The Manchester United Thread

Mourinho is only saying what ferguson has already said. I would back mourinho myself.

http://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.m...news/man-utd-pogba-ferguson-news-15208874.amp

Can't back Mourinho over anything when you see the football we're playing and how he contradicts himself over virtually everything. Does he ever do this kind of **** to his favourites like Matic. who has been awful for months?

I can only truly judge our players under a new manager now, there are so many players that are not performing, why single out one, he wants to deflect blame on a scapegoat.

Plus I believe that Mourinho calling Pogba a virus story was on the morning of the Southampton match...... very helpful.

Mourinho's latest contradiction..... teams like Arsenal have it easier because they are in Europa League and can rest important players in those games. Right? Now cast your mind back to when Mourinho won the Europa League, did he rest important players in those games? Not at all, majority of the time even in the group we played first team. I won't even get on to the Everton have spent a lot this season comment..... just embarrassing at this point. Playing on Thursday and then at the weekend is actually harder anyway.

I'm starting to think the real star wasn't Mourinho, it was actually Rui Faria. All a bit odd to me how we are shipping goals for fun as soon as he has left but last season we had a very good organised defence. We don't even have that now, not like the personnel has changed either.

Yeah, one team can always have a drop in form, but there's no chance two teams allow you to catch up to 11 point difference.

Yeah I think 5th is still a stretch at the moment.

What if City win it this season? Does that mean potentially ANOTHER spot for England? 6th place we may have a chance :-)
They are most people's favorites and I can't see them getting booted half-way through the competition. But maybe I am wrong, would UEFA boot them and give a team a bye?

Not being funny but our standards have fallen so low seemingly as a club it's ****** scary. We drew Crystal Palace at home 0-0, Brighton thump them 3-0 with ten men for majority of the game!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP UNITED BOARD AND REALISE THIS IS ****. WOODWARD THINKS WE ARE ONE OF THE BIGGEST CLUBS IN THE WORLD AND ALLOWS THAT.

------

Regarding tonight vs Arsenal, I have no clue what to think anymore. They haven't won at Old Trafford in 11 years, even David Moyes beat these. LVG also with an injury ravaged team when they were going for title. We always beat Arsenal, but if they play anything like they did vs Spurs.... I dread to think what they will do to us.

Yeah I think 5th is still a stretch at the moment.

What if City win it this season? Does that mean potentially ANOTHER spot for England? 6th place we may have a chance :-)
They are most people's favorites and I can't see them getting booted half-way through the competition. But maybe I am wrong, would UEFA boot them and give a team a bye?
I have a feeling couple of good lawyers would make a complete pig's breakfast of the whole thing. I mean it's basically a case of UEFA threatening to ban City for a scandal that UEFA itself helped make happen in a first place.

I have a feeling couple of good lawyers would make a complete pig's breakfast of the whole thing. I mean it's basically a case of UEFA threatening to ban City for a scandal that UEFA itself helped make happen in a first place.

FFP has been somewhat of a sucess and works fine when clubs play within the rules.

Not a bad lineup but Jones has suddenly disappeared again, this is exactly the problem with him and Smalling. There is absolutely no consistency with them, I don't even know how they are still here. Considering Mourinho started off so well being effectively ruthless with Rooney, I don't get why he hasn't got rid of Jones/Smalling.

Actually the more I look at it and work out what formation we're using..... it's not so good. 5 at the back formation with 3 CB's who haven't played together all season. Pogba on the bench and no Fred/Pereira in the squad either.

Think this could be a shambles or a sneaky win for us without playing well. Even a draw isn't much good for us at this stage.

Good to see Herrera getting a run of games now. Was the time. Should be one of the first names on the sheet. Hope Dalot has another solid performance.

Good to see Herrera getting a run of games now. Was the time. Should be one of the first names on the sheet. Hope Dalot has another solid performance.

Dalot should of played last game for the whole 90 mins. Don't know why he started with Young, he was ****.

Back