The Manchester United Thread

Obviously my been following Courtois at Madrid then? It’s early days, but they’re already calling for his head. Fan power
Wouldn't put too much stock in it, Madrid as a whole have been pretty bad this season. Besides, their fans are kinda toxic, and have no patience. They were calling for Modric's head in his first season too, IIRC.

didn't think is was that long...

Since Romelu Lukaku last scored a goal at Old Trafford ‣

Manchester City have scored 83 goals ‣
Alexis Sanchez has received £12m in wages ‣
Lewis Hamilton has won 11 Grand Prix's ‣
Real Madrid have had 3 different managers ‣
Kylian Mbappe has won 4 trophies

didn't think is was that long...

Since Romelu Lukaku last scored a goal at Old Trafford ‣

Manchester City have scored 83 goals ‣
Alexis Sanchez has received £12m in wages ‣
Lewis Hamilton has won 11 Grand Prix's ‣
Real Madrid have had 3 different managers ‣
Kylian Mbappe has won 4 trophies

Worst thing is he's offering **** all else when he's not scoring. At least last season you could see the progress in is touch, link-play, etc. but he's been utter garbage this season, back to square one. He's also ****** up key opportunities too, and some in massive moments, so I'm not buying the "he's had no service" narrative (Spurs open goal among others). What's annoying me too lately is how he keeps talking the talk, it cringes the **** outta me how he says he's Jose's favourite...for a 6ft3, God knows how many stone weight lump of a lad, he's just a little yes-man who needs to get his head down and focus on upping his game on the pitch & with his team-mates instead of trying to make Daddy proud in interviews! Anyone else ever see him do something half decent (like tracking back, pressing & intercepting, etc) and look over to the bench to see if Jose saw it? LOL

He also has no right to get edgy when fans questioned his first touch, weight gain, etc. because they're all valid concerns/criticism.

DtEhIW3WoAA_Oes.jpg:large

Worst thing is he's offering **** all else when he's not scoring. At least last season you could see the progress in is touch, link-play, etc. but he's been utter garbage this season, back to square one. He's also ****** up key opportunities too, and some in massive moments, so I'm not buying the "he's had no service" narrative (Spurs open goal among others). What's annoying me too lately is how he keeps talking the talk, it cringes the **** outta me how he says he's Jose's favourite...for a 6ft3, God knows how many stone weight lump of a lad, he's just a little yes-man who needs to get his head down and focus on upping his game on the pitch & with his team-mates instead of trying to make Daddy proud in interviews! Anyone else ever see him do something half decent (like tracking back, pressing & intercepting, etc) and look over to the bench to see if Jose saw it? LOL

He also has no right to get edgy when fans questioned his first touch, weight gain, etc. because they're all valid concerns/criticism.

DtEhIW3WoAA_Oes.jpg:large

Because he's ******* knackered and has no pre season, and rather than rotate him back in, we've flogged the **** out-of him and now he's injured. It's the same with Matic. And he has had virtually no device, one of our forwards really have. It's undeniable, take a look at our chances created. Comfortably the worst of the top six. So if our fans want to talk about valid concerns, they should be talking about Mourinho.

Last edited:
Because he's ******* knackered and has no pre season, and rather than rotate him back in, we've flogged the **** out-of him and now he's injured. It's the same with Matic. And he has had virtually no device, one of our forwards really have. It's undeniable, take a look at our chances created. Comfortably the worst of the top six. So if our fans want to talk about valid concerns, they should be talking about Mourinho.

Doesnt excuse the overgain of weight/muscle mass and being Jose’s little soldier in interviews. As for José, there’s comfortably 20+ posts on here from me RE: him.

I defended Lukaku as much as anyone last season, but I’m calling a spade a spade here

Doesnt excuse the overgain of weight/muscle mass and being Jose’s little soldier in interviews. As for José, there’s comfortably 20+ posts on here from me RE: him.

I defended Lukaku as much as anyone last season, but I’m calling a spade a spade here

That's exactly what happens though. Pre season is conditoning, he's had none. And he's part of the leadership, supporting the manager in that position is part of his ******* job. What do you want him to be doing, laying into him? If you're picking on Lukaku of all things you are spectacularly missing the point

Come on now. I'm all for Mourinho bashing, but blaming the manager for Lukaku's excessive weight is just silly. Hazard went through the same World Cup campaign and lack of pre-season as Lukaku, and he's tearing the league to shreds.

