The Manchester United Thread

The squad is decent enough. There is plenty there for a title challenge. It's not being used to anywhere near its potential

Another thing worth pointing out, is that Jose used to be great at dealing with the media, but he evidently doesn't understand that these aren't 2005 media anymore.

Week after week he ends up in the middle of some pseudo-controversy. I remember watching some of his conferences at Chelsea and it was immediately obvious that what he actually says and how he acts isn't nearly as bad as what was reported.

Everything is about clickbait nowadays and he didn't learn that lesson. If you watch Pochettino, dude is a master at talking and somehow never saying anything of note.

Second half underway. Utd make it 5-0 with Mollie Green getting her hattrick after 49 mins.

Ella Toone makes it 6-0 after being on the pitch 5 mins as a sub. Another great goal curled into the top corner from a tight angle from about 30 yards out.

GK Fran Bentley makes her debut at 17 coming on for Sobihain Chamberlain. Came from City.

Last edited:
Another thing worth pointing out, is that Jose used to be great at dealing with the media, but he evidently doesn't understand that these aren't 2005 media anymore.

Week after week he ends up in the middle of some pseudo-controversy. I remember watching some of his conferences at Chelsea and it was immediately obvious that what he actually says and how he acts isn't nearly as bad as what was reported.

Everything is about clickbait nowadays and he didn't learn that lesson. If you watch Pochettino, dude is a master at talking and somehow never saying anything of note.

He's was really good at making the club/players/fans buy into the "Us vs Them" mentality before they even hit the pitch. I think everyone, players included have prob seen behind the curtain too much for it to be as effective anymore.

At least you're watching it TD like you said you would :)

Although I still think it's silly they have to play with male-sized goals.

For me the squad is more than good enough like Mike said.

But it you can’t give the manager a new contract then tell him he can’t have the players he thinks he needs.

Completely agree on the new contract and backing him. There’s absolutely NO excuse for doing what Utd did over the CH’s this summer after they extended him. You extend him early, he’s your man and you live or die by what he wants. Extending him early was where the issue lies .....

But nah, as regards the playing staff, Utd are a good ways behind City and L’pool now. No question you should be doing a heck of a lot better. And should be playing attacking football with the young attacking talent at his disposal. But a sinple rule of thumb is a combined XI with tiur conpetitors. For many years, a L’pool/ Utd combined XI would be heavilly weighted in Utd’s favour. Now, you’d have no more than De Gea and Pogba. And the way Alisson is playing, De Gea’s a wash this season. City I’m not even sure you’d take Pogba. And that’s just a best XI before you start on the squad.

The leagues massively moved on the last few years and even above and beyond Mourinho, who’s the single biggest issue of all issues at Utd, your squad is nowhere near a title challenging one if we’re brutaly honest.

That’s the cold stark reality of just how far Utd have fallen. So reminicent of L’pool the majority of the PL, making the same stupid mistakes, it’s untrue.

Completely agree on the new contract and backing him. There’s absolutely NO excuse for doing what Utd did over the CH’s this summer after they extended him. You extend him early, he’s your man and you live or die by what he wants. Extending him early was where the issue lies .....

But nah, as regards the playing staff, Utd are a good ways behind City and L’pool now. No question you should be doing a heck of a lot better. And should be playing attacking football with the young attacking talent at his disposal. But a sinple rule of thumb is a combined XI with tiur conpetitors. For many years, a L’pool/ Utd combined XI would be heavilly weighted in Utd’s favour. Now, you’d have no more than De Gea and Pogba. And the way Alisson is playing, De Gea’s a wash this season. City I’m not even sure you’d take Pogba. And that’s just a best XI before you start on the squad.

The leagues massively moved on the last few years and even above and beyond Mourinho, who’s the single biggest issue of all issues at Utd, your squad is nowhere near a title challenging one if we’re brutaly honest.

That’s the cold stark reality of just how far Utd have fallen. So reminicent of L’pool the majority of the PL, making the same stupid mistakes, it’s untrue.
Dont agree tbh mate. Maybe on form but if you put

DDG
Dalot-Bailly-Lindelöf-Shaw
Herrera
Fred-Pogba
Sanchez-Lukaku-Martial

On paper that’s as good if not better than in some position than Pools team. That team under Guardiola would walk this league.

