn't as bad as the other based on their incentives lol. Tomayto Tomahto.

At the end of the day, Raiola & Pogba know what they're doing; putting the club in a "it's either me or Jose" situation, and there's only going to be one winner there with everything considered, which in the end, will be in the best interest of this football club. Agree with the actions or not, in the bigger picture, it is in the best interest. If (and when, fingers crossed) 2-3 years down the line Pogba's lifting the PL trophy as United captain and Jose watches on from his TV in his hotel room at Guangzhou Evergrande, we'll look back at this debate with laughter.

Whats funny is you trying to equate two vastly different situations and thinking Hazard was under-performing purposefully when its more likely his confidence and morale was completely shot.

But anyways, Jose is your problem now :)

Given that this group of players was apparently first feuding with Moyes, then with Van Gaal and now with Mourinho, I don't know where the optimism is coming from that sacking Jose will just magically fix everything. If the goal of football club is to make players happy, just hire Riley Reid as a manager. I'm sure they would stop complaining immediately.

David 'football genius' Moyes... LvG, who had the most boring style in England.. and Jose Mourinho? Some similarities there mate.

Modern top players want to play under modern, attacking coaches. Simple as. See any Liverpool players feuding at Klopp? Spurs players at Poch? Despite both being less successful than Mourinho's United trophy-wise. ****, Poch is technically less successful than LvG's United ffs. It's how the modern players are, whether you agree with it or not is a different topic.

You think Pogba, probably the most talented CM in world football (not necessarily the best/most efficient) wants to take less risks, sit in & weather storms frequently against inferior opposition and have little-to-no movement in front of him when he sees how Mane/Firmino/Salah move each week, or sees the platform Pep provides De Bruyne?

You think Martial, a touted Balon D'Or talent, who watches the likes of Mbappe win a World Cup with MATUIDI taking his spot on the other flank, or Raheem Sterling sit in the box week in/week out and tap in cut-back's & low crosses for fun each week under Guardiola, wants to do ugly work of being an auxiliary full-back/perform as a flat LM like Damien Duff? Nope. He wants to be high as possible and playing like he was at Monaco/under LvG. He wants the role Hazard's afforded under Sarri, or Salah under Klopp...Not even top 6 clubs, even Zaha for Palace.

Again, whether you agree with that modern player mentality or not is a separate issue. It's never been more of an attackers game, and they want to attack more than ever now. So yes, I do think hiring an expansive, modern coach would help happiness, morale & eventually (or immediately, check out Sarri) performance.

Last edited:
Back