Heck, let's take a look at big strong players who are naturally more prone to gaining weight. Mandzukic, is 10 years older, had a brutal World Cup, reaching the final through a chain of 120 minute games. Is he overweight? Nope. How about Kane? Giroud? Lewandowski? Your own Fellaini? Newp.

Everybody gets knackered after the World Cup, but the only way a professional athlete looks like that is poor dietary habits.

Come on now. I'm all for Mourinho bashing, but blaming the manager for Lukaku's excessive weight is just silly. Hazard went through the same World Cup campaign and lack of pre-season as Lukaku, and he's tearing the league to shreds.

Heck, let's take a look at big strong players who are naturally more prone to gaining weight. Mandzukic, is 10 years older, had a brutal World Cup, reaching the final through a chain of 120 minute games. Is he overweight? Nope. How about Kane? Giroud? Lewandowski? Your own Fellaini? Newp.

Everybody gets knackered after the World Cup, but the only way a professional athlete looks like that is poor dietary habits.

Hazard was brought back generally and was actually looked after by Sarri. Fellaini also has had lots of time. Lukaku was brought back early, despite already being shattered from last season, and is picking up injuries.

And the bold is wrong, quite literally wrong.

Last edited:
Southampton are spectacularly awful at home and are managed by Mark ************' Hughes.

This game should be called managers dancing on ice, whoever loses should get the sack.

Since the end of last season:

Lukaku - 1840 minutes
Hazard - 1830 minutes

You simply cannot make a case that one is being overworked and the other one had it easy.

And no, it's not wrong. Top athlete who is already in top shape cannot possibly grow this big in mere few months without either doping like a horse or gaining excessive weight. We know he's not juicing because he's playing like ****, therefore it's excessive weight. And the only way you get this much excessive weight while playing exhaustive games and training hard every week is when you're not taking proper care of yourself. Calories in> calories out = more weight. It's literally physics.

Since the end of last season:

Lukaku - 1840 minutes
Hazard - 1830 minutes

You simply cannot make a case that one is being overworked and the other one had it easy.

And no, it's not wrong. Top athlete who is already in top shape cannot possibly grow this big in mere few months without either doping like a horse or gaining excessive weight. We know he's not juicing because he's playing like ****, therefore it's excessive weight. And the only way you get this much excessive weight while playing exhaustive games and training hard every week is when you're not taking proper care of yourself. Calories in> calories out = more weight. It's literally physics.

Hazard was gradually introduced back. Which means even though they have played the same amount of minutes, Hazard has a longer rest and better conditioning. Even Sarri has spoken about this

Also its not physics, its biology, and its a lot more complicated than calories in, calories out.

That's why he has support of a $2 billion corporation solving all the complications. It's a simple process of eliminating the improbable explanations. I'm not buying that organization who could make 41-year old Giggs looks as sharp as when he was 18, couldn't find a way for Lukaku to not be what seems to be at least 20 pounds overweight. Not when there's hundreds of players who somehow didn't double in size despite also missing this year's pre-season .

The only remaining explanation is somebody likes pizza a little bit too much.

That's why he has support of a $2 billion corporation solving all the complications. It's a simple process of eliminating the improbable explanations. I'm not buying that organization who could make 41-year old Giggs looks as sharp as when he was 18, couldn't find a way for Lukaku to not be what seems to be at least 20 pounds overweight. Not when there's hundreds of players who somehow didn't double in size despite also missing this year's pre-season .

The only remaining explanation is somebody likes pizza a little bit too much.

Half the team is suffering from poor condition FFS, we're picking up loads of hamstring injuries, players are over exerted, barely any of our long world cup campaign players are playing well (not that many others are)

Completely random question United fans, but how is James Wilson getting on Nowadays? I remember he used to turn into a beast a few FMs ago, but Ive not heard much of him recently?

Completely random question United fans, but how is James Wilson getting on Nowadays? I remember he used to turn into a beast a few FMs ago, but Ive not heard much of him recently?
Hes done at the potential top level. Great talent natural finisher and fast as **** before his injury. Injury has done for him like Will Keane unfortunately. He’s lost his pace and confidence and composure infront of goal. Only upside for him atm is he is getting games and staying fit for once. 2 gls in 10 or 11 games this season. Out of contract in the summer.

So much for Dalot starting today Jose..... another bullshit lineup... don't give a **** if we win. McTominay, Metic and Fellaini all in the same lineup you deserve to be fired. Martial dropped after a couple of bad games, no surprise there.

This lineup is pure garbage..... I know injury to Smalling supposedly but wtf why replace him with McTominay.

Back