Dont agree tbh mate. Maybe on form but if you put

DDG
Dalot-Bailly-Lindelöf-Shaw
Herrera
Fred-Pogba
Sanchez-Lukaku-Martial

On paper that’s as good if not better than in some position than Pools team. That team under Guardiola would walk this league.

On quality and side on paper it is so so, but the biggest influence is still the mentality of players and how seems they just don care. Is it weak mentality or it is rotting so hard with that manager.

how good was Rashford for England in last game? But Mourinho logic is to bring Lukakapoo back and bench Rashford as well as Sanchez who we have looked better with him up top. Sorry but Mourinho is making so many errors that at this point I'm literally unsure if he is just trolling the board. He definitely is a man wanting out, don't care what anyone says.

As regards to the squad quality, is it good enough for title contention? No.. Top 4? Yes, with the right manager I believe it is very achievable. Just look at Pochettino, he is basically a glowing example of how Mourinho should of handled a squad this season, he never threw his toys out the pram because he didn't get a player.

But lets be brutally honest, Pochettino is just miles ahead of Mourinho as a man manager and tactically much more modern. I agree with the journalists, Mourinho just looks like a manager of yesterday now, he is finished.

On quality and side on paper it is so so, but the biggest influence is still the mentality of players and how seems they just don care. Is it weak mentality or it is rotting so hard with that manager.

Pretty much guaranteed it's the manager, few weeks ago he was praising Shaw saying how difficult it had been for him to make this comeback after almost losing his leg. Now this week reports came out of Mourinho saying Shaw, Martial are mentally weak players. He is a walking contradiction, this guy will do anything to deflect the **** job he is doing.

I don't really blame the players, who would be motivated by this manager? Someone who keeps going to the press and mocking them. At the start of the season made it clear what he thinks about young players and continues to show that. Then we get on to the style of football, which doesn't match United identity in any way.

I'll just say this again, Pereira looked great at start of season, then we lose to Brighton 3-2.... the whole team was bad... Pereira has not been seen since. Yet his old favourite Nemanja Static Matic has been **** for months, never dropped...... how awful he was again yesterday too. Then Lukaku it took him months to drop him, Mourinho sticks to his little crowd... one rule for them and anyone else who doesn't lick his ****, another rule for them.

Excuse my little rant, my god Mourinho is just a ****! If they are mentally weak then he is to blame as well by his actions!

But lets be brutally honest, Pochettino is just miles ahead of Mourinho as a man manager and tactically much more modern. I agree with the journalists, Mourinho just looks like a manager of yesterday now, he is finished.

Sry for off topic, but talking about Poch and Spurs, **** how the **** he made Sissoko play so good and he dominated mid against Chelsea. Every game he plays better and better. Not that he is technical etc, Poch has made him use the strength he has - tall, strong, fast, awkwardness and surprising decisions. Fused with wish and need to play for Spurs.

Some read to cheer u up a bit.
Moussa Sissoko, Tottenham’s anarcho-syndicalist, many-limbed enigma, weaves Chelsea into his dizzying vortex of chaos

Lots of reports in Spain saying we’ve offered Andrea Berta a deal to join next season from Atletico Madrid. God please be true! Most likely not :(

Lots of reports in Spain saying we’ve offered Andrea Berta a deal to join next season from Atletico Madrid. God please be true! Most likely not :(

It says this on Sport Witness

“The sporting director of Atletico Madrid, Andrea Berta, has an offer from Manchester United as long as Mourinho does not continue as coach. He now has a renewal offer from Atletico also and his harmony with the ccolchonero club is total.”

Interesting....

It says this on Sport Witness

“The sporting director of Atletico Madrid, Andrea Berta, has an offer from Manchester United as long as Mourinho does not continue as coach. He now has a renewal offer from Atletico also and his harmony with the ccolchonero club is total.”

Interesting....
Yeah read that. Can’t see any chance of him being hear next season. Unless he pulls of a miracle and wins the CL and FA Cup lol. In Marca and a few other places they mention the renewal offer. But also says he would like a new challenge.

See the defence crises has struck again. No Rojo, Darmian and Mourinho has confirmed Lindelöf will be out a while. And Valencia and Dalot are struggling for fitness.

Back