The Manchester United Thread

Utd ladies 3-0 atm vs Palace away. Lizzie Arnot with 2 gls assists by Hanson and Greenwood. 3rd was a great long range curling effort from Mollie Green.

4-0 captain Greenwood from the spot :)

5-0 Mollie Green with her second.

Last edited:
Martin O'Neill: Very impressive young lad as Nicky **** said to Roy Keane about him. He is a quiet guy who has done very well indeed. I've been impressed with him as a person and as a player. I think he has a very bright future. It is a great experience for him. #COYBIG

O’Neill talking about Lee O’Connor ahead of making his full Ireland debut tonight aged 18 :)

Great performance by Lindelöf tonight topping it off with a goal. Just need to get him a good partner now. Hopefully Bailly! If not maybe Alderweireld in Jan.

See Bristol city manager confirmed we have held talks over the possible transfer of 20yr CB/LB England u21 international. Lloyd Kelly.

Last edited:
UNDER 23's: XI v West Brom

Kovar
Warren, Poole (c), R. Williams, O'Connor
Whelan, Hamilton, Buffonge
Barlow, Dearnley, Chong.

Subs: Woolston (GK), Ercolani, Tanner, Stanley, Bohui.

1st time in the U23's for Connor Stanley while it seems Gomes/Garner rested for U19 UYL game. Be a tough match as WBA have put 5 players in there line up that are regular 1st teamers looking for fitness. Including 15m signing Oliver Burke.

0-0 after 25 mins. Utd had 2 good peno shouts turned down. Buffonge had a good effort go just wide. And Barlows effort was deflected wide of the post. Dearnley has put in some great crosses. And Buffonge and Barlow been good in the CM. Chong quite.

0-0 HT. Should be 2-0 up Hamilton missed 2 great chances at the end of the first half.

1-0 WBA after Utd dominates the early stages of the second half and missing some good chances. Barlow switched off at the back post to give there winger a free header from a hopeful cross.

Finished 1-1 Bohui came of the bench to rescue a point in the 88th min. Went to **** after we conceded and stopped playing. This teams nothing without Garner, Gomes, Greenwood, Baars to give us something going forward.

Last edited:
At Aon Training Complex
Kick off at 11 am
Live on MUTV

Lineups
DswhFxzW0AA-82l.jpg

1-0 Utd. Great work by McCann in the box with some quick feet. Gets brought down and Levitt puts away the peno.

1-1 after 40 mins. Absolute brain dead challenge by Williams in the box. Fiorrini puts in the peno. 1-2 to City another stupid penalty given away Fiorini scores again. To being in control the last 20 mins to giving 2 brain dead penalties away. FFS!

Get in 2-2 after 56 mins. Great link up play between Traore and Greenwood on the right. Resulting in Greenwood long range effort being parried and slotted in by Mellor.

3-2 Utd. Greenwood gets slotted in nicks the ball pass the on rushing keeper who brings him down. Levitt scores from the spot again. 70 mins gone. The switch to 3 at the back has got us back in charge and Aliou Traire turning beast mode in CM.

3-3 City with a fortune bounce of the ball in the box. Falls to Palmer who puts it away. Great game now. End to end and lots of challenges. City keeper just pulled off a worldie to deny Greenwood.

3-3 FT.

Last edited:
******* *****! Manager needs to go but he’s not all to blame. Ed wants to **** off and get a DOF and do his sponsor ship deals. The club needs to give the next manager what he asks for. And most importantly fir me these ******* players need to give there head a wobble. Should be an honour to play for this great club. The least I expect is some intensity and desire and heart and passion. Should be ******* ashamed. Lindelöf apart.

Saw that Lukaku hasnt scored at Old Trafford since March or something along those lines. Whats happened to him, he was pretty good last season.

Saw that Lukaku hasnt scored at Old Trafford since March or something along those lines. Whats happened to him, he was pretty good last season.
No service gets lucky to get one chance a game. People slag him off but what’s he to do with no ball and no service. Today he got one good cross and forced a class save out of Henersey.

Great result against in form team. United managed to keep the clean sheet and almost score a goal. You can clearly see United lacks forwards, I think Manager should get at least 40m more so he can bring another left winger.
Matic was instrumental in this game. His sideway passes and holding onto a ball for 30 sec was key in holding a rampaging C-Palace and their progressive manager scoreless. Later in the game his long balls to Fellaini almost found Rashford.
Speaking of Uniteds strikers, did you see Lukaku today? He looks big! Like really BIG! I think C-Palace CBs were scared of him, thats the only explanation why they didnt bomb forward. Imagine the embarrassment if their CB had more shots then Uniteds front 3! Now that would be something. Props to United and Manager.

Just seen the Fellaini ‘tattle.’

Leg breaker. Shocker how the thug didn’t see red for that.

This is Mourinho worst work. Ever.

We have to change management and sign a proper director of football. And take the football related issues from the hands of this freaking clueless board.

Oh, and rebuild this squad.

Honestly sick of this bollox, everyone thinks after one or two fluke results that Mourinho is turning it around. It's just a constant cycle of one step forward, three steps back. It's not all Mourinho's fault, but a large portion is, his tactics are am embarrassment to a club like United, relying on long-ball as usual against Crystal Palace to try and nick a win. We're behind teams in terms of footballing style who had only like few months with their teams such as Sarri/Emery let alone those that have had years such as Pep.

I didn't even bother watching or listening to the match yesterday, as it's just not even worth it. This board has no bottle whatsoever and we've just allowed this season to go like this. It was inevitable right from the start when Mourinho was ******** about everything and anything. Like I say, at least Madrid board has the bottle to keep identity and success of the club in footballing sense, even though they are total shithouses.

Well done Mr.Woodward for ruining a great club and how long is it until he ****** off? I don't give a **** what he does commercially, in a footballing sense he is ****** useless.

Mourinho is still here because they haven't got s better option. But he's toast. Club needs a wake up call and fast.

Mourinho is still here because they haven't got s better option. But he's toast. Club needs a wake up call and fast.

If we leave it too late again and miss out on CL then I can't see us attracting the managers we even should want though. It's just a mess really.

I honestly don't think it's bad tactics or bad squad or bad transfers or whatever. Jose's biggest strength was always man management. His first Chelsea side, his Inter, his Madrid, they were coming onto the pitch as if they were about to go all Genghis Khan on the other team. It wasn't always pretty but it was always total warfare.

You really don't see any of that anymore. Seems like he just can't connect with new generation of players.

Has woodward actuallly not signed anyone asked for by Mourinho, bar a cb (when he'd just bought 2 anyway).

Has woodward actuallly not signed anyone asked for by Mourinho, bar a cb (when he'd just bought 2 anyway).
Wanted Perisic last season. And a winger and CB this summer.

Anyway in more interesting news :)

1f44a.png
Matchday!
26bd.png
#MUWomen v Millwall
23f0.png
12:00 GMT
1f4cd.png
@LSVStadium
1f3c6.png
@FAWC_
1f4fa.png
#MUTV (11:45 GMT)
1f534.png
Come on!

1-0 to Utd atm after 15 Lauren James with the goal. Least I get some excitement watching the women and all the youth sides ;) 2-0 now Mollie Green with the second after 34 mins. 3-0 now Zelem with a great 25 yrd free kick in the top corner after 36 mins.

Lol 4-0 now after 39 mins. Short corner to Mollie Green who curls a great effort from a tight angle into the top corner.

Last edited:
Back