The Manchester United Thread

We've miss edout on so many good players who have cost less than the ones we have got. Would absolutely of loved Torreira at United, he brings so much to the midfield. Why do we always seemingly miss out on those types of players, instead we're stuck with Static Matic.

Loved the way Darmian celebrated our second goal yesterday was like when Nev ran up to the crowd against the scousers. Pundits and media are spot on about Bailly and Rojo. Both brought that aggression and passion to the team and willingness to come forward with the ball.

We've miss edout on so many good players who have cost less than the ones we have got. Would absolutely of loved Torreira at United, he brings so much to the midfield. Why do we always seemingly miss out on those types of players, instead we're stuck with Static Matic.

No point even thinking that way. If he was at United, he'd be getting as many minutes as Fred under Jose.

Pundits and media are spot on about Bailly and Rojo. Both brought that aggression and passion to the team and willingness to come forward with the ball.

Yeah but why the f has Mourinho not realised this until now, he says he wanted mad dogs but the only thing he has done with them up till now is keep them out of the team mostly.

We didn't miss out. We just don't play him (Fred)

Jose is scared to risk. It's the one thing he had to to change. And he can't. And since he can't enact his old fortress football, which was extraordinary, he needs to go. Simple as that

I'm starting to think more and more now we need Zidane more than anyone else. He is the only manager I believe who would totally be able to get players back on side like Pogba and Martial. that strong French connection and legendary player, would be such a motivation to players like Pereira also.

To my mind this is the only guy who can actually transform this team and turn the heads of star players to make them want to stay by end of this season. If we don't take the Zidane route and Mourinho is still here through till end of the season, we'll be in an absolute mess. If we hire another manager who isn't Zidane then they'll struggle to keep these top players like Pogba, De Gea etc. also.

Without Zidane we're facing a massive rebuild not only in terms of identity but players also.

We didn't miss out. We just don't play him (Fred)

Jose is scared to risk. It's the one thing he had to to change. And he can't. And since he can't enact his old fortress football, which was extraordinary, he needs to go. Simple as that

Fred and Pereira didn't even make the squad yesterday, he had Fellaini and McTominay there though of course! Woodward needs to wake up and smell the coffee, longer we keeping Mourinho, the more damage it is doing to us. At the moment virtually all of our best players have uncertain futures and seemingly could leave next summer. Pogba, Martial, De Gea, Pereira. - Whether you think they will or not, their future is less than certain right now.

Last edited:
Good news on Martial. Was just a slight muscle injury taken off as a precaution by the physio. Should be fine for the weekend.

Just seen one of the papers reporting that 'United prepared to pay 40mil for Pochettino.

Would be money well spent if we could get him for that off Spurs.

Just seen one of the papers reporting that 'United prepared to pay 40mil for Pochettino.

Would be money well spent if we could get him for that off Spurs.
Original source the Sun with no quotes no nothing just guess work. Also the Mail have ran with it.

In other news on the manager front Jardim move to some Saudi club broke down and he rejected the move.

Original source the Sun with no quotes no nothing just guess work. Also the Mail have ran with it.

In other news on the manager front Jardim move to some Saudi club broke down and he rejected the move.

Jardim would be my ideal replacement, really hope we get him

I think the problem we have now with any new manager is that a lot of our top players are not happy with the current state of the club. I don't think Pochettino could convince these guys like Pogba to give it another go, only Zidane could do that.

Although I like Pochettino, I think it is perhaps not the best choice now. We need someone who is going to come in and get the passion back but also have a strong enough influence to keep our top players! It's only Zidane.

Last edited:
Jardim then Pochettino for me.

Di Marzio and his club have confirmed this. Utd will announce soon.

Despite the last attempts of the #PSG, Juventus and especially Valencia, Noam Emeran (Amiens) should sign for Manchester United this winter. We are talking about an estimated transfer of 2 million euros, with bonuses that can increase the total to 10 million euros +% for resale.

Thats a lot for a lad just turned 16. His stats are great from what I’ve seen for his age.

Its gonna cost close to 100mil to get Mou out and Poch in. Jardim gotta be fav. I'd have still gone for a Zidane/Blanc combo ages ago.

"[On Wednesday] we had a mentality that brought our game to a good level," says Jose. "We pressed the ball more, were fast in our transitions and put difficulties on our opponent. We need to be consistent in this." #MUFC

Mourinho: "Step by step. You have also other players in other clubs that needed their time and some of them played even less than what Fred is playing. The day we are stronger defensively I think the horizons for Fred change completely." #mulive

On injuries he said there some doubts over 3 players. But will need late tests.

Its gonna cost close to 100mil to get Mou out and Poch in. Jardim gotta be fav. I'd have still gone for a Zidane/Blanc combo ages ago.
Yeah think we can forget about Poch after that new contract and with Levy. Like you said plus paying off Mou. Poch ain’t gonna happen.

"[On Wednesday] we had a mentality that brought our game to a good level," says Jose. "We pressed the ball more, were fast in our transitions and put difficulties on our opponent. We need to be consistent in this." #MUFC

Mourinho: "Step by step. You have also other players in other clubs that needed their time and some of them played even less than what Fred is playing. The day we are stronger defensively I think the horizons for Fred change completely." #mulive

On injuries he said there some doubts over 3 players. But will need late tests.

Freds high press stats at Shaktar were as good as Dinhos for us. He makes this sound like Fred is a liability.

His agent Mendes has said in a statement just now that Mourinho will be at Utd till the end of the season. And rumours of an early exit are rubbish. Happy weekend Zzeezzy ;)

Quote from the Beeb: Via @danroan. Jorge Mendes on Mourinho: ““There’s been rumours of Jose Mourinho leaving Man Utd. It’s totally untrue. José is very happy at club + club is very happy with him. He has long-term contract with Man Utd + is fully committed to club in building solid winning project.”

Last edited:
Back